ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maketoys despotron is up for pre-order at several places...

chosen prime
tfsource
bbts

$146.99

mtrm08-despotron-10.jpg

Yeah, but nothing too bad. Looks great

Agreed, I think it's just one of those compromises that gets made due to real world physics not being able to cheat like the animation and it's at the back so if I get an extra to keep in beast mode I won't even see it.

I've just paid for my first one via Kapow Toys, really looking forward to having him and Primal on display together. I don't normally do stand ins but The Takara Legends version of Rattrap is about the right scale in robot mode so he'll go with them until someone makes an MP version.

Agreed, I think it's just one of those compromises that gets made due to real world physics not being able to cheat like the animation and it's at the back so if I get an extra to keep in beast mode I won't even see it.

I've just paid for my first one via Kapow Toys, really looking forward to having him and Primal on display together. I don't normally do stand ins but The Takara Legends version of Rattrap is about the right scale in robot mode so he'll go with them until someone makes an MP version.
They can probably just improve a few things on rattrap, give it a new paint job and call it an MP

They can probably just improve a few things on rattrap, give it a new paint job and call it an MP

It's a decent enough mold for what it is, but it's no Masterpiece. I think they'd be better starting from scratch.

Whoever makes an MP Rattrap could make the following improvements,

1.The robot kibble should be better hidden in rat mode so he doesn't look odd when posed standing on his back legs.

2.Robot mode needs a proper neck instead of just being sat on a balljoint. Rattrap's was quite defined in both his series 1 & Transmetal forms.

3.Better arm articulation and either fully articulated hands or swappable ones sculpted with some different gestures. Rattrap used his hands a lot as he talked so it'd be nice to have the option to recreate how expressive he was.

4.Opening panels on each forearm, one for a tool and one for an explosives pack.

5.Accurate colored gun & explosives pack. I was surprised that neither Takara version of the Generations mold rectified Hasbro's mistake/laziness.

6.Multiple headsculpts for each mode....we've already seen this with Primal & Cheetor so there's a precedent.

7.Properly sized front teeth on the rat heads. A minor nitpick on the Generations mold but on a Masterpiece figure the small details matter much more and it'd be an easy enough to do.

I'm digging Mightron. Arms look at lot better proportioned than on Apollyon. Overall looks more cartoon accurate.

On a related note, I'm now selling my Apollyon if anyone is interested! Also have all FT Dinibots for sale (except Grimlock).

What's everyone's views on DX9 Mightron? I know Maketoys looks pretty nice but this isnt half bad stood in a crowd of MPs.
Im torn. . .

Back