Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingdarkness03 said:
With more pix coming out the more I think the first image in this thread is the Anakin we'll be getting....I really dont like the lips, they are to dark and it looks like he is getting ready to kiss someone and the mascara under the eyes is dreadfull....I think Chicken Little has finally grabed a hold of me and aint letting go...

Yeah, I am starting to think the dark lipped, mascara wearing wonder is what's going to arrive. :monkey2

Boy, I really love the Toyfair Ani, it was obviously custom painted for the show, the paint apps here are not the same, darker hair as Tom pointed out, thicker eyebrows, darker lips, etc. In Luke we received a fairly accurate representation of the Toyfair Luke-- doesn't seem to be the case with Anakin at "first blush" but he still looks great.

Looks like CustomMikey may be getting a very large partial head repaint order.

Last edited:
Just saw this one posted on the HK site:
01010955.jpg

Anyone dislike this? I for one am officially OFF the chicken little wagon of doom.:rotfl

pixletwin said:
Just saw this one posted on the HK site:
01010955.jpg

Anyone dislike this? I for one am officially OFF the chicken little wagon of doom.:rotfl

Hi, I'm new here but I've been reading all the mesages. I agreed with pixletwin - the pic of Ani in the box looks fine to me and I'm sticking to my excl. and reg. Ani pre-orders!

Looks like the people that painted the PF Luke painted this one. What is with the eyeliner and lipstick? Might be some happy waitlists filled with this one. I'm getting nervous....

pixletwin said:
I for one am officially OFF the chicken little wagon of doom.:rotfl
I was never on the wagon, so I'm with ya pally. The lips do look a bit too dark and the hair too. I'm not too concerned about the mascara though because the first time I saw pics of Luke it looked to me like he had big red circles surrounding his eyes, but they're not apparent on the figure.

DarthRamuk said:
Hi, I'm new here but I've been reading all the mesages. I agreed with pixletwin - the pic of Ani in the box looks fine to me and I'm sticking to my excl. and reg. Ani pre-orders!

Welcome to SSF DarthRamuk! :welcome

Darth Rage said:
Looks like the people that painted the PF Luke painted this one. What is with the eyeliner and lipstick? Might be some happy waitlists filled with this one. I'm getting nervous....
Me too...This just isnt what I expected....the pix from TF made Anakin look like one of the best paint apps and likenesses that SS had, now it looks like a half as good paint app, which really sux....smaller darker lips, darker hair, an orangeish skin tone, MASCARA!!!!!!....I dont know.....I'am very nervous now....I had such high hopes after the TF pix.....this will be my final comment on the matter untill I actually receive mine...

IrishJedi said:
WRONG. I have met both Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen personally, and Hayden is indeed at least a legit 6'1".

Here is a pic of me with him. For scale of reference, I am 5'9 (and at least the same height as Hamill, if not slightly taller):

583055757_l.jpg

which one is hayden?:confused:

I hope SSC corrects the hair and lip color for Sith Ani as he is probably VERY close to being painted soon.

pixletwin said:
One more set of pics from me off the HK site:
01010965.jpg

01010968.jpg

Now that these newer pics have surfaced, I doubt we're heading for a train wreck. It's becoming very clear that the initial Oompa-Loompa pic of Anakin was stage one of a customization. As for the dark hair and lips, I really think it's the flash on the camera doing that. I remember using the flash on Luke and the result was Carrot Top's hair, which is obviously not even close to the figure's real hair color. It looks as though the skin is washed out, which is enhancing the hair and lips. Also, camera flashes wipe out a lot of subtle color variations and nuances. Again, I refer to Luke.

abake said:
It's apparent that Anakin's lips are too dark and err... moist.
The compariosn shot with Luke makes this painfully obvious.

Don't bother me none.
Edit:
PS. Thanks to Brucepan over at the Star Wars Chinese Forum for the good pics of Anakin and for dissuading any fears I had about this piece!
14014133780.jpg

Last edited:
I can wait a few days to reserve judgement for when some board members get him and start posting pics. Call me slightly concerned.

tomandshell said:
It's starting to look pretty clear that the Toy Fair Anakin was not actually a production sample... :sick

Natural coloring on his lips, and not a hint of black mascara, thinner and natural looking eyebrows, and a lighter hair color with subtle variations:

IMG_0094.jpg

DAMN, this is the Anakin I want!!! Sideshow, why do you tease us so?:confused:

Other than the lips if what we see in the pics posted by galactiboy he looks to be pretty well done. Not perfect mind you but Anakin does seem to be a very solid figure.

You can see the difference in the quality of the 2 photos above clearly, so you can't really judge based on that.

On another note, can anybody decipher what they are saying on the Chinese forums? I have the Google toolbar installed on my browser and it has a translator function on it. When I use it, it translates it into English, but the words make no sense at all. I believe it is translating the words literally which a lot of times don't make sense in other languages, but wow! Here is a quote:

I have read in kind in the U.S. than in many photographs, I wonder why the results from the use of cameras will get a shot

???

Back