American Mcgee's Alice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NataN

Super Freak
Reaction score
A friend lent me Alice Madness returns for the PS3 and I was wondering if I should play American Mcgee's Alice first. it will cost me $10 thu the playstation network. is it worth it or should I just jump straight into the second game?

I went straight to Madness Returns and I think that worked out just fine. I saw go straight to it and do not worry about the original.

American McGee's Alice IMO was a MUCH Better and intelligently made game.. if you play that Madness Returns will actually seem easier and not that great.

Go for it... I still Remember The Game as one of the best I played in the old days..

Alice is one of my favorite games of all time. The soundtrack by Trent Reznor is half of what makes this game awesome. I was so sad when they didn't use him for the sequel.

Honestly after Alice I was ready to buy any game American McGee made but I feel he was a one-hit wonder.

Read this thread today and went out and got both the original and the sequel. Playing the original now. Loving the creepy atmosphere! It's pretty awesome for such an old game. I'm impressed. The music score sets the mood nicely. Thanks for the info on this game guys.:hi5:

I've also read somewhere that there's going to be a 3rd Alice (possible MMO) game? Anyone else heard about this?

Read this thread today and went out and got both the original and the sequel. Playing the original now. Loving the creepy atmosphere! It's pretty awesome for such an old game. I'm impressed. The music score sets the mood nicely. Thanks for the info on this game guys.:hi5:

I've also read somewhere that there's going to be a 3rd Alice (possible MMO) game? Anyone else heard about this?

No but I don't have high hopes anymore.

The original AMA was an awesome experience even if the computer I was playing it on couldn't handle it on even the lowest settings. It was so annoying I basically had to noclip and explore the environment. The main downside to AMA was that the majority of it was a jumping game which was crazy hard at times. AMR was a good game too. Graphics were really great. But AMA has it beat for music and all around atmosphere. The creepy sound effects and screams were so awesome!

The original AMA was an awesome experience even if the computer I was playing it on couldn't handle it on even the lowest settings. It was so annoying I basically had to noclip and explore the environment. The main downside to AMA was that the majority of it was a jumping game which was crazy hard at times. AMR was a good game too. Graphics were really great. But AMA has it beat for music and all around atmosphere. The creepy sound effects and screams were so awesome!

The steam level!!! But all just challenging enough to be fun most of the time.

Yeah! Any level involving jumping and water was immensely difficult. The snark didn't help any either. I remember playing through it again years later thinking "Ugh, I hate this level!!" when I started a level and remembered how difficult it was. It wasn't so much that I didn't want to play it or that it wasn't fun. I just knew I was in for a heck of a level. And most levels saw me voicing my dread. The new game didn't seem to catch the fear aspect as well as the original. I felt pretty much in control in AMR but in AMA I felt vulnerable and hated the idea of looking around the corner and seeing card guards running at me.

Just finished this and it was awesome! Thanks for the link.

Right on and you are welcome. I havent played them in awhile,think its time for another go through. The Alice is Dead song in the club on part 3 is f"in awesome. Did you have a favorite episode?

Right on and you are welcome. I havent played them in awhile,think its time for another go through. The Alice is Dead song in the club on part 3 is f"in awesome. Did you have a favorite episode?

Agreed, the song is great. It's hard to select one. I liked the first one a lot but it feels a little detached from the series (after the facts). 2 and 3 are great but really kind of one whole thing and the puzzles maybe not as good in 3?
I'm not sure I got the "WTF" ending :)

So I've just beaten the original American Mcgee's Alice game last night and boy was this thing challenging! Crappy controls mixed with the fact that when you eventually die from falling a million times, then having to start at the very beginning of the level makes for a pretty intense/ insane play though to say the least. Lol

Anyways, I loved every minute of it! Being able to die at any given second in the level, gave me the thrilling nightmarish feeling of the game atmosphere. I for one will never forget this gaming experience.

Okay, now I'm off to try and play Alice: madness returns tonight. :rock

I tried buying the original Alice on the playstation network but it won't let me buy it cause my credit card info is out of date. and there's no way to change it. it says use existing card info or something like that if I say yes then it fails, if I say no then nothing happens it's like cancelling the whole thing.

I tried buying the original Alice on the playstation network but it won't let me buy it cause my credit card info is out of date. and there's no way to change it. it says use existing card info or something like that if I say yes then it fails, if I say no then nothing happens it's like cancelling the whole thing.

Hmm, can't really help you there (maybe call The PS help line?) but maybe you could buy one of those $10 PSN cards at GameStop and use the redeem code instead of your credit card info? Just a thought.

Account Management, Billing Information, Enter you password and then you can change you card or remove it

Back