ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you Franpincho!! I'm blaming you for this. I initially had him on order but I canceled due to statue reasons. I managed to find him before he sold out/price increase. I thought I could be happy with Apollyon. I was wrong.

I haven't be so giddy unboxing a Transformer since MP-10.

9B00868E-3D0B-4876-8F30-8E4A158208C6_zpsjwvfdxsr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn you Franpincho!! I'm blaming you for this. I initially had him on order but I canceled due to statue reasons. I managed to find him before he sold out/price increase. I thought I could be happy with Apollyon. I was wrong.

Yeah, Fran knows what´s up. Megatron´s the ****. You´ll enjoy the hell outta him...

You're welcome?

Lol! Kidding aside, congrats on owning the best MP ever! Apollyon was great (I guess??) when there was nothing else in the market, and it was seriously a great looking stand in (as long as you didn't touch it) but the king has arrived and that's that!

Yeah, Fran knows what´s up. Megatron´s the ****. You´ll enjoy the hell outta him...

Cheers man! How are you liking it?

Wait, how are you ****ing loving it?

No another note, MT's Starscream has a butt flap!

80eeac20ca1a93a77ff3077d3fd4b372.jpg

It's funny how some TFW members (and dudes on FB) slammed Magnus for that same reason, and here it seems to be ok. Lol lol lol.

Never bothered me and I still think this 'cream looks great! But I'll stick with my TT seakers, unless they get redone with MP-36 love.

I was going to get the latest MP-11 reissue, but now I'm on the fence after seeing this prototype. I only have one 3P figure (Ocular Max Jaguar) because Takara will never make an oversize Ravage and the OM Ravage just looks too cool next to the autobot cars. MP-11 is infamous for being an outdated floppy mess and with the reissue and recent seekers releases, I think Takara has doubled-down on the MP-11 mold and we won't be seeing a Starscream 3.0 anytime soon. How good is Maketoys quality?

e8fbd599gy1ff4lt7uv70j20zk1hcb29.jpg

It's funny how some TFW members (and dudes on FB) slammed Magnus for that same reason, and here it seems to be ok. Lol lol lol.

Never bothered me and I still think this 'cream looks great! But I'll stick with my TT seakers, unless they get redone with MP-36 love.

I was going to get the latest MP-11 reissue, but now I'm on the fence after seeing this prototype. I only have one 3P figure (Ocular Max Jaguar) because Takara will never make an oversize Ravage and the OM Ravage just looks too cool next to the autobot cars. MP-11 is infamous for being an outdated floppy mess and with the reissue and recent seekers releases, I think Takara has doubled-down on the MP-11 mold and we won't be seeing a Starscream 3.0 anytime soon. How good is Maketoys quality?

I only owned one, Wrestle (Grapple) and the quality was not bad at all, TBH. It was just the overall "fat" look that their figures have that turned me away from them (and the fact that TT released a 1,000,000,000 times better Grapple). Their HS are also extremely stylized and they all suffer from some sort of "puffy" and "extremely heroic" kind of look to their figs.

This Starscream looks more like something TT would do in terms of aesthethic though. But seeing how average their Jazz was, I'm just not sold.

TT will redo the seekers, no doubt. Or probably just Starscream in order to avoid fan outrage. When? who knows, but I'd rather wait instead of juts getting average stuff.

I had always thought the Walmart MP Starscream was the best of them all quite honestly, but I actually really like this proto. I have both Skywarp and TCracker and TCracker's design is far superior. If I'm going to get only one starscream, I'd rather it be the best mold possible.

I had Maketoys Gundog, and it was also high quality, though fat. I would buy another Maketoys figure without hesitation if the design wowed me.

agreed

maketoys puts out great quality items

their MP jazz is an amazing figure in both looks and quality... and is held in very high regards with the majority in a fickle crowd of collectors if that tells you anything.

Bummer about the back. After seeing they found a way to stash away the tail fins/rudders on the legs, I was hopeful they'd also find a way to stow away the nosecone in the body & have the back close up. Real missed opportunity there that could have made this figure superior in every way to the official release (assuming they fix the abysmal head).

Bummer about the back. After seeing they found a way to stash away the tail fins/rudders on the legs, I was hopeful they'd also find a way to stow away the nosecone in the body & have the back close up. Real missed opportunity there that could have made this figure superior in every way to the official release (assuming they fix the abysmal head).

i'm thinking that panel is just mistransformed. doesn't look like it's down in the front facing pics... and the new one i just posted below, you don't see it down, so i'm assuming its just now transformed correctly.

but if it is there, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to design a fold in that panel... so just have to wait till the 3d printed concept gets scrutinized and then see if they make changes. they did it w/ jazz so they listen to the feedback, which is great on their part.

articulation looks pretty dam sweet too... gotta feeling my mp11 boys are going bye bye if this keeps on track!

0068oi3dgy1ff2ukarnh9j30xc0qajv8-jpg.27716579

Head does seem small to me, but I know there was no consistency in this in the cartoon. In his death scene, he had a pretty small head. But not a human scale proportion there.

yeah it might be a tad small... but like you said, it changed size depending on what day of the week they were sketching it out! lol

someone did a photoshop of the proto in thundercracker deco... looks so good to me!

mtthunder-jpg.27718276

ffs thought this would be a place away from transformers :lol have seen flesh creature is on here , anyone else from tfw2005?

All things transformers!!!!

I'm just a lurker at TFW. I really enjoy the place, mostly because if you want to talk about an specific toy, there's a thread for just that. Of course you'll see the usual conflict about which version is better or what not, but it evaporates quickly, I think.

I'm going to start posting soon, I also love the fact that is a little less "snowflake friendly" than most forums these days.

I wish we could talk about specific figures here in SSF instead of an all inclusive thread, but it's still fun and my favorite place here by far.

i'm bit more than a lurker :lol joined this forum as got myself hooked to 1/6 scale starwars figures and wanted a place that would be good for news and to talk about them .... I just need to try not to wander into other parts of this forum could be dangerous to my wallet

That Thundercracker digibash looks really nice. He's my favourite of the seekers so I may get one of him anyway. The lines are so clean that it reminds me of the old little PVC figure.

Back