Anakin Skywalker PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly do you mean "sculpt" the folds into the robe, I don't have any experience really with this kind of stuff. I've never messed with the costuming on my PF's much. Do you spray the water directly on the robe, then smooth it out and just let it dry afterwards basically?

Yup. What I meant to say is you shape the folds how you think they should fold if that makes sense. I spray it directly on the robes and yeah just let it dry and it keeps the shapes you made.

Yup. What I meant to say is you shape the folds how you think they should fold if that makes sense. I spray it directly on the robes and yeah just let it dry and it keeps the shapes you made.

Okay I see what you mean now. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

What the heck ! You guys actually like the way SS cheaped out on this one ? There is almost no difference in the head sculpt. The base looks like a cheap piece of crap.

WHY DID THEY MESS WITH THE EXCLUSIVE HEAD ? :duh:banghead:google

Really hating what sideshow did here. Sorry. But I do.

Seeing the frist in-hand pictures here I totally agree. There seems to be no difference at all except the eye color. I think SS has also updated the exclusive pictures on their website...

Here is a head comparison shot that was requested.

p1020277ky7.jpg

WHAT CRAP !!!!! I am so hating their decision to cheap out on this one !

Literally nothing different. CRAP !!!!!

Awesome pic Natrix. :D

Still think the sith head should be more evil. :lol Nothing Josh couldn't fix though. :rock

I already PM"ed him hoping he can do me a repaint of one of the heads.

Seeing the frist in-hand pictures here I totally agree. There seems to be no difference at all except the eye color. I think SS has also updated the exclusive pictures on their website...

SiDeshow CHEAPED OUT !!!

What were you expecting, devil horns on the Sith head?

You *do* realize that in the movie only his eyes changed don't you?

2005_revenge_of_the_sith_stills_012.jpg

_41126941_starwars_anakin300.jpg

I don't think only his eyes changed. I think his whole facial posture changed as well...meaning the way he held his face with expression. (I obviously am having trouble expressing my thoughts today. :lol) Also, there was definitely more black around his eyes when he went full sith.

What the heck ! You guys actually like the way SS cheaped out on this one ? There is almost no difference in the head sculpt. The base looks like a cheap piece of crap.

WHY DID THEY MESS WITH THE EXCLUSIVE HEAD ? :duh:banghead:google

Really hating what sideshow did here. Sorry. But I do.

Relax.

First of all, the base is the same as most of the other SW PFs. It's meant to compliment PFs like Vader, Obi-Wan, Maul, etc.

Secondly, the additional head with Sith Eyes is an exclusive... why would it need to be an all-new sculpt? The Sith Eyes alone make for a completely different look-n-feel with the piece.

When Sideshow messes up or "cheaps out" I am among the first to call them on it, but you are way off here.

What were you expecting, devil horns on the Sith head?

You *do* realize that in the movie only his eyes changed don't you?

2005_revenge_of_the_sith_stills_012.jpg

_41126941_starwars_anakin300.jpg

+1

What was so wrong with the original concept ?

(I hope this is the right one)

121916_Anakin250.jpg

I don't think only his eyes changed. I think his whole facial posture changed as well...meaning the way he held his face with expression. (I obviously am having trouble expressing my thoughts today. :lol) Also, there was definitely more black around his eyes when he went full sith.

Relax.

First of all, the base is the same as most of the other SW PFs. It's meant to compliment PFs like Vader, Obi-Wan, Maul, etc.

Secondly, the additional head with Sith Eyes is an exclusive... why would it need to be an all-new sculpt? The Sith Eyes alone make for a completely different look-n-feel with the piece.

When Sideshow messes up or "cheaps out" I am among the first to call them on it, but you are way off here.

Nah man, I'll give you than on the base. Though the Maul is different.

But the cheaping out IMO with a repaint of the regular head for a SITH eyes version is a copout.

There is not difference in the experession. No anger. No depth.

That is what, once again, IMHO, gave the original concept the appeal it had. It truly set the appeal for the exclusive a par above. For all the delays we had you would have though it was due to the additional sculpt.

It's my opinion but slowly becoming the norm from SS. You have a great sculpt and the final product looks worse. :banghead

+1

What was so wrong with the original concept ?

(I hope this is the right one)

121916_Anakin250.jpg

Nah man, I'll give you than on the base. Though the Maul is different.

But the cheaping out IMO with a repaint of the regular head for a SITH eyes version is a copout.

There is not difference in the experession. No anger. No depth.

That is what, once again, IMHO, gave the original concept the appeal it had. It truly set the appeal for the exclusive a par above. For all the delays we had you would have though it was due to the additional sculpt.

It's my opinion but slowly becoming the norm from SS. You have a great sculpt and the final product looks worse.

I believe that this original prototype still used the same sculpt for both Sith and Jedi looks just like the final product. The thing is the Jedi look in the top of this picture is exactly how the final sculpt looks in person looking at it straight on. When the head is on the body, the head is angled down and has a more furrowed brow look that they used for the lower picture. It gives an illusion of being a different sculpt. When you have it in hand it is easier to compare it to the pictures and see what I mean.

p1020284dj5.jpg

Maybe Trevor can come in and clear this one up.

Last edited:
Wow, this PF came out really good looking! Wasn't really a fan of the proto... something about the face/expression looked off. But, whatever it was I'm not seeing it from these shots!

Congrats to those who got it :rock

Wow, this PF came out really good looking! Wasn't really a fan of the proto... something about the face/expression looked off. But, whatever it was I'm not seeing it from these shots!

Congrats to those who got it :rock

Recent pics have made it look as I thought it would look. Have to say I'm very tempted to get it but I really can't. :lol Probably should just stay out of this thread.

Recent pics have made it look as I thought it would look. Have to say I'm very tempted to get it but I really can't. :lol Probably should just stay out of this thread.

These image threads are huge tempters. I wasn't going to get the PF Obi-Wan until I wandered in to the image thread for it. And then that led to Vader. :lol Hopefully it'll still be around when you can afford one and you can pick it up and it looks to be a great piece.

Hey guys,

I got a copy of this piece this week, and I'm really impressed by it. The outfit is just amazing...I'm most impressed with how that all came together. He looks good with or without his Jedi robe.

To answer the question I saw about the two heads-they're identical sculpts. We didn't do any alterations, it was all paint, and perhaps lighting, that gave that impression. :)

So yeah, if you've got this piece on order...I would think you'll really like how it turned out. the sculpted parts all came through just about exactly as they were when I turned him in. and the outfit is superb, in my eyes...the tunic can be tugged down a bit below the belt...if I had any criticism, it would be that that piece of clothing could have been about a half an inch longer.

Trev

ps- I had a bit of trouble getting the saber to light up...Just had to fiddle with the arm connection.

These image threads are huge tempters. I wasn't going to get the PF Obi-Wan until I wandered in to the image thread for it. And then that led to Vader. :lol Hopefully it'll still be around when you can afford one and you can pick it up and it looks to be a great piece.

I think the EX FP is up and running on SC as well. I might do that as it would stretch things out.

Back