Amanda Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no we are not raising a generation of babies, it is the opposite, kids are becoming more ruthless,
I ask again, what is the meaning of bullying? seems like some of you guys think bullying is only name calling, but kids get beat up, harassed, they get death threats to their houses, plus you have to add the internet bullying to that,
name calling is pretty stupid, but bullying today is more than than, is physical harm, death threats, being humiliated every day,
Yeah I had guys try to pick on me, I stood up for myself, I didnt care how big you were. Did i get beat up sure but I always fought back. I remeber fighting a guy who was at least 1 1/2 feet taller then me in Jr High when was physically picking on me. I gained a lot of respect from that, I literally had to jump to hit him. What did I do came back from it stronger. I was the smallest kid (some times by quite a bit) in my class virtually every year until I was a Junior in HS.

Kids are being rasied as babies. Parents cant stop bullies. I can picture it now, Jimmy that was mean what you said to make that girl kill herself. Now go to your room for a time out. When the kid gets to his room he gets on his computer, plays his PS/xbox/etc...

I learned to be tough as a kid as some other said by playing outside. I had Atari but played maybe 2-3 hours a week. Many kids can do that in half a day. I didnt get sympathy from my parents when I did something stupid and got hurt. I remember riding back from the BMX type track with my dad with road rash on every inch of exposed skin after I didnt listen and started from the very top of the hill, couldnt make the turn and hit a 5' jump to the street landing half way across it and slid to the curb. Todays parents would have called 911. Got all kinds of pain killers for the kid.

I think its pretty niave to say things to the effect of "when I was a kid, no one killed themselves because they got bullied". Yes, they did. I remember 2 instances when i was in highschool (some 16 years ago now) of that exact thing happening. It just wasn't plastered over the news and the back story was not available to everyone, unlike today. They would just chalk it up to depression and that was that.

Suicides in general for this age group have remained flat for a decade (bullying or not) so I don't think anyone is saying that. The weakness of youth today doesn't have to be correlated with suicide rates.

Suicides in general for this age group have remained flat for a decade (bullying or not) so I don't think anyone is saying that. The weakness of youth today doesn't have to be correlated with suicide rates.

Meh, not really, it is still a very big issue even if cases haven't skyrocketed, they are still too high. Suicide amongst adolescents is the 3rd leading cause of death behind accidents and homicide. Those stats don't include deaths that are inconclusive.

Meh, not really, it is still a very big issue even if cases haven't skyrocketed, they are still too high. Suicide amongst adolescents is the 3rd leading cause of death behind accidents and homicide. Those stats don't include deaths that are inconclusive.
That % will go down after they all kill themselves crashing cars while txting.

There is nothing in my sentence to "not really" about so I'm not sure what you're addressing? I was responding to the comment above me that says its naive to say that kids never killed themselves back in the day, to which I made the point that no one was saying that. Are you saying not really that someone is saying that? Because that was the conversation.

That % will go down after they all kill themselves crashing cars while txting.

Sounds like your being sarcastic, but I think deaths like that are already included, and with laws against texting while driving, I don't see an increase in those cases.

There is nothing in my sentence to "not really" about so I'm not sure what you're addressing? I was responding to the comment above me that says its naive to say that kids never killed themselves back in the day, to which I made the point that no one was saying that. Are you saying not really that someone is saying that? Because that was the conversation.

You said that suicide cases have remained flat for a decade. I was saying that even though the stats haven't increased (so technically they are kind of flat) , that doesn't mean that they havent been too high for a long time.

553531_452007734851289_1623827367_n.jpg

Our society is broken. Humanity is gone. **** sapiens are devolving. Pull the plug.

Our society is broken. Humanity is gone. **** sapiens are devolving. Pull the plug.
Quoting one of those Emo bands eh?

Shameful, I though you'd quote something by Cannibal Corpse atleast, considering you are the lord of the land of lies and deceit...

Quoting one of those Emo bands eh?

Shameful, I though you'd quote something by Cannibal Corpse atleast, considering you are the lord of the land of lies and deceit..

:yess:

Cannibal Corpse sucks.

Or does it :panic:

No, it really does.

Or does it :panic:

Disagree with me or not but if she has her own problems why share it with the whole world via youtube? Its her fault she didn't fight and stand up against this depression, its her fault that she didnt know the basic rules about talking to a stranger on the internet via VIDEO chat let alone revealling her breats to him/her, she could have visited a school psychiatrist when she was depressed, apparently lost respect from ALL her friends. i would expect at least one to help her during her hard times. But no, NO ONE helped her APPARENTLy not even her own FAMILY. so its her fault she didnt seek out help and even if she did there was no need to take it to the point that she had to suicide and we have to feel sorry for her own problems she brought upon herself.

This topic makes me want to rant, many people suicide everyday because of much more harsher treatments they got compared to this.

this is all imo.

Man some people in here. One can only hope that some of you are half as awesome and strong as you proclaim to be. The girl was 15 years old. Last time I checked modern science has come to the conclusion that the brain doesn't even mature until the age of 25. At 15 this girl was not able to handle everything she endured. I even wonder if people read the whold story?

Okay she showed her boobs and was embarrassed. It got worse and she tried to kill herself. The torture she went through after that was ****ing insane. Grown adults telling her they wished she died and other nonesense. Adults and people around her failed her. Parents, teachers, fellow students, family, you name it. Yes it is her fault for ending her life. No doubt. I don't agree it with it. But after reading the story I can't in good faith make fun of her and question what she did. A young girl is dead. Period.

Last edited:
Man some people in here. One can only hope that some of you are half as awesome and strong as you proclaim to be.
... But after reading the story I can't in good fait make fun of her and question what she did. A young girl is dead. Period.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

how people respond to this incident pretty much reveals their worldview. i for one, am quite saddened that a young girl's life has ended as a result of bullying. my heart goes out to her loved ones. no one should have to outlive their own children. may she rest in peace. :monkey2

Man some people in here. One can only hope that some of you are half as awesome and strong as you proclaim to be. The girl was 15 years old. Last time I checked modern science has come to the conclusion that the brain doesn't even mature until the age of 25. At 15 this girl was not able to handle everything she endured. I even wonder if people read the whold story?

Okay she showed her boobs and was embarrassed. It got worse and she tried to kill herself. The torture she went through after that was ****ing insane. Grown adults telling her they wished she died and other nonesense. Adults and people around her failed her. Parents, teachers, fellow students, family, you name it. Yes it is her fault for ending her life. No doubt. I don't agree it with it. But after reading the story I can't in good faith make fun of her and question what she did. A young girl is dead. Period.

Well said Keith. This place can be down right disappointing. Now, this doesn't go for the entire forum, but this goes out to many. I will admit there are some really cool people who came out and supported me here with the news of my father's terminal Cancer. It is greatly appreciated. However, there are a lot of men children on here that feel the need to put down a person who had troubles. A child no less! Also, there is a thing called chemical imbalance. Look it up. People go into depression. Are mentally sick. I swear, empathy is lost on a lot of people on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back