Statue Angel of Death

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this one Bad but they want the entire price up front. I was expecting a deposit maybe then the rest of the cost when it was about to ship.... so im out on the AP....will have to wait until sideshow put it up for pre order

AOD is Proto and we may change some colors
The feedback has been positive

Hope so because the sculpt is amazing, i love the way the armor looks! Black wings would have been awesome on this and the statue needs some shades on the paint!

Some new pics from around the web
sdcc12sideshowgeneral07.jpg
[/URL]

Hope so because the sculpt is amazing, i love the way the armor looks! Black wings would have been awesome on this and the statue needs some shades on the paint!

I was talking to the artist from Sideshow, they like the sculpt and they think the paint is good. I do think if we had a little more time we could have worked on the paint some more.
I appreciate the feedback

I also would've preferred the wings to have been black or at least a darker shade of color. Are the wings removable? I'm assuming that they are. So a quick repaint would be pretty easy to do.

I can kinda understand why they went with the lighter color. So you could see more of the details on the wings and also the AOD is already black, so an all black statue wouldn't stand out as much they probably thought?

Either way I would've wanted them to go with a darker color for the wings ;)

I also would've preferred the wings to have been black or at least a darker shade of color. Are the wings removable? I'm assuming that they are. So a quick repaint would be pretty easy to do.

I can kinda understand why they went with the lighter color. So you could see more of the details on the wings and also the AOD is already black, so an all black statue wouldn't stand out as much they probably thought?

:exactly: Black wings would look wicked.

Hi Averone.

Love the proto AOD. I reserved an AP and was confirmed via email last August. What the procedure now? I do think that it needs a bit more tweaking on the paint. Have you considered accenting some of the details on the armour with a different colour? I was thinking an antique bronze. There are leather straps on the sides of his chest plate. Are they going to be the same colour as the armour or are they going to be brown? Also in my opinion the skull could use a darker wash to bring out more of the details (teeth and tendons etc). Awesome looking sculpt !!

Last edited:
Hi Averone.

Love the proto AOD. I reserved an AP and was confirmed via email last August. What the procedure now? I do think that it needs a bit more tweaking on the paint. Have you considered accenting some of the details on the armour with a different colour? I was thinking an antique bronze. There are leather straps on the sides of his chest plate. Are they going to be the same colour as the armour or are they going to be brown? Also in my opinion the skull could use a darker wash to bring out more of the details (teeth and tendons etc). Awesome looking sculpt !!

What we saw at the show was the proto, there will be some slight adjustments and improvements. For example there are gaps that could not be filled between the souls and the base, they will be finished in the final production.
It is now up to Arahom to change it but for the most part it is these colors for your AP.
I am not sure if you are all aware of this, but the dead souls and the face of the AOD is painted glow in the dark. If we colored them, or put a wash over them, they will not look right in the dark.
As far as a new color for the wings etc. we always had that idea from the start. However, it took way too long to make the wings. Also, there is much detail on the sculpt that is hard to capture with photos.

:exactly: Black wings would look wicked.

Agreed...Black with a purple/blue iridescence like a crow.

I do not see this happening on the Sideshow production. But there may be a small limited run done in house. But this will not be seen for a long, long time.
I think its just a matter of preference, I know there are just as many who like the painted colors as is.
We are listening to you, however we could be doing 5 different variations and someone still would not be happy. Its a decision we had to make, and for both the simplicity and production in our factory and wanting this to be made in the next few months we had to come up with a color option that would appeal with a broad group of people.
It is my personal opinion that it was the right choice for now.

What we saw at the show was the proto, there will be some slight adjustments and improvements. For example there are gaps that could not be filled between the souls and the base, they will be finished in the final production.
It is now up to Arahom to change it but for the most part it is these colors for your AP.
I am not sure if you are all aware of this, but the dead souls and the face of the AOD is painted glow in the dark. If we colored them, or put a wash over them, they will not look right in the dark.
As far as a new color for the wings etc. we always had that idea from the start. However, it took way too long to make the wings. Also, there is much detail on the sculpt that is hard to capture with photos.

Thanks for the quick response and explanation. I didn't know that glow in the dark was incorporated in the sculpt. It should look great in a dark room. So do I buy an AP from the site or do wait to get contacted about my reservation?

Cheers

Thanks for the quick response and explanation. I didn't know that glow in the dark was incorporated in the sculpt. It should look great in a dark room. So do I buy an AP from the site or do wait to get contacted about my reservation?

Cheers

Its entirely up to you. However I like to see more sales from Sideshow and you can use their great customer service and Flex payment plan.
I just heard from Sideshow that they took our pictures and it should go up for sale soon. I know their photos will be much better than ours so you may at least wait to see it once more on the order page before you decide.

Kinda weak of Sideshow to not show any pictures of this statue in the dark so we can see the glow from the base :(

Back