ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thinking, so if the chest plate is removable, will it be able to hide in the transformation or will it have to be removed?

Im thinking the former.

I would say Megatron is 100$ over priced but the transformation from bot to gun mode looks complex and the bot mode looks great. I'm going to guess the engineering was so complex on this that they might have had to sell it for that price. Otherwise why price it 80$ more than your competitors price?

Because they can.
I would say Megatron is 100$ over priced but the transformation from bot to gun mode looks complex and the bot mode looks great. I'm going to guess the engineering was so complex on this that they might have had to sell it for that price. Otherwise why price it 80$ more than your competitors price?

This is another perfect example that shows Takara doesn't give two ****s about 3P. Love them or hate them, this is not the topic here. Takara doesn't see them as competition, and this makes it perfectly clear. They know the can get away with releasing a Megatron priced at $200+, because they know people WANT it. It is freaking Megatron, an OFFICIAL Megatron. Doesn't matter what your views on Official vs 3p is, this is fact.

This will sell like hotcakes, it will likely be the best selling MP release of the decade while most of the "others" will be collecting dust at many stores because they can't sell for $50. It's the way it usually goes with a Takara release. Hell, they are reissuing MP10 at $220. They know people WANT those two on their collections.

Fans have been wanting a Megatron for YEARS, they are simply being brilliant businessmen and capitalizing on it.

Having said all that, do I wish it was cheaper? Yes.

Will I still buy it? Abso****inglutely. I'm getting two.

Also, Full pic review of MP Inferno!!!!! It is not in English, but you can see how perfect he looks!

Another Home run by Takara! Some people are apparently getting their notices for him now!!!

https://blacklai1979.blogspot.co.nz/2016/11/review-transformer-masterpiece-mp-33.html?m=1

Last edited:
attachment.php

THE BEST!

This is seriously the best pic I've seen of any "recreate X iconic scene" in the history of collectibles, ever.

I can hear Welker's voice saying "It's over prime" when I see this it;s not even funny.

What a majestic job by Takara. Insane.

pics of him on his own, he looks good...
but the pics of him next to prime, he looks scrawny! especially his lower half...
might pick it up down the road if prices drop or a KO pops up... for now apollyon does it just fine on my shelf...

I'm not impressed with this one as well - Apollyon still looks best IMO. My gripe with this is that the chest plate is too small - it should be much wider. Also he looks like an old man with pants that are pulled up past his belly button. The last 2 photos with him with his stand-up canon and fighting with Prime looks like a scrawny Megatron.

I have the Apollyon too and I like it, but definitely going to get this, since it's an "official" one. It is definitely very complex, I hope it will not feel filmsy and hold itself together better than MP5 though. MP5 Megs had weak joints, and so much parts to transform that they did not snap tight together and always came loose.

This is another perfect example that shows Takara doesn't give two ****s about 3P. Love them or hate them, this is not the topic here. Takara doesn't see them as competition, and this makes it perfectly clear. They know the can get away with releasing a Megatron priced at $200+, because they know people WANT it. It is freaking Megatron, an OFFICIAL Megatron. Doesn't matter what your views on Official vs 3p is, this is fact.

This will sell like hotcakes, it will likely be the best selling MP release of the decade while most of the "others" will be collecting dust at many stores because they can't sell for $50. It's the way it usually goes with a Takara release. Hell, they are reissuing MP10 at $220. They know people WANT those two on their collections.

Fans have been wanting a Megatron for YEARS, they are simply being brilliant businessmen and capitalizing on it.

Also, Full pic review of MP Inferno!!!!! It is not in English, but you can see how perfect he looks!

Another Home run by Takara! Some people are apparently getting their notices for him now!!!

https://blacklai1979.blogspot.co.nz/2016/11/review-transformer-masterpiece-mp-33.html?m=1

What I do not understand is, why are collectors suddenly crying about the cost of the new MP toys ? Is it because they are reissuing a lot of them just now so their original toys are not gonna be worth much ? Is it that its all coming out too much too soon ? Or is it that some collectors want gold standard adult collectables but still want to pay 1980's toy prices for it ?

In any case, I put my order down for one Meg and one Prime over at BBTS.

This is seriously the best pic I've seen of any "recreate X iconic scene" in the history of collectibles, ever.

I can hear Welker's voice saying "It's over prime" when I see this it;s not even funny.

