ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31-3.png

Amazing custom Super Deformed figure of Beast Wars Inferno,

A shame this and the SD Cheetor that appeared a few months ago are only customs but I guess there's a chance a 3rd party company could buy the designs and put them into production once a few more start moving into the Beast era.

Full pics of Victory Leo,

Victory Saber,

I think the combined mode feet look messy but it's consistent with the original toys so there's not much to be done about that. If KFC's build quality continues the improvement that's being reported with the Junkions I'd be very intrested in getting Leo.

Not sure if this has been posted already.
I'm really trying to pro/con Grapple and Inferno, because if I'm going to get either I'm only going to get one. On the one hand, Inferno comes out first, has I believe a sharper looking robot mode, and is the more iconic/well-known character. But on the other hand, Grapple would break up the predominantly red Autobots I currently own, has more interesting accessories, a better looking vehicle mode in my opinion, and "The Master Builders" was one of my favorite episodes as a kid.

If these guys were the usual $60 that Autobot cars often run I'd consider both, but at $140 it's going to be one or the other or neither.

Masterpiece-Grapple-04.jpg

Masterpiece-Grapple-05.jpg

Masterpiece-Grapple-02.jpg

yeah... the $140 price tag is getting out of contol!

Agreed. It's just too much. Plus with the Yen being almost equal to the dollar, its not worth it to import anymore.

On a side note, I do like the orange color they chose.

yeah... the $140 price tag is getting out of contol!

Agreed. It's just too much. Plus with the Yen being almost equal to the dollar, its not worth it to import anymore.

I mean these guys are roughly the same size as Ironhide & Ratchet, right? Both of which were heavy on accessories. So why the $50 price hike?

Yeah, at that cost Grapple may be the first standard (non-exclusive) 84-85 MP figure I skip out on. And I hate to do that, but. . .my Transformers love only goes so far!

Yeah, at that cost Grapple may be the first standard (non-exclusive) 84-85 MP figure I skip out on. And I hate to do that, but. . .my Transformers love only goes so far!
Thus far I've limited my Masterpiece collection to Season One and '86 Movie (Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod) figures; I think I'm eyeing these Season 2 figures (and the Coneheads) only because Takara-Tomy has no other announced figures at this time...

Grapple looks nice but at £110 for a carbot no chance
The prices are getting silly now

Also the 3P efforts from MMC & Maketoys are both easily as good & at least £10 cheaper

Also just lately with the quality of 3P products & the choice of characters being released Takara are becoming far less relevant to my Transformers collecting...in fact 3P reveals get me far more excited than anything Takara have revealed in some time

Neil

Also the 3P efforts from MMC & Maketoys are both easily as good & at least £10 cheaper

Also just lately with the quality of 3P products & the choice of characters being released Takara are becoming far less relevant to my Transformers collecting...in fact 3P reveals get me far more excited than anything Takara have revealed in some time

Neil

MMC Grapple is £85.

So that's £25 that can go towards something else....maybe an extra MMC Trailbreaker or whichever Hoist I decide on.

MMC are sticking to the Hasui approach (using multiple sources of reference as opposed to just the cartoon) and I'd sooner support that.

I'm still getting Optimus Primal & Cheetor from Takara but that's probably it unless they make more Beast Wars characters.

I've decided the the FT Galvatron offering is probably as good as it's going go get so I'm ordering him, I can't wait forever for TT.

I've decided the the FT Galvatron offering is probably as good as it's going go get so I'm ordering him, I can't wait forever for TT.
reduced-image_11218_106.jpg

Not a bad idea; the Fans Toys Galvatron looks outstanding. Besides, those of us holding out for Takara-Tomy's Galvatron are just setting ourselves up for disappointment when they ship it in a pale lavender purple, as they always do with Galvatron.

27587004d1462629795-legends-hardhead-skullcruncher-galvatron-p5070763.jpg

reduced-image_2513_106.jpg

But for me, I just don't have the shelf space or desire to spend the funds required to get into 3rd party figures; the pace at which Takara releases them, while often frustrating, is about right for me.

