ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let you guys know HLJ sent out an email to customers who ordered Megatron and they stated they will be opening each box and installing the orange plug.

So it looks like even companies in Japan are doing this. I don't know if Anime Express will do this as well.

Interesting. Mines on order with AE, hopefully they won't be installing the plug but if that's what it takes to get through U.S. Customs then so be it.

AmazonJP hasn't mentioned anything, but if that was the case I'd assume they'd much rather cancel every single order instead of going all that hassle.

Sick stuff!

Can't wait to see what you do once MP 36 (king of kings, unbeatable, best ever, absolute perfection, **** the back) gets to you!

Following you on IG!

Thx, Fran. :) :hi5:
I have already something very cool in mind. Hope the weather, articulation and my plans all work together. :lol
I think I figured you out.
:lol

Last edited:
Interesting. Mines on order with AE, hopefully they won't be installing the plug but if that's what it takes to get through U.S. Customs then so be it.

I just received an email from Anime Express telling me my Megatron is ready to ship. There is no mention of them opening up the box and installing the plug.

I also saw on another forum that someone has confirmed that Ami Ami will not open up Megatron.

So maybe its just HLJ that is doing this. As a side note, HLJ has U.S. owners so maybe that is why HLJ understands U.S. law more so than others.

d2dafd472622dfc10771aff46836b9fd_it-has-begun-it-has-begun-meme_625-351.jpeg

17554171_1334539006612036_1141349433736903290_n.jpg

17553539_1334539016612035_8937358922305243968_n.jpg

17553736_1334538996612037_3389088733946437920_n.jpg

17634645_1334538999945370_4857735030420859984_n.jpg

DuPragy.jpg

In the shelves in japan!!!
17626518_1334642336601703_7503960955070348406_n.jpg

:rock:monkey4:horror:clap:yess:

The darn Long Life Design award logo ruins the Box art for me. Its too big, and feels out of place.

Yes I'm one of those people who like to display my boxes as well, not with my figures, but in another room.

I just received an email from Anime Express telling me my Megatron is ready to ship. There is no mention of them opening up the box and installing the plug.

I also saw on another forum that someone has confirmed that Ami Ami will not open up Megatron.

So maybe its just HLJ that is doing this. As a side note, HLJ has U.S. owners so maybe that is why HLJ understands U.S. law more so than others.

No email for me from AE yet. I checked my account yesterday and Megs was still listed as shipping early April. I actually forgot where I order him from:slap - I've had so many orders over the last year with HLJ, NY, and AE (with all the Bandai Hi-Metal Valks and Arcadia VF-1S).:lol

Can't wait for this - Hail Megatron!

Last edited:
Love the box, as usual. Takara knows how to do them some packaging. Hasbro? Not so much.

I just dont like the "Long Life Design" logo being so big on the front box covering Megatrons Foot.

I display my boxes all lined up in Number order front facing, and that White logo is not uniform with the rest of the boxes. Too bad they couldn't have placed that logo somewhere else, or made it smaller. Even if it had a Black background that would be better than the White.

Other than that I'm super excited to get him.

Do you think that is on every box, or might that be a retailer-specific thing? I've never noticed that logo before.

sounds like it's bragging rights for an award in japan... my guess is you'll see it on every box... and i wouldn't be surprised if it continues on others...

"Takara-Tomy have announced that they have won a Japanese award for quality design. The Good Design Long Life Award has been awarded to them for their work on Transformers Masterpiece figures. They have put out a Japanese language statement about their award which can be seen here (PDF). We here at TFW2005 and the Transformers Community as a whole also salute them for their awesome work!"

https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/135153-long-life-design-award-masterpiece-packaging/

i dunno... it looks pretty dam uniform and perfectly placed for a sticker to me... they look like they are in exactly the same spot.

Do you think that is on every box, or might that be a retailer-specific thing? I've never noticed that logo before.

sounds like it's bragging rights for an award in japan... my guess is you'll see it on every box... and i wouldn't be surprised if it continues on others...

"Takara-Tomy have announced that they have won a Japanese award for quality design. The Good Design Long Life Award has been awarded to them for their work on Transformers Masterpiece figures. They have put out a Japanese language statement about their award which can be seen here (PDF). We here at TFW2005 and the Transformers Community as a whole also salute them for their awesome work!"

https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/135153-long-life-design-award-masterpiece-packaging/

Maybe it's just a sticker on the plastic, though? Hopefully?

i dunno... it looks pretty dam uniform and perfectly placed for a sticker to me... they look like they are in exactly the same spot.

Yeah it is not a Sticker, they made it part of all the new release boxes for 2017. I ordered the Starscream MP-11 Coronation reissue, and it also has it.

Soundwave reissue and the cassettes will have it too.

I don't mind them putting an award on the box, I just wish it was not on his foot. The large white background of the logo pops out too much against the black box.

For me being a box display person all lined up it ruins the cohesiveness that we all love of these MP boxes.

/

/

Found on FB, daimchoc:

de075147d58c3fb49567b00904bbf516.jpg

GORGEOUS

No denying that for the rabid G1 cartoon lovers/Takara Tomy fanboys (all two of you), these three look outstanding as a set and will have some real presence on the shelf but does Soundwave looks the odd man out there? I suppose it does match the ropey inconsistent animation to a tee though 😂

No denying that for the rabid G1 cartoon lovers/Takara Tomy fanboys (all two of you), these three look outstanding as a set and will have some real presence on the shelf but does Soundwave looks the odd man out there? I suppose it does match the ropey inconsistent animation to a tee though 

The official MP line to me is crazy inconsistent visually. None of them really look quite right together. Even since they started going for this super cartoony look they don't really match up aesthetically all that well. Even something like faction symbols has become inconsistent.

Back