Am I the only one who thought ALIENS kinda sucked?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like this has turned into an "Alien vs Aliens" thread...

Aliens is a science fiction classic in its own right, and I refuse to compare it with Alien for the sake of argument. Just my two cents. 'Nuff said. :D

Yeah, now that you mention it, there is no reason we should be comparing the two.

The poster's question was lost...

It's funny that this very same discussion is taking place on another board.

The main reason I think Alien is better than Aliens (and I don't think Aliens sucks, not by a long shot), is simply because the alien is much more frightening.
In Aliens, they just became space monsters, they became social animals, whereas in Alien, it truly was an abomination.
That's how I feel aswell. Same with the Assembly Cut of ALIEN3.

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien Resurrection > the AVp movies.

Is it bad that I never liked the Queen? Never really liked the design...

it is of course not bad that you do not like the design of something, that is pure personal!

but I would find it hard to believe that you disliked the scenes in the movie where the queen was involved......:rolleyes:
that was pure climactic class :cool:

another example: the Tumbler batmobile, I can believe the batman-fans do not like the design, but those same batman-fans love the scenes in the movie...

we were talking about the movie in general, not the specific design of one creature.

Edit: For the record, these are just my initial impressions about these movies when I saw them for the first time in theaters years ago. My feelings have certainly changed over the years, and I came to love much more about Aliens with repeated viewings. I got to watch the special edition when it was released in Japan a few years before it was even available in the states (I searched everywhere for a copy, but nobody had ever heard of it!), and those added 17 minutes just made it so much better. Hudson's drop ship speech and the robot sentry gun sequences were priceless discoveries. I never tire of watching it, not ever. I certainly don't expect other people to feel the same way as I do, especially if they didn't experience it at the same time I did. That made a huge difference, 'cause there was really nothing like it to compare with it back then.

Mudshark, I could not agree with you more. We try to make what to us is an obvious point, yet it appears to continually be overlooked or disregarded.

Try telling the Colonial Marines at DragonCon that Aliens sucked...that would be quite fun! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yes, Alien could be the best movie of all time, but that still doesn't mean that Aliens sucks. I think Alien may be the better movie by a bit, if only because of its atmosphere and the fact that it started the whole Alien universe. But it's very hard to compare the two directly, and I actually find myself watching Aliens more.

Mudshark, I could not agree with you more. We try to make what to us is an obvious point, yet it appears to continually be overlooked or disregarded.

Try telling the Colonial Marines at DragonCon that Aliens sucked...that would be quite fun! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I hear ya, bro. It's obvious from reading through all the posts that there's a lot of diversity in how we've all experienced the movies, and to no small degree, when we experienced them. It may not seem like much, but it makes a real difference in one's point of view. That's basically why I don't go in for trying to decide which Alien movie was "best".

I still remember when I first went to see Aliens when it hit theaters here in Japan. When I left the theater a couple of hours later I was totally pumped with adrenaline, I mean jacked, just like I'd just been in a firefight or something... from watching a movie! And the girl I took with me on a first date left finger nail impressions in my arm that I didn't even notice until a few days later! (I think it was Queenie that really scared the crap out of her, especially when she ripped poor Bishop in half...) And not surprisingly, that turned out to be our first, and last date! :lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol

The girl is now long forgotten (except for that), but Aliens is still, and will always be, one of my all time favorites! :D

I know how to solve this...for me anyway...

Alien is the best...

But my favourite is Aliens...

There...now I'm happy...

Aliens was a movie very different from the first in ways that made some viewers a little scared to step into the genre deeper. It changed from a dark and very moody horror to more of a space marine ( yet brilliant ) action flick.
To take such a huge step between the two places was indeed risky for the alien genre itself but if it wasn't for the second movie nowadays alien (meaning the whole series ) wouldn't be the classic it is. Even if you don't like the movies you have to like the design and concept of the creature , its undeniably an amazing movie concept. Its just about being able to get into it and if you can you never leave again.
" Once you put it in the dvd player no one can hear you scream "

You know what? I really wanted to like this movie, and I still do, just for whatever reason, I can't get into it. I've seen the movie a couple of times, always hoping to love it, yet for some reason I'm always dissapointed until the very end, which makes the first 2/3rds seem like tedious crap (which to me, wasn't as suspensful, or had as much character development as ALIEN's first hour.)

I'm sorry I can't enjoy the ENTIRE film as much as other people can.

Last edited:
maybe because your watching it in the mood of knowing you don't like it much and you can only wait until the end really your not enjoying it much.
You should watch the first then the second over either a day or whenever you get the spare time. Really just shut the curtains or if you have a cinema which I know some of you do ( not me :monkey2 ) sit in there and really concentrate.
You may appreciate it more , just a thought is all. I really want you to like it now ...:monkey2:monkey2 :lol

This thread belongs in Other discussion...

Can someone PLEASE move it? Like Now... LOL.

Other Discussion
Movies, television shows, interesting sites and other general discussion.

Last edited:
Back