All things World War Hulk! Spoilers included.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sentry was actually created in 2000...I really doubt the World War Hulk storyline was anything they had in mind at that time, as I do doubt that their purpose for the Sentry was just to be taken out by someone like the Hulk. But you are entitled to your opinion! :) :D

It is true that Sentry is a Superman,Captain Marvel,Miracleman,etc. rip-off... I mean most superheroes are ripping off any previous characters (and/or powers) that were created before them anyways. But you also have to think of it in terms of the Marvel Universe...in which most superheroes (like Spidey, the Hulk, the X-Men and Mutants in general) have a bad image in the public and media eye and that is in contrast to the DC Universe where most of their superheroes are worshipped and loved. Marvel Universe is grittier and between them and DC's universe, Marvel's is more grounded in reality.

So with that sense, Sentry was tossed in as a rarity in the Marvel Universe...a superhero who was loved by the public, the media and the superhero community. Of course, Marvel built a whole story about him being an undiscovered creation of Stan Lee's (which was just marketing hype and they revealed was bogus) and introduced him into the Marvel Universe as a superhero that was universally "forgotten" by the whole world because of his fear of his enemy: "The Void"...which turned out to be the Sentry himself.

Anyways, I for one like the Sentry and I find him interesting...and perhaps you're right DarthNeil about fans not liking him, because Marvel hasn't really thrown him around the place like they do with Wolverine and DC does with Superman. Nevertheless, he has brought on a lot of attention from fans who want to see him go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Hulk, Thor, Galactus, etc.

And I also think his "re-introduction" in New Avengers where he tears Carnage in half in space is one bad-@$$ intro.

2000?... Wow--- I thought it was only two years ago, max... But then that shows you that I've only just recently got back to serious collecting.

I do agree with you that his ripping of Carnage was way off the cool stage--

Oh well, we'll see where this goes.

Not even one post about the latest issue ... :dunno

Not even a p!tu :rock :emperor:emperor

Hmmm, Sentry getting his game on now. :google

Not even one post about the latest issue ... :dunno

Not even a p!tu :rock :emperor:emperor

Hmmm, Sentry getting his game on now. :google

I post the majority of my comments on WWH on comic forums but I can tell you one thing, They better not job the Hulk to the Sentry in WWH 5 ...:monkey4

I'm going to have to start avoiding this thread I fear--- My comic store (where I have an account and WWH comics sit patiently waiting for me) is over an hour away and I only get there once every couple of weeks--- I'm going to have to avoid the spoilers so that I can be supremely satisfied (and surprised) with every crisp turning of the pages...

Ciao (for here) from now!

My new Hulk display!
P9260183.jpg

and no Shai he isnt for sale.

Back