ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shockwave looks good with the metallic paint applied to the feet, gun handle sides, thighs, and his ears. Takara should have went this route. Also what's up with Decepticon labels? We have to stick these on ourselves? Common now!
I think they left it up to us to apply the Decepticon stickers for Shockwave because of the inconsistency between the toy, cartoon robot mode and cartoon gun mode; there wasn't really a "right" way for the logos to appear. Either that, or someone at Takara-Tomy just really wanted those stupid poorly-drawn cartoon Decepticon logos that were also included (yet another sign they've gone off the deep end with cartoon accuracy).

Batteries arrived today for his light-up hand:

DSC_0043.jpgDSC_0022.jpgDSC_0032.jpg

Last edited:
If this isn't some kind of joke, it's a strange move from FT. Announcing a V2 of Slag before they've finished the first set probably isn't going to go down very well.

If it's legit then it's a waste of their resources, Scoria wasn't perfect, but it doesn't need a V2 either especially so soon after the original.

The renders suggest the new one takes several hints from Giga Power's aesthetic so it's not something I'd be intrested in.

If anything, I think he scales better than Scoria did with the rest of the FT dinos....

ftdino.jpg

But yeah, weird that they are releasing a V2 so quick and with another name....

Looking at that pic though, I LOVE how they all look great together, and to me at least, Scoria never looked great. I think I might be selling my GIGA Guttur. While great, at the pace they are going, they'll never release the god damn team at any point.

Last edited:
If anything, I think he scales better than Scoria did with the rest of the FT dinos....

View attachment 256480

Looking at that pic though, I LOVE how they all look great together, and to me at least, Scoria never looked great. I think I might be selling my GIGA Guttur. While great, at the pace they are going, they'll never release the god damn team at any point.

I like the robot mode aesthetic a bit more than Scoria's but I prefer Scoria's dinosaur mode.

If this new spinoff brand from FT can give us more new characters whilst maintaining the usual FT standards for build quality then it'll be a worthwhile development.

View attachment 256480

This breaks my damn heart! Just bought the ft04-x Scoria. Never liked the dino mode but preferred it over giga power but now this?! Kill me!

Thanks fellas. I couldn't help myself and had to do a mockup of what I wish this Shockwave figure looked like alongside Starscream and Soundwave.

Takara-Tomy just got way too cartoon literal with this figure, in terms of fitting in with the other characters. The cartoon characters were more often than not based on the toys, so Takara needs to recognize that some colors or looks in the cartoon were a compromise for what's possible for hand-drawn animation. For example, Optimus Prime's smokestacks in the cartoon are white, but that's obviously because they can't draw chrome. Likewise, Shockwave's fist and hand canon were a pinkish hue because they couldn't draw translucent purple plastic. The fact that Takara-Tomy threw in a pair of solid pinkish fists, and used zero silver or chrome paint anywhere on the figure, shows they're getting way too literal with the cartoon.

Darker colors in the cartoon were often cheated lighter so that they would show up. Shockwave shouldn't be lavender anymore than Ramjet's black parts should be 25% grey. And his grey matte bits should be metal/chrome just as much as Soundwave's cassette buttons.

View attachment 256360

STELLAR!

Ok guys for those who want to save 30% off retail for Masterpiece Primal here is you chance.

The PO went up last night @ Anime Export
Transformers Masterpiece MP-32 - Optimus Primal

Here is the breakdown for ordering early and please remember they make you pay in full now.

Retail Price:
12000 Yen

Discount:
30 % OFF
Our Price:
8400 Yen

75.44 USD
68.45 EU

Please note that Paypal is essentially a bank. They charge to convert money from USD to YEN, or EU to YEN. The YEN has been trading higher the past couple months, which makes the YEN closer to the US dollar value.

Here is today's exact rate
Exchange rate: 1 U.S. Dollar = 108.758 Japanese Yen
¥8,400 JPY

I was charged 77.24USD today total.

Now I wait until MP Primal gets released, and then he will drop in my "pile of loot" They normally allow me 60-90 days, but they are very lenient as I always wait to ship at least two figures. Shipping two MP car sized boxes costs me 16.00USD for Express 4 day shipping.

This is just pure information for anyone who wants to read.

This pre order will be marked as SOLD out closed on 4-22-2016

It's his schtick... we get it!

:rolleyes2

Your schtick is constantly finding ways to have a dig at me whilst showing little to no intrest in discussing the subject matter of this thread.

After several months I think everybody gets that too.

Anyway,

I got Generations Rhinox in the post this morning and my initial impressions of it are good enough that I've also ordered Rattrap.

I'm not going to go much further into Beast Wars but an Optimus Primal and Megatron that scale with the other figures I've just bought would be cool if I can find them for a decent price.

Ok guys for those who want to save 30% off retail for Masterpiece Primal here is you chance.

The PO went up last night @ Anime Export
Transformers Masterpiece MP-32 - Optimus Primal

Here is the breakdown for ordering early and please remember they make you pay in full now.

Retail Price:
12000 Yen

Discount:
30 % OFF
Our Price:
8400 Yen

75.44 USD
68.45 EU

Please note that Paypal is essentially a bank. They charge to convert money from USD to YEN, or EU to YEN. The YEN has been trading higher the past couple months, which makes the YEN closer to the US dollar value.

Here is today's exact rate
Exchange rate: 1 U.S. Dollar = 108.758 Japanese Yen
¥8,400 JPY

I was charged 77.24USD today total.

Now I wait until MP Primal gets released, and then he will drop in my "pile of loot" They normally allow me 60-90 days, but they are very lenient as I always wait to ship at least two figures. Shipping two MP car sized boxes costs me 16.00USD for Express 4 day shipping.

This is just pure information for anyone who wants to read.

This pre order will be marked as SOLD out closed on 4-22-2016

I'm gonna wait for HLJ or Nippon-Yasan to put their pre-orders up.

I guess Fans Toys is doing a Scoria V2

1f65f71ecc936987216a2d917f99ecf4.jpg

He really was/is the weakest link.

Very pleased to hear this. I was already planning on getting FT's Not-Grimlock but wasn't interested in the other four unless Not-Slag was reissued. It's my understanding that this isn't a reissue nor is it being made by FT but rather a new company's take on Slag. I'm eager for more info.

This is what it's all about, right here. Great post. :duff

Same. It's not much different than I how treat Hot Toys. Newly created third party figures that fill a gap in the licensed output is one thing, but recasting is a form of piracy I don't support.

I wish Hot Toys would announce a Megatron to match the current Prime. I'd be all set with just those two.

Got the all clear from the doctor today, so what better way to celebrate than getting the two latest Transformers Masterpiece figures in Shockwave and Ramjet!! Love the folks over at Robotkingdom!! :)

Very pleased to hear this. I was already planning on getting FT's Not-Grimlock but wasn't interested in the other four unless Not-Slag was reissued. It's my understanding that this isn't a reissue nor is it being made by FT but rather a new company's take on Slag. I'm eager for more info.

This is what it's all about, right here. Great post. :duff

These guys are FT employees, like a subdivision as per the guys at TFW2005. They don't get why they are doing a 2.0 of the bot and it sounds like a way to do the entire Dinobots under this new subdivision of FT.

Back