AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap!:monkey5 The Batman and Star Trek heads look awesome and the Superman head looks great too (kinda Alex Ross like). Where can I get those?

I ask the sculptors about this as I have been begging them to sell me the Batman characters. Blacula and the Battlestar Galactica heads are being produced by Amoktime. The Rod Serling, Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr. and Kevin Spacey were all customs for Plastic Earth that were sold as complete figures only. Elvis Presley, Bruce Willis, Batman, Robin and Catwoman were all customs done for Toyfare magazine. Kirk and Spock are unproduced prototypes for Scifimetropolis. The Angelina Jolie Frankie is part of a full figure garage kit. The rest of the Batman heads and the Alex Ross style Superman were all private commissions through Plastic Earth. It's nice to see these folks finally getting their work out for more people to see. I was a fan of their garage kit work years ago and the amount of work they have put out is pretty staggering.

Those who have the Majestic Starbuck or Apollo--do you think they're worth having, especially with the risk that a better head may be coming someday? I guess they're only $25 ($32 with shipping)--not bad at all. The headsculpts are weak, the jacket is oversized, and the body is one step below the buck. But is there enough there to salvage?

I got 3 sets before I heard Amoktime was going to be doing more characters. I will wait and see if they come through with better sculpts of Apollo and Starbuck. Now that I wont have to make customs of Boomer and Tige I can use the figures I bought to do other pilots Amoktime may not do. The oversized jacket may work nicely if I ever get a chance to make Jolly.

They dont wanna be stuck with the old stock (weve all got) but the cats out the bag, lets hope their nice enough and wise enough to sell the sculpt as well as the figure so we can makeover our Majestics, dont make me buy another figure.

I wont, Ill spend 6 months working on a sculpt myself and offer it rather than do that.

GRRR! :cuss

Amok Time raised their price on Starbuck and Apollo to $35! I swear, I was just waiting a few more days til my CC was on to the next cycle and I was going to get Starbuck! $25 was a good price, but I'm not sure I can justify it for $35 since the headsculpt is no good, I would have to fix the jacket, and change out his body!

Oh, well! I snooze, I lose!

:banghead

So it is May now.
Any news on Boomer and Tigh?
Or will they be postponed again?

So it is May now.
Any news on Boomer and Tigh?
Or will they be postponed again?

I've had them all on pre-order direct from Amoktime since they were first announced, and I have yet to hear any news. You'd think it'd be easy to release the Cylons at least, as the only modification from the original release is the added skirt.

I'm hoping Amoktime didn't bite off more than they could chew...

Anyone heard anything from Amoktime?

I sent them an e-mail asking for release dates but did not get an answer...:(

The Cylon re-releases are out, but that's it. I'm starting to have doubts that we'll ever see the human characters they promised. :(

I saw that Amoktime changed their web-page, anouncing the arrival of some new Horror-/SciFi-figures.
No word on BSG though. But it's good to see that they are still there.

I've been told that they are working through some issues regarding factories and Universal. The BSG and Lost in Space figures are the ones I'm most interested in. It looks like the Maureen Robinson will be available in a few weeks. Can't wait for the rest of the Robinsons, Don West and the BSG fiures.

I've been told that they are working through some issues regarding factories and Universal. The BSG and Lost in Space figures are the ones I'm most interested in. It looks like the Maureen Robinson will be available in a few weeks. Can't wait for the rest of the Robinsons, Don West and the BSG fiures.

Amen to that!! I would have killed to have been able to have the BSG bridge that they showed at Toy Fair 2008. I want ALL the classic BSG figures. I can only pray that someday a Colicos Baltar will be available.

will be very interested in the new revamped cylons.

They're already out. The only difference is that they added a skirt made out of metallic material that covers their butts, like a Snowtrooper. That was really the only thing missing from the first releases to make them screen-accurate.

But that was months ago, and we haven't seen or heard boo from them since. I'd love to be optimistic, but I'm getting more and more cynical in my old age... :D

They're already out. The only difference is that they added a skirt made out of metallic material that covers their butts, like a Snowtrooper. That was really the only thing missing from the first releases to make them screen-accurate.

Well, there is one more thing that is not accurate: It is the belt buckle which should also be one of those
silver parts, not a regular buckle. Unfortunately they did not change that. :(

How do I contact Amoktime?
I tried sending a mail to [email protected] but got no answer.

That doesn't bode well...

I believe they have a toll-free number you could use. If it's not listed on their website, I'm pretty sure I have it with my pre-order confirmation for all of the new BSG figures.

Shame about the belt buckle, though. Oh well, at least it gives Amoktime reason for a triple-dip re-release.

Back