Amanda Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Keith. This place can be down right disappointing. Now, this doesn't go for the entire forum, but this goes out to many. I will admit there are some really cool people who came out and supported me here with the news of my father's terminal Cancer. It is greatly appreciated. However, there are a lot of men children on here that feel the need to put down a person who had troubles. A child no less! Also, there is a thing called chemical imbalance. Look it up. People go into depression. Are mentally sick. I swear, empathy is lost on a lot of people on here.

This! Preach my friend! :lecture :goodpost:

how people respond to this incident pretty much reveals their worldview. i for one, am quite saddened that a young girl's life has ended as a result of bullying. my heart goes out to her loved ones. no one should have to outlive their own children. may she rest in peace. :monkey2

Based upon how some people here respond to her plight, it seems very understandable that she thought no one would help. Perhaps it is a sign of the times. You see, people, this is the reason why she felt like her plight was so hopeless.

The world is an extremely cruel and selfish place. No doubt about that. Suicide is NEVER EVER the answer. Still, that is too much pain for an 15 year old to endure. I just wish she had the will to live instead. :(

She made the choice to show her tits, she made the choice to kill herself. The bullies are dicks, nothing more.

"...and besides the wench is dead."

Your lack of compassion for another human is sadly no surprise given your usual views, as further exemplified by your fixation on a portrait of inhumanity, Daniel Plainview.

And as usual, a startling dishonesty underlies your opinions. The bullies in this case are criminals. They have violated any number of criminal statutes, most obviously possession of a sexual explicit image of a person under the age of consent. The fact you do not see that speaks volumes.

Well said Keith. This place can be down right disappointing. Now, this doesn't go for the entire forum, but this goes out to many. I will admit there are some really cool people who came out and supported me here with the news of my father's terminal Cancer. It is greatly appreciated. However, there are a lot of men children on here that feel the need to put down a person who had troubles. A child no less! Also, there is a thing called chemical imbalance. Look it up. People go into depression. Are mentally sick. I swear, empathy is lost on a lot of people on here.

:lecture There alot of man children on here who think there tough and like to bully the younger members becuase they had a horrible youth or whatever. I was seventeen when I was depressed and I wouldnt be here if it wasnt for strong support and knowing that people care. The world has changed.

Your lack of compassion for another human is sadly no surprise given your usual views, as further exemplified by your fixation on a portrait of inhumanity, Daniel Plainview.

And as usual, a startling dishonesty underlies your opinions. The bullies in this case are criminals. They have violated any number of criminal statutes, most obviously possession of a sexual explicit image of a person under the age of consent. The fact you do not see that speaks volumes.

:lol:lol:lol

What a shame. Are there any anti-bullying laws in Canada? I believe there were some passed in the States after something similar happened and a young girl hanged herself.

I agree that suicide is never the answer, but I'm not sure all 15 year olds are mature enough to handle abuse like that. I definitely feel sorry for her for what she went through.

Batty pretty much summed up how I feel on the subject.

*pix ejects from lame thread*

:wave

This site is a cross section of humanity and that sadly will include sociopaths and other borderline personalities with little to no sense of empathy for others.

Fictional adventures, the sort of over-arching genre into which most collectibles on this site fall, can attract people because of the violent dominance of others that is a frequent theme, even where the rest of us see heroism, self-sacrifice, etc.

I note the angry, libertarian sorts do not tend to idolise Yoda or Sam Gamgee or Doctor Who, they tend to go for very aggressive, domineering characters like the Punisher. There is nothing wrong with those characters, as I myself enjoy them in small doses, but they can reflect a certain personality type.

The movie American Beauty shows a big boobed 16 year old topless (Thora Birch), so topless photos alone are not criminal. Needless to say, it isn't sexually explicit, either. Sexually explicit means the showing of a sex act, like penetration of some kind. What IS illegal is the blackmail used to get the sex show and the sex show itself, which would be explicit. Taking one's top off isn't necessarily any more sexual than getting naked for the shower. On the other hand, a simulated sex act even with clothing on is. Know the law before you argue that something violates it. If what you were saying was true, then it would be illegal to own a copy of American beauty, a great film.

The bullies are indeed guilty of criminal acts like beating her up. Any threats would also be illegal.I haven't read the whole story yet.I only watched the video and saw it as truth.