Yup way too much. And no real advantage buying overseas with the conversion rate anymore makes the absurd prices even more ridiculous!

I mean these guys are roughly the same size as Ironhide & Ratchet, right? Both of which were heavy on accessories. So why the $50 price hike?

Yup about same size. I paid $80 shipped for my iron hide from ami ami. No way in hell this thing is anywhere near $140. It's getting disgusting what they're doing!

I'm with you. It's not about the money at this point it's about the principle. And what they're trying to charge now for these things is an utter joke. So disappointing!

Neil

MMC Grapple is £85.

So that's £25 that can go towards something else....maybe an extra MMC Trailbreaker or whichever Hoist I decide on.

MMC are sticking to the Hasui approach (using multiple sources of reference as opposed to just the cartoon) and I'd sooner support that.

I'm still getting Optimus Primal & Cheetor from Takara but that's probably it unless they make more Beast Wars characters.

Normally my third-party purchases are placeholders until the official comes out. The way things are going with hastak raping people, third-party is going to start becoming my primary and hastak can pound salt with their absurd pricing!

Dammit!!! I hate getting bitter about something that I find enjoyment with. What's going on here is simple greed in it's truest form. Especially when you see things like the oversized MPP10 that is amazing and selling for $50 in China... Better in every way over the original and twice the size at almost a quarter of the cost. Just goes to show how much they are sticking it to people on current pricing.

Last edited:
Normally my third-party purchases are placeholders until the official comes out. The way things are going with hastak raping people, third-party is going to start becoming my primary and hastak can pound salt with their absurd pricing!

Dammit!!! I hate getting bitter about something that I find enjoyment with. What's going on here is simple greed in it's truest form. Especially when you see things like the oversized MPP10 that is amazing and selling for $50 in China... Better in every way over the original and twice the size at almost a quarter of the cost. Just goes to show how much they are sticking it to people on current pricing.

I've been primarily going the 3rd party route for a while now and have no regrets, particularly in the wake of the Brexit situation and the effect it had on the pricing of official stuff in the UK.

A figure like MMC Grapple will have better build quality than the Takara one as MMC are right up there with Fans Toys in that respect, it's also got an aesthetic I prefer to cartoon accuracy and is quite a bit less in price.

It doesn't have a lot of extras but all I ever need on that score is the main weapon/s and maybe another head or facesculpt, all the episode specific stuff that Takara have been starting to include means nothing to me as I don't have the love for the cartoon that other fans do.

Takara can still do good figures with extras that I'd actually use....the amount of extra face sculpts for both modes on Optimus Primal & Cheetor is fantastic, but their G1 stuff just isn't worth it any more.

In addition to the oversized and undersized MP10 KO's and oversized Grimlock, the straight KO's are getting better as well. If Takasa Tony can release a KO of Tracks with rubber tyres and tighter joints than the legit one for a tad more than £18 shipped then Takara's greed becomes very obvious.

If they're charging suppliers so much per unit that UK importers have to sell a minor character like Grapple for £110 then what the hell will Megatron V2 cost when they finally do it?

Apollyon was £100, so is Mightron and Despotron is £120.

At this rate I'd be very surprised if a Takara one was less than £200.

In addition to the oversized and undersized MP10 KO's and oversized Grimlock, the straight KO's are getting better as well. If Takasa Tony can release a KO of Tracks with rubber tyres and tighter joints than the legit one for a tad more than £18 shipped then Takara's greed becomes very obvious.
While I do feel Takara is getting greedy, I don't think this is a fair comparison. Takara has artists, designers, engineers, sculpters, illustrators, painters & photographers to pay: the KO's don't. They just take all of Takara's hard work and clone it; their only costs are materials & manufacturing.

A more fair comparison would be the 3rd party companies; while they're stealing the IP, they're still doing all of the same work as Takara-Tomy. If Mastermind Creations can sell their great-looking Inferno for $99, Takara can too.

Last edited:
Back