ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maketoys has New pics downbeat, their MP jazz.

Here's some Photoshop with color added that some people did on the grey prototype pics

The square headlight cavities bother me a little. I would prefer round, or just filled in and only expose the blue headlamps.

Another awesome package from Robotkingdom!! Can't wait to get these out. Comparison video reviews against the original releases coming soon on the Kool Kollectibles YouTube channel :)

01.jpg

But knowing how these 3rd party guys (and even Takara at times) work, this makes the probability of another company taking him on that much higher. So, good news for Jazz fans, whether you want the Maketoys version or not! I'm hoping Fanstoys will start working on this soon.

yeah with the way these 3rd party guys have been going to war w/ each other on duplicate releases... wouldn't surprise me to see several more versions of jazz pop up in the near future.

Alt mode comparison shots of MP-14 Red Alert and MP-14+ Red Alert (Anime Colour). For me, the original alt mode colours are definitely better. I prefer the bright white, the Lamborghini logo and car model text on the rear. Could be a different story in bot mode though!

IMG_0988b.jpg

IMG_0990b.jpg

IMG_0991b.jpg

IMG_0992b.jpg

IMG_0994b.jpg

Alt mode comparison shots of MP-14 Red Alert and MP-14+ Red Alert (Anime Colour). For me, the original alt mode colours are definitely better. I prefer the bright white, the Lamborghini logo and car model text on the rear. Could be a different story in bot mode though!

View attachment 295113

View attachment 295114

View attachment 295115

View attachment 295116

View attachment 295117

Seeing then side by side like this, It makes me even happier I got rid of the original Red Alert. The new colors work better IMO, as the other has absolutely no resemblance with what we saw on the cartoon. Can't wait for mine.

Cartoon accuracy ftw.

Bot mode comparison shots of MP-14 Red Alert and MP-14+ Red Alert (Anime Colour). I actually preferred the original in alt mode, but for the most part prefer the new one in bot mode. Video review with thoughts up soon :)

IMG_0995b.jpg

IMG_1006b.jpg

IMG_1008b.jpg

Here's my review of the new MP-14+ Red Alert (Anime Color Edition). Overall a solid release. I definitely prefer the cartoon accurate colours more in bot mode than in alt mode.

EDIT: Robotkingdom just emailed out a notification saying MP-14+ was meant to have a coin. Hasbro Asia will be providing them shortly so RK will ship them out included in your next order. That's awesome!!

Here's my review of the new MP-14+ Red Alert (Anime Color Edition). Overall a solid release. I definitely prefer the cartoon accurate colours more in bot mode than in alt mode.

EDIT: Robotkingdom just emailed out a notification saying MP-14+ was meant to have a coin. Hasbro Asia will be providing them shortly so RK will ship them out included in your next order. That's awesome!!

Good review. Thanks.

Man seeing pics like that makes me wish I was still collecting Masterpieces. I had to choose between Masterpieces and Hot Toys Iron Man, Hot Toys Iron Man won out.

My Anime Red Alert has arrived form Kapow. When it was announced I decided I'd wait until it was in hand before passing any judgement on it's basic paint scheme and see how it would fit in with the other MP figures I have. It definitely stands out from the rest of them, simply because it's so bland by comparison. I don't think the light grey works at all and much prefer the bright white of the original figure, and it feels very lazy for Takara. I mean, they could have done it properly and retooled the shoulders and maybe had the doors of the car hang off the arms like in the toon but they didn't bother, so it's a figure that obviously wasn't designed to slavishly follow the toon drawings trying to be something it's not, and for me this really does feel like a huge waste of money. I'm not sure how I'd feel about further such toon accurate repaints, I suppose I'd have to see them on their individual merits, but I'll be sticking with my original MP14.

My Anime Red Alert has arrived form Kapow. When it was announced I decided I'd wait until it was in hand before passing any judgement on it's basic paint scheme and see how it would fit in with the other MP figures I have. It definitely stands out from the rest of them, simply because it's so bland by comparison. I don't think the light grey works at all and much prefer the bright white of the original figure, and it feels very lazy for Takara. I mean, they could have done it properly and retooled the shoulders and maybe had the doors of the car hang off the arms like in the toon but they didn't bother, so it's a figure that obviously wasn't designed to slavishly follow the toon drawings trying to be something it's not, and for me this really does feel like a huge waste of money. I'm not sure how I'd feel about further such toon accurate repaints, I suppose I'd have to see them on their individual merits, but I'll be sticking with my original MP14.

I agree that Grey Alert would have been better with more retooling. I'm sticking with my 2 originals as I prefer the toy coloring.

Of the other figures the only "+" version I'd consider is Bumblebee in a brighter yellow instead of the orangey shade of MP21.

In other news, I'm glad to see the MP collector coins are ending as mine always end up stuck in a drawer as I've no space to adequately display them.

A diecast minifigure of Optimus Primal instead of a Cheetor coin is something I can fit into my existing displays a lot easier....MP Primal can have his own figure :lol

I offloaded my G2 Sideswipes this week and will be using the proceeds towards....something, but I'm not entirely sure what yet, the current favorites are MMC Hoist or KFC Victory Leo.

I'm also thinking of getting Titans Return Sixshot when it comes out as it's a Shogo Hasui design and I like it more than MMC's Hexatron. It'll make a rare change to go into a store and buy a figure instead of waiting for the postie.

Back