ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The key is, you can crap on the product (e.g., "This is a huge POS. Takara is so stupid!"), but don't crap on others' opinions, even in a passive aggressive way (e.g., "I don't see how anyone could like this POS. People are so stupid!").

Though I know we don't have a lot of leaders modeling this, try to put yourself in the shoes of others for a minute.

Don't get me wrong, I stand by what I said. All the other options are truly non existent to me, but maybe calling them crap wasn't the best choice of words.

But yeah, THE BACK IS MESSY!

Lol.

:lol

You need to relax. I didn't **** on your opinion. I said it's messy (which is my opinion) but it all comes down to personal preference because we have a lot of choices. Takara did some parts great, but the back and clavicle area look like **** to me compared to other versions. Every MP version of Megatron from every company is a collectible for adults so I don't see where that statement matters. Other companies faced the same engineering choices and were able to clean up those areas where Takara made the decision to leave them messy. You can like it or don't like it, I don't give a ****. You think Takara nailed it? Great--buy it. Tell me how much you love it, but don't act like someone having an opinion you don't agree with is automatically ******** or a personal attack on the people that like Takara's.

I'm totally chill, man. Why else would I laugh? :lol
I didn't attack anyone. I just have the take that you can't really say that something is messy if you don't even try to think realistic.
Tasks were simply different:
3rd: inspired
Official: accurate.
You can't do accurate if you do it clean. No way you'll get the proportions the way takara did.
Simple.

The key is, you can crap on the product (e.g., "This is a huge POS. Takara is so stupid!"), but don't crap on others' opinions, even in a passive aggressive way (e.g., "I don't see how anyone could like this POS. People are so stupid!").

I didnt. Or did I?

Last edited:
You can't do accurate if you do it clean. No way you'll get the proportions the way takara did.

I don't necessarily believe that's true. The proportions on the Takara version aren't that different from some of the 3rd party versions. The main big difference is the legs and those look totally fine and aren't messy at all. The main issue is the torso and MakeToys seems to have been able to do a very similar sized torso much cleaner. It's even smaller front to back than the Takara, which is very wide front to back.

All that said, I'm not a toy engineer and I also have never owned any of these so I can't exactly state with confidence what's possible and what's impossible.

Because it´s so important how his back looks. I mean...I always check my collection from the back, thinking: My, oh my...do we have nice clean backs here..."

:ohbfrank:

Would rep if I could.

I would actually love to see those "artist" and "toy engineer" wannabes do a better cartoon accurate Megatron. I mean, If you hate it so much, there's options!

- Crapollyon

- Craspotron

- Whatever the **** the other one is called.

Everyone's happy.

But no, THE BACK! LOL.

wasn't trying to open a can of worms showing how bad the back looked! i just was posting the picture as i had not seen it before and hadn't paid much attention to the figure as the messy look of the shoulders and the shattered gun mode wasn't enough to make me wanna jump to the official... so i hadn't been paying that close of attention to the figure until people started asking me about producing some parts to fix the look. but i disagree that just because it's the back you ignore it... lots of folks have their stuff facing front and back in displays, pictures, dios, etc... so personally i don't see "it's the figures back so it can be a mess" being ok

not trying to ruin anyone's excitement on getting the figure... if mp36 is the end all be all for you, i'm seriously glad you are getting what fits your bill. just was having discussions about the figure as that's what this thread is about... discussing our likes, dislikes, opinions, etc. i don't recall anyone who is NOT a fan of mp 36 sounding rude or disrespectful or nasty or name calling, whatever... they are just making their thoughts and opinions in a thread that is for exactly that purpose. seriously, there's no reason for the hostility from a couple of you guys that are hard core on mp36 towards those that aren't. we're all part of the same fan base here guys... is it that big of a deal if some of the guys discuss what they don't like? i mean i don't see anyone saying, MP36 is crap! IT sucks, it looks like ****. people are simply talking about things they don't like with the look and honestly... i believe they are disappointed that it does look like that as they were originally excited about picking it up. and as i remember, everyone that has one of the other options are expressing the same disappointment in aspects of things they already own...

Last edited:
I didnt. Or did I?
I'm not responding to any particular post. Just making a general comment. Though some find ways to troll despite following the letter of this rule, I usually chalk up those getting upset about comments focused exclusively on a toy as someone being overly sensitive. We've got to allow ourselves to express our opinions about dolls and toys on this forum.

I don't necessarily believe that's true. The proportions on the Takara version aren't that different from some of the 3rd party versions. The main big difference is the legs and those look totally fine and aren't messy at all. The main issue is the torso and MakeToys seems to have been able to do a very similar sized torso much cleaner. It's even smaller front to back than the Takara, which is very wide front to back.

All that said, I'm not a toy engineer and I also have never owned any of these so I can't exactly state with confidence what's possible and what's impossible.

I just checked and they are pretty similar, but the MT IS bigger. Meaning they do have more space, albeit not in the dimension that it wouls prove my point.
I also dont try to excuse what they did. I just like the approach if this is the approach that brings on top almost a cartoon accurate transformation, then this is...Megatron even more in my book.

wasn't trying to open a can of worms showing how bad the back looked! i just was posting the picture as i had not seen it before and hadn't paid much attention to the figure as the messy look of the shoulders and the shattered gun mode wasn't enough to make me wanna jump to the official... so i hadn't been paying that close of attention to the figure until people started asking me about producing some parts to fix the look. but i disagree that just because it's the back you ignore it... lots of folks have their stuff facing front and back in displays, pictures, dios, etc... so personally i don't see "it's the figures back so it can be a mess" being ok

not trying to ruin anyone's excitement on getting the figure... if mp36 is the end all be all for you, i'm seriously glad you are getting what fits your bill. just was having discussions about the figure as that's what this thread is about... discussing our likes, dislikes, opinions, etc. i don't recall anyone who is NOT a fan of mp 36 sounding rude or disrespectful or nasty or name calling, whatever... they are just making their thoughts and opinions in a thread that is for exactly that purpose. seriously, there's no reason for the hostility from a couple of you guys that are hard core on mp36 towards those that aren't. we're all part of the same fan base here guys... is it that big of a deal if some of the guys discuss what they don't like? i mean i don't see anyone saying, MP36 is crap! IT sucks, it looks like ****. people are simply talking about things they don't like with the look and honestly... i believe they are disappointed that it does look like that as they were originally excited about picking it up. and as i remember, everyone that has one of the other options are expressing the same disappointment in aspects of things they already own...

