Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked today and they moved the Shorty/Tiny Killer Klown figure from March to June...getting a little annoyed at being teased like this...why not mark it TBD instead of getting our hopes up every few months ?

That and their annoying customer service...is really getting to me. I've paid for two seperate pre-order figures after being told they could be combined and then ended up being charged full shipping for both.

If I had the money I would just get someone to make me a set of Klown figures. :/

Hope not... I still want the 1/6 Bub and Blackula; but their long delays and QC issues have me leary on pre-ordering.

So is amoktime officially the new sota toys?

I don't think so. While the updates may be lacking, folks with smaller companies, myself included, tend to forget that the smaller you are the farther back you may get oushed along the production line overseas. Its vicious. And frustrating to both the seller and the buyer. I can only hope that all the people actually complaining actually are buying the items in question so that there can be a production run and completion of lines.

Truthfully I haven't ordered anything else from them... I know a lot of this is out of their control. But with some of the issues of the recent figures and unknown arrival times I'm just taking a wait and see approach.

I don't think so. While the updates may be lacking, folks with smaller companies, myself included, tend to forget that the smaller you are the farther back you may get oushed along the production line overseas. Its vicious. And frustrating to both the seller and the buyer. I can only hope that all the people actually complaining actually are buying the items in question so that there can be a production run and completion of lines.

I've had a Bub on preorder since he was announced. Here's hoping they follow through as he's pretty much a grail to me. :(

Out of all the figures they've announced, he has the most potential. Not only would it be a travesty, but a very stupid business decision not do do a guaranteed moneymaker like Bub.

In today's economy there is no such thing as "a guaranteed moneymaker".
And everyone seems to keep forgetting that the life of a figure depends not just on the want for that figure but the necessary preorders to make it happen. Couple that with the overseas factory delays that seem to be being blamed on Amok Time as if they had any decision in how the factories push them back....

Back