What a majestic job by Takara. Insane.

Hillarious fanboy gushing :rotfl

Fairplay man; glad you're happy!

What I do not understand is, why are collectors suddenly crying about the cost of the new MP toys ? Is it because they are reissuing a lot of them just now so their original toys are not gonna be worth much ? Is it that its all coming out too much too soon ? Or is it that some collectors want gold standard adult collectables but still want to pay 1980's toy prices for it ?

In any case, I put my order down for one Meg and one Prime over at BBTS.
My guess is it is due to changes in their prices and relative value of the yen. Bumblebee cost around $35 for me, and several of the other cars were in the $45 range through HLJ. And Shockwave more recently was in the $120 range. This is quite a jump, though obviously Megs will be a but bigger than those Autobots.

Last edited:
I have liked desing-wise the previous patch on MP toy more than the current ones, but Megatron still looks very nice and is a must have to my MP collection.

I think that Megatron is massively overpriced
He is going to cost me £170 which is £70 too much IMO
Shockwave cost me £100 & I fail to see why the massive jump here

That said I will buy him as he is a grail piece for the line but here is where I stop with the official line.
Unless they put out something I just cant ignore (Jazz or Dinobots for example) then there is nothing else I need or want from the official line since the 3rd Party companies already have perfect examples of any of the other characters I want, & if I'm honest once Megs is here I can't think of many other characters I really need anyway.

But yeah from here on out it will be 3P only for me the keener pricing & quality of the product are both enough to keep from lining Takara's pockets any further.

Neil

£170 Neil? I think you need to shop around. If that's Kapow you're quoting you can get it £10 cheaper than that just to get their second batch instead of their first. I paid for my pre-order this morning from a Japanese site and it cost £120 (ex shipping), though I know some are scared of buying from overseas for some reason. Look harder and you'll get it cheaper.

How much is shipping to the US usually?

I usually go with EMS, which once shipped is less than a week to your door. For Megatron I'd guess it'll be around $35.00 to $40.00. If you choose SAL it might be around $20.00 but it could be in transit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Not sure if you're familiar with AE, but you have to pay for the item up front. I don't mind as I like having it out of the way and just having to pay for the shipping when in stock.

Last edited:
I usually go with EMS, which once shipped is less than a week to your door. For Megatron I'd guess it'll be around $35.00 to $40.00. If you choose SAL it might be around $20.00 but it could be in transit for 3 to 4 weeks.
Either way, it is a lot cheaper than what I usually order from ,TFSource.

Will go with them this time but will keep my po with TFS. What I like from them is the free shipping on orders over $150. So I can stack and get the free shipping.

I used BBTS since 2000 but I switched about 2 years ago and I really like it. But the price Anime-Export is offering is too good to pass up.

Keep in mind A/e and HLJ are in Japan. I dont believe they will install the orange plug. If you dont want to pay upfront you can use HLJ for 20%off retail vs AE 30% off retail.

I agree that shipping for Megatron will be around 40.00 - retailers have already said the box will be large. Everyone by now should understand what dimensional shipping is and calculated based upon volume of box, not weight.

To get a better idea on how much shipping will cost, go on AE site and chose a figure that is in stock like Ramjet for instance. EMS for Ramjet is 37.00. EMS is 4 day ship so pretty fast.

Also dont forget Amazon Japan will be putting up PO too, but most likely will not have 30% off retail. Amazon.jp has cheaper shipping than AE so I will be waiting to see.

/

Keep in mind A/e and HLJ are in Japan. I dont believe they will install the orange plug. If you dont want to pay upfront you can use HLJ for 20%off retail vs AE 30% off retail.

I agree that shipping for Megatron will be around 40.00 - retailers have already said the box will be large. Everyone by now should understand what dimensional shipping is and calculated based upon volume of box, not weight.

To get a better idea on how much shipping will cost, go on AE site and chose a figure that is in stock like Ramjet for instance. EMS for Ramjet is 37.00. EMS is 4 day ship so pretty fast.

Also dont forget Amazon Japan will be putting up PO too, but most likely will not have 30% off retail. Amazon.jp has cheaper shipping than AE so I will be waiting to see.

/

Can you please post when Amazon JP has po's open Lotus?

I'm in the middle of nowhere so I can't check anything frequently.

Back