Nah, you didnt, man. Its just my opinion that you just need to check all aspects of such a piece. Not only looks, but engineering too, maybe sacrifices, what the figure can do, etc. Hope I wasn't hostile. I just think it's unrealistic to blast a figure like that.
Also I'm not a fanboy of this. I love how he looks and I can't wait to have him, but before that I was contemplating of getting Despotron. He looks great and if TT wouldn't have announced their's, I would've jumped to their ship.

I'm not responding to any particular post. Just making a general comment. Though some find ways to troll despite following the letter of this rule, I usually chalk up those getting upset about comments focused exclusively on a toy as someone being overly sensitive. We've got to allow ourselves to express our opinions about dolls and toys on this forum.

Totally with you on that. Neutral opinions are a must. It's all good, I just thought you meant me and I only get rude when the first shots are fired.

The full review for Iron Factory's IF EX-14 Ultimate Commander is up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/ultimate-commander-review/

A few pics from the gallery section:

6-85.png

10-69.png

17-38.png

4-83.png

Wow just read the last few pages.

I pre paid for Megatron when the Pre order opened.

I'm not happy with the neck area exposed kibble, or the back kibble, but overal when I see him posed next to Shockwave looks great and will be the only Toon accurate Megatron for my display.

I love this guy to death. I mean, just look at him.
Realm of collectors hangouts show Enter The Realm said it best:

"The back, kibble and neck are bad, but what he does right? Boy, he does it so much better than the others.

THAT is Megatron.

Photos by a very cool dude named Đức Minh Phạm on FB and TFW2005.
Awesome guy, snagged Megs WAY before the others. :)

17492759_1934115840157897_3936818077401293109_o.jpg

"Prime, where are we...?"

"I don't know. Xaaron didn't give us enough on this. Optics on high alert. Wheeljack...?"

"Sensors are all over the place, Optimus. I read so much...I can't read it properly."

"Stay on top of it. Maybe we need to get out of here fast..."

17545470_1935721899997291_1706932062419515702_o.jpg

"Prime, I'm getting multiple readings."

"Direction?"

"....everywhere...and...they are at least part cybertronian. I see traces of...constructi...yes. One was Scrapper and then it phases into...insecticons?!"

"Prime?!"

"I don't know, Ultra Magnus. Not yet. Defense settings on max. No surprises here..."

17436313_1936397449929736_1137065456219025043_o.jpg

"Just this fog everywhere and then these readings. Scrapper and an Insecticon? Phased...into what? I don't understand why Xaaron did not give us more info. It's almost has if he didn't wanted us to have more facts."

"Prime, look..."

New album, featuring the adventure-like shots, I did, on my site too: Tim K´s Figure Photography Crate.
Hope you enjoy. :) Check it out, if you like, same as my Instagram:
@Figurephotographycrate

Peace

Last edited:
View attachment 332766

"Prime, where are we...?"

"I don't know. Xaaron didn't give us enough on this. Optics on high alert. Wheeljack...?"

"Sensors are all over the place, Optimus. I read so much...I can't read it properly."

"Stay on top of it. Maybe we need to get out of here fast..."

View attachment 332767

"Prime, I'm getting multiple readings."

"Direction?"

"....everywhere...and...they are at least part cybertronian. I see traces of...constructi...yes. One was Scrapper and then it phases into...insecticons?!"

"Prime?!"

"I don't know, Ultra Magnus. Not yet. Defense settings on max. No surprises here..."

View attachment 332768

"Just this fog everywhere and then these readings. Scrapper and an Insecticon? Phased...into what? I don't understand why Xaaron did not give us more info. It's almost has if he didn't wanted us to have more facts."

"Prime, look..."

New album, featuring the adventure-like shots, I did, on my site too: Tim K´s Figure Photography Crate.
Hope you enjoy. :) Check it out, if you like, same as my Instagram:
@Figurephotographycrate

Peace

Sick stuff!

Can't wait to see what you do once MP 36 (king of kings, unbeatable, best ever, absolute perfection, **** the back) gets to you!

Following you on IG!

BBTS allocation will all have the orange plug, correct? Are these generally a pain to remove or is it a case of giving them a twist and it will pop right off?

BBTS allocation will all have the orange plug, correct? Are these generally a pain to remove or is it a case of giving them a twist and it will pop right off?

My MP05 came from eBay, Chinese seller, so no plug.

I hear they are easy to remove but you never know. I'd stick to AmazonJP if I were you.

My MP05 came from eBay, Chinese seller, so no plug.

I hear they are easy to remove but you never know. I'd stick to AmazonJP if I were you.

I was thinking the same thing. This will be my first foray into the masterpiece world and the start of my G1 collection so I don't want to get stuck with an orange plug!

Just to let you guys know HLJ sent out an email to customers who ordered Megatron and they stated they will be opening each box and installing the orange plug.

So it looks like even companies in Japan are doing this. I don't know if Anime Express will do this as well.

Back