Anakin Skywalker PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've barely begun futzing mine. :( But I did give the tunic a good tug and flush. First thing I did. That's no longer a concern of mine.

Got mine put together and displayed. It looks awesome just as people have said. The only thing I dont like is the hood is tough to get right because of the lack of wires if going for the hood up look.

Another nit pick, I wish the tabbards were split apart so that you can adjust them. I think the way they are stitched together, they are a bit too close together.

Other than that, a fantastic piece and was thinking of wrapping him in saran wrap and giving the cloak a water treatment, however I was able to mold the cloak wires into something that looks good enough for me. The back is a bit wrinkled but no one is going to see the back of it for now anyway.

Rory, don't think you need more pics. Just get him and if you dont like him, get retail back and cash in the reward points. better than having it sit in sideshows computer system.

I'll never get used to Star Wars fans saying that. After all, Star Wars is only Anakin Skywalker's story...

I know he's supposed to be Important (tm) to the story, but I never liked the execution, as much as I hoped to. I sided more with Obi-Wan than with Anakin throughout the PT. Since we're discussing collectibles here, my point is that people don't necessarily have to build their collections around the G-canon. It's whatever their personal tastes, space and budgets allow..

I agree, Anakin is the key character. Without him there would be no Star Wars. No Luke...nothing.

Technically, without the original '77 SW, we wouldn't be having this conversation about Anakin. ;)

Got mine put together and displayed. It looks awesome just as people have said. The only thing I dont like is the hood is tough to get right because of the lack of wires if going for the hood up look.

Another nit pick, I wish the tabbards were split apart so that you can adjust them. I think the way they are stitched together, they are a bit too close together.

Other than that, a fantastic piece and was thinking of wrapping him in saran wrap and giving the cloak a water treatment, however I was able to mold the cloak wires into something that looks good enough for me. The back is a bit wrinkled but no one is going to see the back of it for now anyway.

Rory, don't think you need more pics. Just get him and if you dont like him, get retail back and cash in the reward points. better than having it sit in sideshows computer system.
Word. I ordered him tonight. I am sure I am going to like him. :rock :D

Here is a head comparison shot that was requested.

p1020277ky7.jpg

Anakin has absolutely the best likeness since PF Obi-Wan. I am thrilled with this PF. Here's a few quick pics right out of the box with very minimal "futzing". The robe is going to need some major attention, it's unbelievably wrinkled from the packaging.

PB136870.jpg

PB136883.jpg

PB136889.jpg

PB136892.jpg

PB136895.jpg

PB136897.jpg

PB136899.jpg

PB136900.jpg

Horrible lighting in these pics I know, but I can't remember the last ime I was this excited about a Sideshow release that I just had to post some wuick shots.

I'm honestly not sure I'll have him wear the robe since the costume looks so great.

I'm honestly not sure I'll have him wear the robe since the costume looks so great.

That's what's so great about this piece - 2 head options, robe on or off option, hood up or down option...whenever you get tired of the piece, just switch up the look a bit!

My plan for now is to display him sith head with the hood up, however, when they release a 'companion' ROTS Obi-Wan, I think a robe off Mustafar duel display will be in order! :rock

P.S., Awesome pics Darth Rage. Really showcases how great the sculpt, paint apps and costuming is. Just need to iron and water-treat that outer robe and you're good to go.

I was honestly going through my stuff tonight trying to find what I could sell to afford this. I don't want to miss out on the exclusive! Such an amazing piece.

It's not just the eyes. There is some subtle darkening underneath that makes him look much more sinister. It's really pretty awesome in-hand.

In fact, I'd now say that this is the best SW PF yet. Or at least tied with Obi-Wan.

It's not just the eyes. There is some subtle darkening underneath that makes him look much more sinister. It's really pretty awesome in-hand.

In fact, I'd now say that this is the best SW PF yet. Or at least tied with Obi-Wan.

The regular head has the same darkening under the eyes, at least mine does.

Really can't wait to get mine after seeing all these awesome pics. There's one thing I'm curious about, what does water treating the robe actually mean? How would you go about doing that, and does it get the wrinkles out?

Really can't wait to get mine after seeing all these awesome pics. There's one thing I'm curious about, what does water treating the robe actually mean? How would you go about doing that, and does it get the wrinkles out?

The way I do it is get a spray bottle at Wal Mart or wherever for a dollar. Spray with robe with water (careful not to get leather or belt wet) then "sculpt" the folds into the robe. Then just let it dry. Works wonders and makes the robe look much more natural.

The way I do it is get a spray bottle at Wal Mart or wherever for a dollar. Spray with robe with water (careful not to get leather or belt wet) then "sculpt" the folds into the robe. Then just let it dry. Works wonders and makes the robe look much more natural.

What exactly do you mean "sculpt" the folds into the robe, I don't have any experience really with this kind of stuff. I've never messed with the costuming on my PF's much. Do you spray the water directly on the robe, then smooth it out and just let it dry afterwards basically?

Back