ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want them to look like there counterparts as we remember them way back in the day. and not some revamped style that looks like devastator but is not

I went with UW Devastator. Not too fond with 3rd part stuff looking overly detailed and stylized. Constructor and Gravity Builder look like damn gundams.

Last edited:
If UK prices were more in line with what you guys pay I'd likely be much less picky, I just think that if I'm going to commit to a combiner I have to be 110% certain the one I go for is what I'll be happy with.

I had a new figure arrive today, my MMC Ravage is here!

Due to some unexpected bad news earlier in the day I've not really been in the mood to do too much with it and I haven't transformed it yet but I've had a look at the packaging and did a quick shot of him trying to fit in Soundwave :lol,
I think he's wishing he didn't buy a spare mass displacement circuit off Swindle :lol

The packaging is my new favorite on any Transformer, you can't get much more 80's than an actual cassette box and the instructions are the inlay sheet, Genius!

It does also come with a cardboard box and a styrofoam insert for the cassette box so it's nice and protected.

He's a very hefty figure for the size and from the official video the transformation looks like it's going to be an intresting one with an awesome jaguar mode at the end of it.

Yeah it def sux for you guys overseas on the prices!! Dunno how anyone can afford to stay in the hobby payin as much as you do!

My ravage is still in route... I guess that's one advantage that you guys tend to get your goods first! ;)

Yeah it def sux for you guys overseas on the prices!! Dunno how anyone can afford to stay in the hobby payin as much as you do!

My ravage is still in route... I guess that's one advantage that you guys tend to get your goods first! ;)

It's a juggling act, that's for sure. I resell a lot of stuff which is a big help and not trying to buy something from every line going also makes a difference....I did that when I first got back into Transformers around 2008 or so and had a bigger collection than I do now, but it was a lot less focused.

All I have now are MP style figures plus a small shelf of Classics scaled Wreckers based on the lineup from IDW's "Last Stand of the Wreckers" and I'm pretty content with that.

I have now transformed Ravage and I thought it was quite an intresting one to do. A leg popped off a ball joint which was a bit annoying but better that than an outright breakage and once everything is in the right place you are left with a beautiful rendition of Ravage.

Was it worth £37 shipped?

In an ideal world £20-£25 would have been better, but for a figure that's perhaps the first Ravage to feel like a proper figure and not a glorified accessory and that has a similar build quality to Fans Toys figures I'm satisfied enough.

I also think the idea for the packaging is a breath of fresh air and it won't take up much room either.

In the last 2-3 months I've bought 3 figures from MMC ( Mirage, Impactor & Ravage ) and have been very impressed, I think they're up there with Fans Toys and Badcube as one of the best Transformer companies and I'm really intrested to see how the rest of the tapes and Inferno turn out.

uploadfromtaptalk1455730177175.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730188104.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730198886.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730205699.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730213678.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730228764.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730234597.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730239121.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730254066.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730260318.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730269501.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455730274676.jpg

looks like that robot monkey has his junky hanging out! :lol

If that's a cartoon homage of some sort, I definitely don't want to watch Beast Wars :lol

I'm getting close to the end of my initial run throught the complete G1 box set I bought and am still enjoying, even though the 3rd series has had some terrible episodes and characters that aren't as memorable as those from earlier series.

One later episode that stands out in a good way is "Call of the Primitives" which looks better visually than literally every other episode. Anyone know why the animation quality was so much better for that story?

If that's a cartoon homage of some sort, I definitely don't want to watch Beast Wars :lol

I'm getting close to the end of my initial run throught the complete G1 box set I bought and am still enjoying, even though the 3rd series has had some terrible episodes and characters that aren't as memorable as those from earlier series.

One later episode that stands out in a good way is "Call of the Primitives" which looks better visually than literally every other episode. Anyone know why the animation quality was so much better for that story?

Is that the one where all the "animal" bots get together? (Even Trypticon?) I remember it looking great.

As compared to Starscream's Brigade, great episode. But the animation was crap.

sharing my MP-25 Tracks

IMG_20160211_143343.jpg

-good representation of Tracks in robot mode just like in the cartoons but you have to really apply a little pressure to
secure the head's flat base so it will lock on the chest...bad part the base doesnt have a support part on the back side
to keep it from popping backwards when you accidentaly tilt the head upward ( or once the lock becomes loose)

IMG_20160211_143528.jpg

-the side view isnt that good at all for me, he is too thin, and a lot of open holes that could have been covered by folding some small panels
on the back pack to make the illusion that its a "block" piece but naah....

IMG_20160211_143556.jpg

-even the panels that cover the waist doesnt do much to thicken the lower backside and the locking part near the waist hopefully wont breaks because
its just those thin parts that clips on.

IMG_20160211_150923.jpg

-here are my Autobots , looking forward to MP Ironhide.

MP RatBat

IMG_20151214_132616.jpg

-lucky enough to be able to get this one to complete my casettes

IMG_20151214_132310.jpg

-group shot of Soundwave's minions!

Is that the one where all the "animal" bots get together? (Even Trypticon?) I remember it looking great.

As compared to Starscream's Brigade, great episode. But the animation was crap.

That's it, by that point in the run I was used to the standard of animation so it stood out in a good way and the story was OK too. It's also notable for the only cartoon appearance of Slugfest & Overkill.

I finished off the rest of the G1 run last night and enjoyed "The Return of Optimus Prime" and "Rebirth" was decent too, the Headmasters and Targetmasters added an intresting new dynamic to the show as it made the humans/Nebulans more useful.

My Fans Toys Reflector arrived a short while ago and I've just had an initial look to make sure everything's as it should be.

Robot modes look and feel great, there's less diecast than usual but the plastic quality is decent and each one feels nice and sturdy. Some of the joints are very tight ( mainly the hip flaps ) so extra care should be taken with those until they loosen a bit.

Paint apps are also great, the green used on the chests is slightly metallic which looks good when the light hits it right but I still prefer what Make Toys did with the chests on their version. On the flipside I prefer the grey that FT have used over the cream that Make Toys went with.

FT get a lot of flak for their facesculpts but most of it is unwarranted. Of the 3 different faces (stoic, smirking, laughing) you get for each robot only the laughing one looks a bit meh but those types of expression always tend to be hit & miss no matter who does them. I went with the stoic face for all 3 but it was easy enough to swap them over so I'll change them around every so often.

The biggest issue I've had so far concerns the pistols as they're a bit tricky to get tabbed into place. They do go eventually and stay tabbed in very well, it's just a bit scary as if you put too much pressure in the wrong place there's a chance the thumb of the hand could break.

The mini camera is nice and 3 more Energon cubes like the ones that came with the Insecticons are also welcome, FT should sell them in packs of 10.

I haven't transformed it yet but I've had a quick look at the various camera bits and they all seem to be well made, I won't use the guns made from those parts as they look a bit silly IMO.

So far so good!

Back