ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, a great looking figure ruined by an ugly head sculpt. The 3RD party figures look better to me. To bad because from the head down it's pretty top notch, but I just can't stand the soft face and soft details in the head, looks so cheap.
I wonder if they don't include a more chiseled alternate helmet as they did with Inferno and Grapple.

mp+inferno+51.JPG

Can someone help me out on a checklist? eBay is a bit confusing and I need to know which of the following MP has officially made and which aren't out yet. Seems like there are a lot of knockoffs out there

All G1....

1. Prime
2. Hound
3. Mirage
4. Cliffjumper
5. Bumblebee
6.Sideswipe
7. Ironhide
8. Jazz
9. Ratchet
10. Wheeljack
11. Trailbreaker
12. Skyfire/Jetfire
13. Brawn

And all 5 Dinobots....

Can someone help me out on a checklist? eBay is a bit confusing and I need to know which of the following MP has officially made and which aren't out yet. Seems like there are a lot of knockoffs out there

All G1....

1. Prime
2. Hound
3. Mirage
4. Cliffjumper
5. Bumblebee
6.Sideswipe
7. Ironhide
8. Jazz
9. Ratchet
10. Wheeljack
11. Trailbreaker
12. Skyfire/Jetfire
13. Brawn

And all 5 Dinobots....

1.Prime official, MP 10
2. Hound no
3. Mirage no
4. Cliffjumper no
5. Bumblebee official
6.Sideswipe official
7. Ironhide official
8. Jazz no
9. Ratchet official
10. Wheeljack official
11. Trailbreaker no
12. Skyfire/Jetfire no
13. Brawn no

No Dinos, only Grimlock was made officially.

There's good unofficial 3p options, but it seems that you only want to collect official ones ( I don't blame you).

Beware of the KO's though, read descriptions carefully and make sure you are getting official stuff.

I'd try trusted sellers (eBay) or US stores (they don't carry KO's)

Lmk if you need help, and I can PM you legit eBay sellers of how to spot KO's.

Hope that helps.

@kitfisto

I've bought a couple of KO figures in the past and in both cases they were better than the official version of the mold I already owned. If you want to avoid KO products that's understandable, but just be aware they are not necessarily inferior quality.

I'm not totally against KO's especially when there is no official one of a character.

Damn, a great looking figure ruined by an ugly head sculpt. The 3RD party figures look better to me. To bad because from the head down it's pretty top notch, but I just can't stand the soft face and soft details in the head, looks so cheap.

I have Badcube's Sunstreaker - I prefer it over Takara. I don't mind buying 2 versions but the head sculpt and $120 price tag (second in reasoning) makes this a pass.

I wonder if they don't include a more chiseled alternate helmet as they did with Inferno and Grapple.

mp+inferno+51.JPG

whoa that's awesome, I didn't know they did that stuff, it would totally change my view on sunstreaker if they did that.

Finally succumbed and PO'd Takara Megatron when the next batch comes around later this year. That'll complete my little Cons display of Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream :)

@kitfisto

I've bought a couple of KO figures in the past and in both cases they were better than the official version of the mold I already owned. If you want to avoid KO products that's understandable, but just be aware they are not necessarily inferior quality.

I'm not totally against KO's especially when there is no official one of a character.

Knockoff suggests it is a copy of something official. Maybe this is semantics, but I just call those Jazz and Trailbreaker figures, etc. unofficial releases. Or even bootlegs if you want something more pejorative.

So, Badcube, FansToys, etc. aren't knockoffs. There are knockoff MP TFs by my definition, though. And I think this is what Magpie is referring to.

Knockoff suggests it is a copy of something official. Maybe this is semantics, but I just call those Jazz and Trailbreaker figures, etc. unofficial releases. Or even bootlegs if you want something more pejorative.

So, Badcube, FansToys, etc. aren't knockoffs. There are knockoff MP TFs by my definition, though. And I think this is what Magpie is referring to.

yup...
even bootleg isn't really right from what i've always heard... as i've always heard that referred to as a copy etc. unofficial, knock off or 3rd party is what i've heard the majority reference new versions of TFs.

Finally succumbed and PO'd Takara Megatron when the next batch comes around later this year. That'll complete my little Cons display of Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream :)

Nice! You won't regret it. I still marvel at its engineering everytime I pass by my detolf display. Apollyon is relegated to the bottom shelf as I can't even look at it anymore. :lol

As for the MP-11 seekers, I'm beginning to get that itch to pick up Skywarp and Thundercracker. Not sure I want to go down that path since it'll probably lead to picking up the cone heads as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we might have got our wires crossed during that conversation but wasn't sure. My friends often take the mick out of me for explaining things to them as if they're pupils (I'm a teacher) so I thought it was better to leave it than risk coming off patronising!

On another note finally had the chance to open FT Skyfire today and it's amazing, so much presence on the shelf :)

Back