ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My custom painted Combiner Wars Bruticus. PE Upgrades and Warbotron BFG.
View attachment 258916

Looks like a lot of work went into him.

I like the Perfect Effect upgrades they definitely make him look more cohesive. As for some of the black wash, I'm not a fan of it but it's just my opinion.

After all the work including buying the figures and the upgrades, if you were to do it all over would you do it the same way or look into buying Warbotron when on sale instead ?

b28817a4c32ee2fccb034b4ce67dbc43.jpg

Thought this was pretty funny :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

:yess:

Going to be very intresting to see how they approach the alt mode as the G1 Gears toy and animation models were so generic they didn't resemble any real world vehicle to any great degree.

So are they going to release Swerve as "Not So Grump"?

:lol

Badcube haven't said anything about Swerve yet.

He barely appeared in the original cartoon & comics so I think Badcube have to do some IDW stuff for it otherwise the figure won't sell too well.

:yess:

Going to be very intresting to see how they approach the alt mode as the G1 Gears toy and animation models were so generic they didn't resemble any real world vehicle to any great degree.

Excellent, an MP-style Gears! :clap BadCube's done such a great job with the Minibots, I wouldn't mind seeing a Powerglide, Cosmos and Seaspray. If Takara won't do one, throw in a Cliffjumper to boot.

Why is this thread so quiet ? Are we mourning the last Botcon still?

There really isn't anything new.

Oh, an 3p Company is releasing add on parts for Ironhide so that the side flaps are no more and a new, bigger head. Add that to actually have to unscrew and take your figure apart to do that.

And at only $40. Lol.

For a figure I paid $75 for shipped.

Oh, an 3p Company is releasing add on parts for Ironhide so that the side flaps are no more and a new, bigger head. Add that to actually have to unscrew and take your figure apart to do that.

And at only $40. Lol.

I actually wonder if something like that is made to order, or if the 3P company actually makes a run of them. Sometimes I think Transformers fans complain too much and 3P listen, problem is the complainers are not the ones that will buy the parts.

I'm satisfied with my MP Ironhide the way Takara made him. I mean he is way better than the original, and has some cool engineering on how his legs expand from the Van mode to Robot mode.

image.jpg
Looks like a lot of work went into him.

I like the Perfect Effect upgrades they definitely make him look more cohesive. As for some of the black wash, I'm not a fan of it but it's just my opinion.

After all the work including buying the figures and the upgrades, if you were to do it all over would you do it the same way or look into buying Warbotron when on sale instead ?

I actually already have Warbotron WB01. I decided to get the CW one after and paint him up just for fun. I wanted to make them look like real war machines, dirt and all. Plus CW toys are really cheap and virtually have no paint on them at all.

View attachment 259464

I actually already have Warbotron WB01. I decided to get the CW one after and paint him up just for fun. I wanted to make them look like real war machines, dirt and all. Plus CW toys are really cheap and virtually have no paint on them at all.

Ok that's cool. Damm... Warbotron is the king ....

I agree Combiner wars can be cheap if you get them during a sale. As for the prices of deluxe ranging from 15-20 each plus 60 for add on kit it definitely adds up. I've seen some pretty good sales on Warbotron now ever since the KO came out. For me I don't own either, but every time I see Warbotron and a Sale I'm so close to clicking the button.

Congrats man on both.:hi5: If I had both, I would want to make Warbotron hold CW Bruticus up above his head with his two hands ready to break his back.

And at only $40. Lol.

Thanks but no thanks. If it were $15, I would consider it.

MP inferno looks like it could be up next from Takara. I have MMC's version on order, which should be due very soon, but I'll wait until Takara have shown more than a sillouette before I decide its fate.

MP-Inferno.jpg

Last edited:
Back