Anakin Skywalker PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how I've displayed him (waiting for SS to make a rots obi to complete the set)

IMG_0293Small.jpg

IMG_0280Small.jpg

I like how you have Obi and Vader posed, like their dueling. But yeah I agree, I like to be able to see the face and actual detail, so I prefer to have my PF's facing forward.

Well, this is why I hate the choice that Sideshow made for Vader and Obi-wan's pose. It just looks dumb in my opinion to have them both facing forward holding their sabers like fishing poles, but when you put them in the "correct" pose it's harder to appreciate the sculpts.

I love this. It's like young Anakin is a ghost from the past controlling Vader. Should look great if and when they make the corresponding pre-trilogy Obi-wan.

I see where he's going with that set up and think it looks awesome. I do agree that turning anakin from time to time might be cool. or even until the make another obi... put anakin in the center facing forward and vader and obi on the sides facing how you have them.

It looks great the way it is but might even look better with Anakin (and PT Obi-Wan) facing forward. Could you try that and take a picture, ambasah?

I don't think it needs one, but I might consider sending the non-sith head out for a Sith repaint. I'll never use the regular head so if it gets lost in the mail (which is my biggest worry about getting something repainted) it won't bother me.

yeah i agree it looks really good for a factory paint but I'd love to see what a custom paint would look like. If I get one I think I'll send it out for a repaint just so it can be the best statue it can be.

I'm pretty sure they are not even on.:D

correct :D

Thanks for the suggestions and compliments guys. Getting them to look "just right" will take more adjusting for sure - and I hope a Ep.3 Obi is sooner than later or else I will have to think of something else to put in that particular display case.

Well, this is why I the choice that Sideshow made for Vader and Obi-wan's pose. It just looks dumb in my opinion to have them both facing forward holding their sabers like fishing poles, but when you put them in the "correct" pose it's harder to appreciate the sculpts.

I respectfully disagree, if you have enough glass around your display and it certainly appears that the aquarium provides that; they look great, very much a "movie" moment.

:clap

You think having them standing next to each other with their lightsabers extended in front of them looks natural?

When they are posed facing each other? Yes, very much so; just like the film actually.

i have vader/obi posed facing each other diagonally. it looks different from both sides of the room. from direct front more of darth shows to accentuate/appreciate his light up features.

I think you misread what I was saying. My whole point was that having them face each other is your only choice. You can't have them both facing forward.

Agreed, I don't think I would want one and not the other. But no one wants a totally stoic Vader, so aside from a finger pointing or force choking this was the best choice for ANH.

I think you misread what I was saying. My whole point was that having them face each other is your only choice. You can't have them both facing forward.

I have both of mine facing outwards and I think they look okay. Vader doesn't bother me, but I hate having Obi where his headsculpt isn't easily visible.

Back