Amstel's World of Figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Amstel's Custom Horror Figures...

I see. It looks like that gap is a bit too much for his lips (too open), and the lips are a bit too short (not wide enough), although that's just me! Still a nice sculpt regardless. Fill in the gap, and shade the lips wider and it'd be golden :)

Painting definitely gets easier once you start painting a various amount of things. It's actually quite fun (even if it can be time consuming)

I agree. I have seen MadBug's 1.0 and that one is better than retooled 2.0 when it comes to the shape of the facial features. I should fill in the gap and repaint it again and hopefully he wouldn't look like a kissy face. Lol OR start over with my 2nd sculpt. :)

The whole time I was worried about my lack of painting skills and it does get easier once I picked up on it and had been learning some tricks. Its definitely fun. However hairing the sculpt is no fun!

Hey amstel...great pics of my Collector! ! I'm glad you like him and sorry the knife was lost once again. The knife wasn't common back when I built him up but fortunately is more so now with other Hot Toys Joker releases and such. Anyway enjoy the figure!!

So is your Collector the Collection version or? I thought in The Collector he wore a leather type mask and in the Collection he has that steel wool looking mask.

I'm watching the Collection now, 20 minutes in, damn this is good. These are some of the best recent horror movies I've ever seen. It reminds me of Hostel/Saw etc. (which I also love)

You should make a custom collector crate :) shouldn't be too hard!

The mask is the Collection version. I would love to have the Collector version of mask sculpt that I could switch out whenever I feel like it. That would be cool!
I love the Hostel and Saw movies.

I thought about adding a red trunk with an arm sticking out. He uses that to collect one human being he wanted to keep after killing the rest of them. ;)

Do it! It adds to the figure :)

I'm going to add the Collector to the list of possible 1/1s in the future. He's not entirely difficult, except for the mask/eyes. He'd be scary!!

Wow I can imagine a 1:1 Collector going to scare the crap out of people! Lol That would be cool to see.

There was no difference in the mask for both movies. I made that figure before the sequel came out. The mask was a flocked leather looking mask. It may have changed slightly between movies but if you look closely at the screen used prop it has that furry flocked look. Unfortunately at 1/6 scale the flocking is more noticeable. The actor in the sequel was a different person and had a heavier physique then the original guy.

Thank you for clarifying that! I really did not pay close attention to the details of the mask and now maybe I should from now and on. I have to watch the first one again.

Thank you for clarifying that! I really did not pay close attention to the details of the mask and now maybe I should from now and on. I have to watch the first one again.
No problem. If you look up the mask on the Internet you can find the close up pics I was talking about and you can see what I was shooting for. LOL

Ok I will do that. What do you think about me adding a trunk as a prop to go with the figure or let it stand alone. I like to hear your opinions. It does look good standing alone though. I had a friend stopping by last night and your Collector was the first one he noticed before the others! Lol

Ok I will do that. What do you think about me adding a trunk as a prop to go with the figure or let it stand alone. I like to hear your opinions. It does look good standing alone though. I had a friend stopping by last night and your Collector was the first one he noticed before the others! Lol
Hey its your figure now so I think you should do whatever you want. Adding a trunk would be cool for sure. But either way your choice. [emoji4]

Ah alright cool, thanks for clearing that up. It does look like leather from afar, but close up yah I see what you were going for.

Honestly think the Collection was better than the Collector. That ending was amazing.

They should either make a prequel or sequel called the Collected. I'm sure it will happen.

Ah alright cool, thanks for clearing that up. It does look like leather from afar, but close up yah I see what you were going for.

Honestly think the Collection was better than the Collector. That ending was amazing.

They should either make a prequel or sequel called the Collected. I'm sure it will happen.
If you have the DVD/Blu Ray of the Collection check out the bonus scenes. There is a deleted alternate ending that is great. It's shot in a music video style showing the main characters taking the "trunk" back to their house. Sorry if that's a spoiler but you will only get what I mean if you saw the movie. :)

Here's Leatherface Remake- One's head sculpt, shirt/apron tailored by ZsaszSays and Sideshow's pants/undershirt with gauntlets.

As you see here, I intended to have him on ttm20 but the shirt was too small and tight on it. The shirt supposedly was tailored for a ttm20, somehow mine was too tight but then I had another shirt underneath maybe that is why so I changed out the bodies. Here I am using a ttm21 and I hate it. I wanted to keep a shirt underneath as it has the gauntlets sewn on it. I guess I will have to cut out a part of the under shirt and put this back on a ttm20. I also hate the Sideshow's pants. That pants came with Sideshow's Leatherface. I will have to shop around for another pants- I'm thinking a ttm20 jeans. Any suggestions from you? I don't like the boots that I have on him. I have a saturday toys boots I'm thinking of using but I am not sure either. I'm going to look into shopping for the boots. I won't use Sideshow's boots, I hate those too. The blood on the chainsaw looks terrible and so fake! Keep in mind, I did not have burnt umber paint at the time when I was mixing the red paint. Now that I do. I will have to mix red in with burnt umber and start over with painting blood on the chainsaw. I got this chainsaw off the McFarlane Leatherface set.

I am not sure why the head sculpt doesn't fit on the ttm20 neck. I had to use a neck connector and it was still loose so I had to use some padding inside to make it fit on there. I'm going to dremel out some parts of the neck to make it fit on ttm20.

I am not happy. The money I spent on ttm20 body, the clothes, the parts and the accessories yet it is not coming together very well. I have no complaints about the head sculpt though. The paint job and the hair looks really good. Just needing to fix the neck part of it, thats all.

Here's the picture...consider this a WIP-

9yju4e6e.jpg

The Leatherface figure and accessories will be put on hold for now. This project is too frustrating and I need to clear my mind. :D Stay tuned...

OK two things that's making today a really good day for me!!

1- One of my favorite Giants players is being inducted in to the NFL Hall Of Fame tonight! Congratulations to Michael Strahan! Once a Giant, Always a Giant.

2- A package arrived today in the mail!!

Here is One's Customs Warlock Myers figure! I struck a good deal through Stiff Richards. Thank you Stiff! :duff In my opinion this is one of the best Warlock Myers I've seen so far...

I am proud to present him to you-

zuru7ada.jpg

yqu4uhy2.jpg

u7ubaran.jpg

pu3ehery.jpg

Sorry to hear about the hard time you're having with LF.. Mine is basically all SS parts except for the apron and boots. I thought the everything else was fine, especially the pants. Although mine is on a kaustic body. I used the DAM recon team boots which are basically jungle boots. Ive actually been revamping mine all week and will post pics in the LF thread as soon as he's done. Ones sculpt really shines even on your WIP. I am very jealous... Haha

Back