ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 3rd party MP Optimal Optimus. This one looks better than the first revealed.

459c7c473aeb7dd0d4e10e4edd8accbd.jpg

63ba1229dcfe8edfe1ae0d70f002d648.jpg

9396aa9a3eb906b086f8bdf0ec61499f.jpg

b2613e244d26383f33346ab04b7e2c72.jpg

98096de80144ba23200292514b765fc3.jpg

69b0518e5794efc06a731cada32fb532.jpg

295aa8400b44f84d885d5dc451a19637.jpg

3762c409e5a805ffdb8001e9e6997dd4.jpg

01fc99fb86e686323118238928f616d1.jpg

Does this company make good quality products?

MxBxM,
That company is new, so for now are an unknown quantity.

It's nice to see someone else doing Beast Wars though, just a shame it's another version of Optimal Optimus and not someone new.

I pre-ordered MMC Trailbreaker today, i'll see if I can pick up the extra accessory for Badcube Sunstreaker that comes with their Trailbreaker separately.

I'm also leaning towards MMC's Hoist, I don't think Badcube's are poor, but I wish they'd done Windcharger/Tailgate, Cliffjumper/Hubcap or Huffer 2.0/Pipes instead.

It looks small compared to MP Optimus, doesn't look like it will fit in scale with MP Primal and Cheetor.
If I'm not mistaken, that would be the accurate size for him based on the show. Even after transforming from Primal to Optimal Optimus, he was shorter. It has been a while since I have watched the show.

Damn, I like the angled forearms of MMC's TB but I prefer the headsculpts and overall look of BC's versions of him and Hoist, not to mention the inclusion of minifigures.

It's probably immaterial anyway because I plan on waiting for the official ones from Takara, simply because I'm now trying to limit myself to one representation each of secondary characters.

If I'm not mistaken, that would be the accurate size for him based on the show. Even after transforming from Primal to Optimal Optimus, he was shorter. It has been a while since I have watched the show.

Yes, they were definitely smaller in size in Beast Wars, they looked a little bigger than human size when they entered the Ark. Just that this looks small though, compared to MP OP it looks maybe around 6 inches, I think the new MP BW OP and Cheetor are bigger.

Yes, they were definitely smaller in size in Beast Wars, they looked a little bigger than human size when they entered the Ark. Just that this looks small though, compared to MP OP it looks maybe around 6 inches, I think the new MP BW OP and Cheetor are bigger.
So then it is in line with the G1 line, not the Beast Wars MP line

This is true, if they were going to actually scale these to match the show then the BW line would be no bigger than optimus's shin. The BW characters were the same size as humans, Primal wasn't an oversized robot gorilla, he was the size of a real gorilla. I liked that part of the show because it made the original G1 characters feel as if they were old gods that only existed in stories pasted down for generations and when you saw them there was a mystical quality to them considering how large they were. It was a really great touch that really enhances G1 transformers to me.

Transarts optimal looks more accurate to the cgi model whereas PEs looks more...heroic. Idealized.

I suppose both look good, gives collectors the option between accuracy and "romanticized".

I'm going for accuracy.

So umm...has anyone seen the last Knights hot rod??

https://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=654059&page=84

I uh....I don't know what to say.

Except for WTF happened??

It was nice to see Dirge. Now that the Coneheads are out of the way, I'm hoping for news of something like Jazz or even an official Skyfire. How about a Megatron, finally?

Transarts optimal looks more accurate to the cgi model whereas PEs looks more...heroic. Idealized.

I suppose both look good, gives collectors the option between accuracy and "romanticized".

I'm going for accuracy.

So umm...has anyone seen the last Knights hot rod??

https://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=654059&page=84

I uh....I don't know what to say.

Except for WTF happened??

I personally like romanticized looks myself, anything that will make them look cooler on my self is welcomed.

and with Hot Rob there, yea, he just looks like bumble bee 2.5, not really digging it.

It was nice to see Dirge. Now that the Coneheads are out of the way, I'm hoping for news of something like Jazz or even an official Skyfire. How about a Megatron, finally?

At a toy show in Shanghai this past week, Takara's Shogo Hasui was directly asked about Megatron 2.0 at a panel and the translation of his reply said something to the effect of "Megatron 2.0 is often discussed but as yet we have no date for releasing it".

It also appears someone asked about Jazz and it was confirmed that licensing issues are currently preventing it from happening.

One of the "he tell me" rumor mongers claims a prototype has been made but even if that's actually true that doesn't mean it's any more likely to happen.....a Porsche Boxster Jazz was made for the Binaltech line but never got further than that because Takara couldn't get a license.

Skyfire is a one use mold of a minor character that'd be bigger in robot mode than every other MP figure other than Starsaber. I'm not sure Takara will see it as being financially viable.

The TP offerings of Megatron, Skyfire, Jazz, Galvatron etc etc makes Takara's announcements redundant imo. The quality is generally better, they are faithful recreations and updates of the source material.
What Takara will or wont do makes no odds to me.

The TP offerings of Megatron, Skyfire, Jazz, Galvatron etc etc makes Takara's announcements redundant imo. The quality is generally better, they are faithful recreations and updates of the source material.
What Takara will or wont do makes no odds to me.
TP. . . for my bunghole? I am the great Cornholio!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back