ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was looking to get it there. I missed the PO price. I order there alot. With shipping it's gonna set me back around $250-$260

I think your best bet at the moment is to keep an eye on the various FB TF groups and see if you can get a decent deal on one without the plug. I've read that the BBTS have it, and depending on your luck, the one installed on the silencer is kind of a ***** to get out.

Or you can just wait for the inevitable re-release. TT is killing it with MP-36, they'll make more as the demand is insane.

Yeah, I was looking to get it there. I missed the PO price. I order there alot. With shipping it's gonna set me back around $250-$260

gotcha.

i'm waiting to see what they do w/ the ko's. hoping for a silver scheme and something less prone to scratching. be nice too if they do something to cover up how bad the shoulders and back look as well. i know there are a couple ko's in the works and i think the KBB oversize too... so we'll see what comes out.

Interesting. Starscream is my favorite Transformer and I've always loved the Seekers (big F-15 fan) So I look forward to seeing this a little farther down the design process. I've owned every Starscream MP from the original MP-3 until now. I love my MP-11 and while I would consider adding this to my collection - I would only replace MP-11 if T/T did an updated one.
I don't even buy 3rd party figures, I'm just thrilled someone has finally done something with the seekers besides retooling or cloning the godawful (by today's standards) MP-03 mold.

That small head. Looks ok, but not enough to replace the offical MP.
Oh yeah the head is terrible, no question there. The figure's strengths definitely lie elsewhere.

Imagine an updated Starscream with the same MP 36 love they put into it. Wow.

MP 36 has got to be the hardest figure TT has done, and they nailed it perfectly. I can think of others in which the laws of physics are a challenge (Motormaster and his trailer being a PART of him, et cetera)

But they would do an AMAZING Starscream if they wanted to.
Agreed! If they gave Starscream the MP-36 treatment - full-on action figure-level articulation, parts that all lock securely in place, next to no kibble and a bevy of interchangeable head sculpts and accessories - I might actually buy such a mold in all 3 paint schemes (Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp).

Low-resolution photos, but this is our first confirmation of the actual scale of the new Movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime, pictured here alongside the old Leader-Class Optimus. I think this means he should scale wilth the new movie masterpiece Bumblebee. What a relief!

529b106b0574cf9eda2958bb8dbf1466-jpg.27716546

a0dace2a5d40fab70778a067fbd2ecae-jpg.27716547

And if anybody's wondering why there was doubt Movie Masterpiece Prime wouldn't end up being the same size as Bumblebee, it's because of the last time Takara tried to do a movie masterpiece line and used repaints of these two molds :horror

IMG_1920.JPG

Thanks, I set tfsource to notify me if they get more. Besides BBTS seems like the other reputable sites are sold out. Hope they make another run. I really don't want one with the orange plug.
It is easy to remove. But true that if you can get it without it, the better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

seeing those pics of that MP movie prime makes me love my ROTF leader prime, who is in my top 5 of ALL TIME best Prime figures ever.

That masterpiece movie Prime would be perfect if his legs were bigger. As it is, his torso just looks too big.
Yeah I was surprised to see the two side-by-side and realize MPM's legs weren't in fact any longer/bigger. I thought for sure that'd be an area of focus for the designers in taking another crack at this character, but perhaps it's just not physically possible to achieve the legs to torso ratio depicted in the films.

One thing to keep in mind with the torso though - the parts on his back are giving MPM's body a broader, larger sillouette than it actually is; the body itself would be more pronounced if not for these potato-quality photos. Also, the Leader-Class figure here has his back cannisters removed, giving him an unfair advantage in that regard.

One of many big changes I do appreciate is the positioning of the arms; by comparison, the leader-class figure's shoulders are WAY out from the body and too low.

Can't wait to see what poses MPM can achieve that the leader-class figure cannot; I don't suppose there's a chance in hell he has any waiste swivel or ab crunch?

From a guy over on TFW of the new toy world constructor/devastator set. Mine should be here on Wednesday and I cannot wait!