What's sad too is that there's a RIP Facebook page for her and the same *******s are posting **** on it too.

just right now I am seeing people still making fun of her on facebook,
a lot of people saying the same thing Wofford was saying,
that if she could not handle the bullying and had to kill herself she was not strong enough, that they feel no sympathy for her
and maybe didn't deserve to live in the first place, some people are even saying that she should have died sooner,

like I don't understand, why are people so hateful about someone they don't even know, and it's not like this girl killed a bunch of puppies or anything, how is she the bad guy in this, I dont get it.

bullies bullying.

bullies getting bullied.

its a vicious cycle.

steve_buscemi_billy_madison.png

The movie American Beauty shows a big boobed 16 year old topless (Thora Birch), so topless photos alone are not criminal. Needless to say, it isn't sexually explicit, either. Sexually explicit means the showing of a sex act, like penetration of some kind. What IS illegal is the blackmail used to get the sex show and the sex show itself, which would be explicit. Taking one's top off isn't necessarily any more sexual than getting naked for the shower. On the other hand, a simulated sex act even with clothing on is. Know the law before you argue that something violates it. If what you were saying was true, then it would be illegal to own a copy of American beauty, a great film.

The bullies are indeed guilty of criminal acts like beating her up. Any threats would also be illegal.I haven't read the whole story yet.I only watched the video and saw it as truth.

American Beauty was filmed with explicit permission of Birch knowing it would be distributed. On top of that her parents had to approve and the State of California monitored the filming.

None of those apply in this case. To even compare them insults both Birch and Todd at once.

Also worth a read:
https://www.ageofconsent.com/canada.htm

What's sad too is that there's a RIP Facebook page for her and the same *******s are posting **** on it too.

that if she could not handle the bullying and had to kill herself she was not strong enough, that they feel no sympathy for her
and maybe didn't deserve to live in the first place, some people are even saying that she should have died sooner,
Well at least it looks like the parents of the kids who tormented her are finally stepping in. :monkey1

like I don't understand, why are people so hateful about someone they don't even know, and it's not like this girl killed a bunch of puppies or anything, how is she the bad guy in this, I dont get it.

I think ink should offer his obvious expertise. He has seen fit to use the current avatar tag of "God hates cowards".

Beyond his startling theological insight, ink has proudly informed us in the past that he keeps a weapon in every room of his home. Such a paragon of manly vigilance and strength should clearly lead us all.

Look, he is even ready to drape himself in the flag and claim Captain America as the rightwing, libertarian role model.

Of course ink probably walked out of the theatre in disgust when Dr. Erskine said:

"But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion."

Liberal *****.

I think ink should offer his obvious expertise. He has seen fit to use the current avatar tag of "God hates cowards".

Beyond his startling theological insight, ink has proudly informed us in the past that he keeps a weapon in every room of his home. Such a paragon of manly vigilance and strength should clearly lead us all.

Look, he is even ready to drape himself in the flag and claim Captain America as the rightwing, libertarian role model.

Of course ink probably walked out of the theatre in disgust when Dr. Erskine said:

"But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion."

Liberal *****.

What's your major malfunction? And why in the **** are you even speaking my name?

American Beauty was filmed with explicit permission of Birch knowing it would be distributed. On top of that her parents had to approve and the State of California monitored the filming.

None of those apply in this case. To even compare them insults both Birch and Todd at once.

Also worth a read:
https://www.ageofconsent.com/canada.htm

You have a point concerning distribution. You also have a point in that miss Birch and her parents had plenty of time to consider it beforehand. I was speaking about the images themselves. The motivations and the circumstances and under which the pictures were obtained and distributed are the real issue here. Using them to harass, again, was wrong. Since I was only comparing images, I don't think any insults were made. Naked baby pictures are taken spur of the moment, too, without the baby's consent, or the state of California.
They are still naked pictures.

At any rate, the spirit in which each was used was very different.

It seems to me that only very extroverted women who think it is fun to take topless pics while taking them can feel no remorse later.

What's your major malfunction? And why in the **** are you even speaking my name?

I'm sorry, which is a more accurate state of affairs:

1) I hacked into your SSF account and maliciously inserted the tag "God hates Cowards" just to make you look like a hateful right-wing goon, when in fact you are a compassionate, liberal soul.

2) You chose of your own volition to use an avatar tag that announces your hateful arrogance to others.

Please take your time and think about the right answer, but stop if it starts to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back