ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would bet your entire toy collection that licensing had nothing to do with Sunstreakers delay, just like "VW doesn't like war toys" was total bunk.

If there was any truth to the rumors that Sunstreaker was being held up due to his car mode being custom/modified instead of a true Lamborghini, it appears Takara-Tomy resolved that issue by making the cartoon-accurate extra gear on the back stow away to meet those licensing requirements. Very, very clever!

View attachment 343234

There's not one part of this that's shared with the Sideswipe mold; although they technically turn into the same vehicle, like Masterpiece Optimus Prime & Ultra Magnus they are entirely different beasts.

For MP Sunstreaker, there is no "fake" windshield!! This is the explanation of the car roof transformation direct form the design team in the Figure King magazine:

"There are many people who hate the use of dummy parts so I thought about what would be the best way to convince them otherwise. What we chose to do was to turn the alt mode roof inside out and have the small windows fold out from underneath to form the smaller chest piece. Because the alt mode windscreen is so large it is hard to create otherwise."

That to me is ****ing amazing engineering design!

I would bet your entire toy collection that licensing had nothing to do with Sunstreakers delay, just like "VW doesn't like war toys" was total bunk.
You may be correct; per the translated interview, the Takara Tomy designers frame it more as a deliberate decision to offer both a real-world and cartoon alt mode all-in-one because Sideswipe was popular not just with Transformers fans but car enthusiasts as well:
The popularity of MP 12 Lambor was a success amongst not only Transformers fans but also car enthusiasts. We decided we could not completely ignore the desires and wishes of the car enthusiasts.
I wanted to present Sunstreaker as a product that Countach fans would recognize while taking advantage of his animation styling.
I tried to reproduce both the animation & real car alt mode design in a way were the transformation is incorporated instead of making him partsform. Its a situation providing the best of both worlds, we even made the doors open.

High resolution scans from TFW2005:

18595404_1470610336333810_240565081468218679_o-jpg.27730467

18672968_1470611079667069_1840170270043953927_o-jpg.27730469

18588829_1470611073000403_3029088240017256413_o-jpg.27730472

Bravo to Takara for their brilliant execution. They are well aware of their competition and they are crushing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TT IS KING!

Anyway, FT Skyfire is HERE! Will take some pics later on!

Damn it, he's one big fella! Really striking presence and well built!

For MP Sunstreaker, there is no "fake" windshield!! This is the explanation of the car roof transformation direct form the design team in the Figure King magazine:

"There are many people who hate the use of dummy parts so I thought about what would be the best way to convince them otherwise. What we chose to do was to turn the alt mode roof inside out and have the small windows fold out from underneath to form the smaller chest piece. Because the alt mode windscreen is so large it is hard to create otherwise."

That to me is ****ing amazing engineering design!
The windows on the chest in robot mode are actually "dummy parts", but to make that bitter pill easier to swallow, the chest is actually the backside of the car's roof. So at least the 'fake chest' isn't coming from the underside of the car somewhere like Badcube's Sunsurge.

You can see the actual door windows tucked inside the legs (the outter legs are the doors themselves), and the car's windshield buried in the backpack.

And according to the translation (TFW2005), Hoist and Trailbreaker are nothing but confirmed to be in the works.

Exactly when I decided to go back to 3P and get XTB's Paean (Hoist). Oh well. It will likely be a while before TT releases them I think.

**** me.

Really? I know it's been awhile since they were released and BBTS prices aren't be trusted but weren't the previous car bots $60-70?

Yeah, they were, about three years ago. Van boys were cheaper than this though.

Still, I always preorder from JP sites, as they are cheaper.

Yeah, they were, about three years ago. Van boys were cheaper than this though.

Still, I always preorder from JP sites, as they are cheaper.
The Chosen Prime now also has him up for $120. That's a $30 price-hike over Ironhide and Ratchet. I'm hoping Amazon Japan carries this guy with global shipping.

I just got into these MP Transformers. Got Prowl and Bluestreak and love them. I sense many more coming lol.

You may be correct; per the translated interview, the Takara Tomy designers frame it more as a deliberate decision to offer both a real-world and cartoon alt mode all-in-one because Sideswipe was popular not just with Transformers fans but car enthusiasts as well:

High resolution scans from TFW2005:

18595404_1470610336333810_240565081468218679_o-jpg.27730467

18672968_1470611079667069_1840170270043953927_o-jpg.27730469

18588829_1470611073000403_3029088240017256413_o-jpg.27730472

Damn, a great looking figure ruined by an ugly head sculpt. The 3RD party figures look better to me. To bad because from the head down it's pretty top notch, but I just can't stand the soft face and soft details in the head, looks so cheap.

Back