AMC's The Killing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really not surprised this show lost viewers the way they ____ed over it's audience after season one and then after saying they'd resolve it in the first three episodes of season two decided to stretch it into another drawn out season.

I will say this. I really enjoyed the first 9 or 10 episodes. I can't remember at what episode it happened but I remember after maybe episode 11 thinking they are dragging this out. It was the episode where it was essentially Linden looking for her son the entire episode. It literally didn't cover anything but that and my red flag went up.

Well, I just finished watching the season 3 premier...and it was very good. I recommend checking it out even if you sort of liked the first two seasons.

Saw it as well. First time watching this show and liked it.

Watching Joel Kinnaman as Detective Holder is worth the price alone. A touch of badass and humor to his character.

images

The first two seasons suffered from stretching one murder over, well, two seasons. AMC and the creators have said this one will wrap up in 10 episodes.

Again, I definitely like how this season has started out.

I enjoyed them, but it did drag on way more than it should have. If you end up liking the lead characters it's worth watching them.

Btw, the line Jewel Staite had about Serenity was great! :lol

I enjoyed them, but it did drag on way more than it should have. If you end up liking the lead characters it's worth watching them.

Btw, the line Jewel Staite had about Serenity was great! :lol

Thanks, since I really enjoyed the premiere, I think I'll catch up on the first two seasons.

My favorite lines were when Detective Holder lost his patience with Bullet and said this....

"You wanna act like a man, I will treat you like a man...make no mistake about it, I'll swipe the floor with your little baby butch b**ch azz right in front of your little skank-ho girlfriend...feel me!"

:rotfl

Loved season 1 and 2.
The two lead actors are amazing.

Great opener to season 3.

Is it worth going back to watch those first two seasons?

I enjoyed them, but it did drag on way more than it should have.

The biggest problem with the first two seasons are the odd approach it took to the whole cop/detective drama. I think that's what threw a lot of people off. Because it's more of a drama than a typical "who-dun-it" i.e. the big reveal of the killer is actually less important than the voyeuristic look into the lives of the people who've suffered the loss of a loved one to a brutal, unsolved murder.

For instance, there's whole episodes in the first two seasons that don't advance the solution to who killed Rosie Larson at all. Which irked some. Some episodes just show the aftermath of the Larson family trying to maintain while coping with the loss of Rosie.

Also, like Batty said, the US version has 6 more episodes than the original Danish show. Now normally that wouldn't be a bad thing (good tv is good tv) but IMO the biggest problem with the first two seasons are the amount of red herrings and suspects that are thrown out there. It gets so ridiculously that eventually you don't even react when someone else (suspect #458) looks like the murderer because you kinda just expect it'll be BS and a misunderstanding.

So it takes a little getting used to.

Back