"Almost... There..." Luke is Processing!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
Sabertrooper!!!! Where did you get the image for your avatar. I used to own that poster many many years ago of the Stormtrooper holding the light saber. I can't remeber what it was called or where it was from. I vaguely remember something about a Starlog magazine. It wasn't a pull out was it? You don't have a hi-res picture or a link you could share do you?
I hope Sabertrooper doesn't mind me answering this.

That's a concept painting by the great Ralph McQuarrie. He worked very closely with Lucas to come up with a lot of the character designs for the OT. He was a big influence on me as an artist and designer. Sorry to go off topic.

Here's a good site to see more of his work:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/sets/152728/

I just knew that they could get him to me in March!! They tried to tell me it would be April, but I couldn't accept it... I wanted Luke in Quarter One, and here he is, just days away!

I am going to guess that he will not get there in time to ship this weekend, but will go out early next week and be delivered to me on Wednesday the 22nd.

(And just think--PF Obi-Wan will arrive the week after that!!)

I wonder how long it'll be before EU customers get some kind of e-mail regarding arrival of the figure at the EU warehouse. I guess it can't be too long if the US orders are processing.

Darth Loki said:
Quick question, are these only for the exclusives or has anyone gotten a notice for the regular version?

I also received the same e-mail as you all did and mine is the "Regular Version", "Luke" is the only exclusive that I missed.

Can't wait to see/have him in person!!!

tomandshell said:
I just knew that they could get him to me in March!! They tried to tell me it would be April, but I couldn't accept it... I wanted Luke in Quarter One, and here he is, just days away!

I am going to guess that he will not get there in time to ship this weekend, but will go out early next week and be delivered to me on Wednesday the 22nd.

(And just think--PF Obi-Wan will arrive the week after that!!)

Yup, good things all around for sure. Bob should also be getting his Maul Statues this week so sometime in the next 2-3 weeks at least I could be getting Luke 12", Obi-Wan PF, and Maul Statue. :) :) :):D

I think I'm going to have a big SSC week at the end of the month. I've recieved notices for Darla (2, Excl. and regular), Excl. Luke and "The Kurgan" which all might be shipped in the same box. Probably shipped the same week anyway. Luke's the one I'm most excited about. Can't wait to see him.

Batty said:
...That's a concept painting by the great Ralph McQuarrie. He worked very closely with Lucas to come up with a lot of the character designs for the OT. He was a big influence on me as an artist and designer. Sorry to go off topic...

Thanks so much for the info Batty! :bow

chamildav said:
I think I'm going to have a big SSC week at the end of the month. I've recieved notices for Darla (2, Excl. and regular), Excl. Luke and "The Kurgan" which all might be shipped in the same box. Probably shipped the same week anyway. Luke's the one I'm most excited about. Can't wait to see him.
I think the Kurgan will be a few weeks after Luke. And unless you've asked Sideshow to hold them to ship altogether I think only the two Darlas will likely ship together.
I got the notice too and had to call and ask if they can charge me on Monday after my account registers this weekend, which they said they would. So it looks like I'll be ready when they charge. :banana
it'll make a nice slightly late birthday present.

bcm77 said:
I wonder how long it'll be before EU customers get some kind of e-mail regarding arrival of the figure at the EU warehouse. I guess it can't be too long if the US orders are processing.

Yep, I'm waiting too for Luke to arrive in good old Europe. Let's start a thread, who ever receives the mail first!

Luke will probably head out early next week, figure Tues night to begin, just hope he doesn't plan on going to the Dagoba system first, wait he is already a Jedi Knight so yes, he will be cruising straight to our door!

I live in L.A. so I'm lucky I always get my stuff next day.
Peace

I live in Utah and usually get mine the second day of shipment too. I think Dave is the only one I know that gets his in a day or so. Of course it might just be faster if he could pick it up in person :rolleyes:

I usually get an e-mail telling me that it has shipped around 9 PM, and the package arrives the next day between 10 and 11 AM. Hooray for California!! Overnight shipping almost makes up for having to pay tax...

Shouldn't take too long to get up here to Seattle either... I love having companies on the West coast.

I'm hoping to get Luke before my B-Day on April 3rd. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

It's funny, last year I got the Medicom Luke for my birthday and now here it is only a year later. My, a lot has changed in only a year. :google

And madden821, Luke's gonna have to stop here in Portland, Oregon FIRST before he makes that trek up to Seattle! :D

Man, people breaking their necks checking on billing??? I just look on my porch and see if he's there.

Back