Such an amazing picture!

chance_meeting_on_a_sunny_day.jpg

That Destructor looks amazing, can't wait for mine either! He truly looks MP as compared to every single Devy before him.

Yeah I was surprised to see the two side-by-side and realize MPM's legs weren't in fact any longer/bigger. I thought for sure that'd be an area of focus for the designers in taking another crack at this character, but perhaps it's just not physically possible to achieve the legs to torso ratio depicted in the films.

One thing to keep in mind with the torso though - the parts on his back are giving MPM's body a broader, larger sillouette than it actually is; the body itself would be more pronounced if not for these potato-quality photos. Also, the Leader-Class figure here has his back cannisters removed, giving him an unfair advantage in that regard.

One of many big changes I do appreciate is the positioning of the arms; by comparison, the leader-class figure's shoulders are WAY out from the body and too low.

Can't wait to see what poses MPM can achieve that the leader-class figure cannot; I don't suppose there's a chance in hell he has any waiste swivel or ab crunch?

That's not the stuff that bothers me. What bothers me, is that the chest windows are too far apart, the parts of the hood are too big...Those are what makes his torso look chunky. I think he would look a lot better if those things weren't an issue, but alas.

Ab crunch is a definite no, but there is hope for a waist swivel. There does appear to be space for it and maybe, if they were clever enough....

I do hope we see MPM Barricade sometime soon. Now there's one that I'm really curious about.

Yeah it's a pretty fun set, and the 2 inch size makes it cute af.

It made me consider getting into transformers, I have one old Hasbro Jazz from when I started collecting, which I'm sure it's considered pleb-tier for Transformers fans, but it wasn't until I got those Diaclones that I dug Jazz out of storage, started looking at it and play with it, saw the engineering that went into it and something clicked: "Damn, so that's why people like these things, maybe I need to get a couple more of these" :lol

All things transformers!!!!

Yeah it's a pretty fun set, and the 2 inch size makes it cute af.

It made me consider getting into transformers, I have one old Hasbro Jazz from when I started collecting, which I'm sure it's considered pleb-tier for Transformers fans, but it wasn't until I got those Diaclones that I dug Jazz out of storage, started looking at it and play with it, saw the engineering that went into it and something clicked: "Damn, so that's why people like these things, maybe I need to get a couple more of these" :lol

Yeah, the engineering nowadays on the MP line is out of this world. Once you handle the likes of Ratchet and Ironhide and realize that the alt mode actually becomes smaller as compared to the Bot proportions, or that inferno's ladder DISAPPEARS on its back leaving a flat, clean as hell surface or when you handle Megatron and try to figure how they were able to do it, it's what I call the masterpiece moments. They are all great, but not ever since masterpiece Ultra Magnus that the engineering went trough the roof.

Also, this is the best thread in all of SSF.

I think your best bet at the moment is to keep an eye on the various FB TF groups and see if you can get a decent deal on one without the plug. I've read that the BBTS have it, and depending on your luck, the one installed on the silencer is kind of a ***** to get out.

Or you can just wait for the inevitable re-release. TT is killing it with MP-36, they'll make more as the demand is insane.

gotcha.

i'm waiting to see what they do w/ the ko's. hoping for a silver scheme and something less prone to scratching. be nice too if they do something to cover up how bad the shoulders and back look as well. i know there are a couple ko's in the works and i think the KBB oversize too... so we'll see what comes out.

It is easy to remove. But true that if you can get it without it, the better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas, what do you guys think of yahobby? Looks like they have it instock, would cost me around $220ish shipped. But there are mixed reviews about them.

Yahobby just jacked the price of mp36 from $200 to $300, I'll just wait for the 2nd run. Just ordered Star Saber to hold me down.

Yahobby just jacked the price of mp36 from $200 to $300, I'll just wait for the 2nd run. Just ordered Star Saber to hold me down.

yeah there's no reason to rush and over pay. they'll more than likely reissue and then jump on one of the overseas sites... or just wait and see how the kos turn out.

Back