American Werewolf in London 1/6 figure (PCS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really understand the appeal of figures from these two movies. And I love both of these movies. Just... who wants a MacReady and David Naughton figure? The werewolf form is a no-brainer, but just the actors? :dunno

Macready is a bad mother ****er and deserves to be on everyone's shelf. :lecture

David Naughton... well, if you like the movie yeah I guess... a mid-transformation werewolf would be slightly more attractive though, admittedly.

Honestly, why do any of us want any figures? Because we love a particular movie or show.

There are TONS of licenses I don't collect, but I totally get why fans of those properties would want figures from them. I'm a huge fan of this movie and for my money, I'm really excited to get these guys in their hiking gear. It's one of the best scenes in the movie and it's right off the poster. That look is iconic. (Honestly, though, while the cut and sew looks pretty good, the sculpts and paint could be a lot better.)

That said, I would also want a Meatloaf Jack, mid-transformation David and a full-on Kessler Wolf, too.

For me, these are going to be hard figures to pull off, because like it's been said, they are two guys in hiking crap. So to make them truly Jack and David, the likenesses need to be stronger than what we see and also they should reflect what is going on in those scenes. Either make them both happy and joking around, or make them look like they are about **** themselves in which they should be wet looking from the rain. But like any figure that doesn't have an iconic costume, it requires the details to be solid and right now these are two guys that are built on the same body, with two completely different facial expressions and have passing likenesses. Makes no sense to me.

But im going to buy them anyway because it's one of my favorite movies.

I have to say I'm pretty excited to get these figures. I love the characters. I may be in the minority tho. I'm just glad to see these two films getting some 1/6 love. In a hobby dominated by super heroes & Star Wars this is a nice change imo

I have to say I'm pretty excited to get these figures. I love the characters. I may be in the minority tho. I'm just glad to see these two films getting some 1/6 love. In a hobby dominated by super heroes & Star Wars this is a nice change imo

Trust me, Im excited too. No matter what gets shipped, I will be buying.

For me part of the appeal is the limited amount of merch available from the movie. As a Star Wars fan it's been see-saw of excitement and burnout where collectibles are concerned. It's always exciting when a lesser celebrated favorite gets some attention.

THIS would be epic in 1/6..........
0dd3afd049b9c6cadbb12460bfa6ddb7.jpg

I fear this release will be it, like the only 1/6 American Werewolf figures for long time.

Even custom route is doubtful due to lack of interest.

So high hopes on these.

I fear this release will be it, like the only 1/6 American Werewolf figures for long time.

Even custom route is doubtful due to lack of interest.

So high hopes on these.

Dream of great customs got killed when PCS hired Yunsil to make their costumes. There are tons of sculptors that could make these heads but only so many high level tailors.

That Jack is definitely a different head and the David has been reworked at least in the hair.
Nothing has changed my interest though. They have been day one purchase since they were teased.
The Jack looks a lot more like Griffin Dunne. Both have the same expressions but seem to look more like the actors now.

I'll probably buy the 1/6 David and Jack. The HS looks good. Those outfits with the poofy coats are as iconic as the actors and represent one of the scariest scenes in film IMO. Now where's our 1/6 wolf?

I'll probably buy the 1/6 David and Jack. The HS looks good. Those outfits with the poofy coats are as iconic as the actors and represent one of the scariest scenes in film IMO. Now where's our 1/6 wolf?

200w.gif

They are doing the statue.....which I ordered.......I would have rather had a fur cover figure though......

awil_1_1.jpg

A 1/6 Kessler wolf would no doubt look amazing on a shelf. It would certainly be a figure in that scale like no other as far as size and body type/articulation

Back