AllisonAmy's Barbie room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kate, Jin, and Sayid aren't done, but I do have some other updates to share.

I have had these for a while, but don't think I posted pics earlier in this thread. I found them in a corner earlier this year when I moved my collection to a smaller bedroom.

dec20111177.jpg

A couple of NiniMomo's (www.ninimomo.com):

12-14-11003.jpg

I wanted this one when it first came out in 1998. (These are one-of-a-kind). Earlier this year, I started thinking about how I would really like to have it. The next day I saw it for sale on eBay.

12-14-11006.jpg

A co-worker gave these to me:

dec20111180.jpg

and these:

dec20111182.jpg

and these:

dec20111183.jpg

The co-worker's girlfriend gave these to me:

dec20111184.jpg

and these:

dec20111185.jpg

and these:

dec20111186.jpg

and these:

dec20111187.jpg

I really wanted these and got them from the Mattel Barbie Collector website.

dec20111190.jpg

dec20111195.jpg

While I was browsing the website, I found out that these were on sale for $7.50 each. I know you are thinking "Dang, if I knew they were on sale for that cheap, I would have gotten them, too."

dec20111193.jpg

I went to Target some time later and picked this up:

dec20111196.jpg

Well, I started thinking that since I had so many in that Basics collection that I wanted the rest of them. So, I went to Target again, and got these:

dec20111197.jpg

Then found these at Kmart:

dec20111198.jpg

So now I have 9 out of 12 in that collection and will probably have to get the rest from eBay or Amazon or someplace.

Wow you have so many Barbie dolls & 12" figures. :eek:. I shouldnt be posting this out loud, but i actually collect too. Got the DC girls, X-files and some Marilyn Monroe ones.....

Congrats on Superman. :rock

I'm surprised the Hungarian is blonde. There are no blondes in my family and I don't know any blonde Hungarians.

Crazy nice collection!

WOW!! This must be the largest barbie collection I must have come across till now. My cousin sisters used to buy barbies but never did I see them make a collection. It was for playing only (and painting there faces with make-up :slap:slap) and because of that I thought it was only for playing and not for collecting. Though I always wondered how do you play with barbie dolls :monkey1:monkey1 :monkey3:monkey3

But this thread has given a total different perspective to my viewpoint with respect to barbie. Great collection Allison. And even though I can't see myself buying any barbies but I have to say that it looks fantastic. :duff

Sweet looking custom Catwoman!

Wow you have so many Barbie dolls & 12" figures. :eek:. I shouldnt be posting this out loud, but i actually collect too. Got the DC girls, X-files and some Marilyn Monroe ones.....

Congrats on Superman. :rock

Congrats Amy, great acquisitions!!

Nice pick ups doubleA!

Congrats for the great acquisitions Allison

Allison you have been a Very Busy Girl, Great Scores

WOW!! This must be the largest barbie collection I must have come across till now. My cousin sisters used to buy barbies but never did I see them make a collection. It was for playing only (and painting there faces with make-up :slap) and because of that I thought it was only for playing and not for collecting. Though I always wondered how do you play with barbie dolls :monkey1 :monkey3
But this thread has given a total different perspective to my viewpoint with respect to barbie. Great collection Allison. And even though I can't see myself buying any barbies but I have to say that it looks fantastic. :duff

great updates

nothing but win here

Thank you for all the great comments, guys! :D

I'm surprised the Hungarian is blonde. There are no blondes in my family and I don't know any blonde Hungarians.

Crazy nice collection!

I think Eva & Zsa Zsa Gabor were natural blondes (who knows?), but they were Hungarian. My mom is blonde and she is half Hungarian. One of my great aunts did have jet-black hair, though.

Anyway thanks so much for checking out my thread!:hi5:

Happy Holidays to all of you!! :grouphug :peace

Last edited:
AllisonAmy, I love the commentary how you had to get the rest since they were just $7.50, Great Great collection and your co-worker must love you!

Back