ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my last review for the wave 1 TF Combiner Wars figures, and it's definitely a case of leaving the worst til last! LOL!! I really hate the bot mode with this figure, but the alt mode is not so bad.

Also, keep in mind that Fans Toys will make changes that will have more toon aesthetic (based on Scoria, Soar, and Sever). For sure, the neck will be solid gold chrome (not translucent), and based on the silhouette of their Grimlock, the shoulders in bot mode will sit much lower on the body than MP-08. Hopefully they finish the line of dinobots in the next 18 months!

:goodpost:

I never really had an issue with MP08's shoulders whilst it was the only Dinobot in town but I prefer the way FT have done Scoria and Sever's and they'll presumably do the same with Sludge and Grimlock.

18 months seems a reasonable estimate for the other 2.

Sever's not too far off release now and they're doing Perceptor and Reflector after that so I think we might see a reveal of at least Sludge this year with a first quarter 2016 release then Grimlock after that.

:goodpost:

I never really had an issue with MP08's shoulders whilst it was the only Dinobot in town but I prefer the way FT have done Scoria and Sever's and they'll presumably do the same with Sludge and Grimlock.

18 months seems a reasonable estimate for the other 2.

Sever's not too far off release now and they're doing Perceptor and Reflector after that so I think we might see a reveal of at least Sludge this year with a first quarter 2016 release then Grimlock after that.

but 2016 is so far awaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy :gah:

Also I cant seem to pick who i should get between prowl and smokescreen :/ i loved both of them as a kid but i only wanna get one of that mold

I would go with Prowl. He's the most "iconic" of the Fairlady variants. Smokescreen does pop on the shelf, though. The actual best mold is from Bluestreak, though!

All things transformers!!!!

So,

Has anybody here that ordered Ultimetal Optimus Prime got a notice, a shipping ETA, etc?

Jesus, I got this thing PAID FOR (since November) and all I get from RK is that it's been delayed and that they don't know jack.

Anybody?

The TF2005 thread on it is DEAD.

I would go with Prowl. He's the most "iconic" of the Fairlady variants. Smokescreen does pop on the shelf, though. The actual best mold is from Bluestreak, though!

I hope I can post some of my TF pics here. If not mod can remove them.

I'm not into Smokescreen so didn't bother adding him to my collection. But Prowl and Silverstreak are very nice. Prowl being one of my favourites as a child. Silverstreak just looks damn good and I like the repro label symbols I put on him.
16315735716_6fe433de64_o.jpg

Rolling out:
15965384158_44c67c0ded_o.jpg

Duel:
16127035166_c33f09a98a_o.jpg

Because:
15967065407_18e9294f81_o.jpg

Aftermath:
16076540708_0ef2ea0162_o.jpg

Wheeljack has a new gal:
16032098128_a518f1d5b0_o.jpg

16238150006_72e653d32a_o.jpg

Springer vs Prime:
15644170573_b448ff8437_o.jpg

My display a few weeks ago (I think, I keep changing things!)
16037399230_c714bfac2b_o.jpg

Somebody asked Badcube about a rerelease of their Huffer on their Facebook page and recieved this answer,

"After 2015, schedule too full this year, will be better quality."

Excellent news. All they need to do is make sure the paint apps on the chest and thighs aren't as dodgy and perhaps increase the size of the pegs slightly on a couple of the leg panels so they stay tabbed in more securely and they're golden.

With those issues sorted there's also potential for retooling into Pipes.

I'm also very intrested to see what else they have on their plate for 2015 aside from Warpath.

EDIT
Badcube's other figures for 2015 are INSECTICONS!,

Kickback is called Kickbutt
Shrapnel is called Claymore
Bombshell is called Hypno

:yess:

Cool. Almost excellent G1 representation with a few quirks. But maybe it's just me.

In alt mode: Kickback's front legs look pitifully small and weird for some reason, but Bombshell and Shrapnel are just about perfect.

In bot mode: Bombshell's legs look off, but Kickback and Shrapnel are just about perfect.

Overall, I'm still quite impressed by them. Though I would probably wait until an official release (if or when it happens). My bleeding wallet can't handle this now...

Now a showcase presentation:
15966476527_af93340a48_o.jpg

Badcube's other figures for 2015 are INSECTICONS!,

Kickback is called Kickbutt
Shrapnel is called Claymore
Bombshell is called Hypno

:yess:

I saw those Insecticons on their FB page this afternoon; it was quite a surprise! I think they look fantastic, and I'll likely be sticking an order in once they go up. Would love to see how they scale with other MP figs.

13160008-C38C-49AA-AD18-76E6E096CE6C_1422204266.jpg8FA33D2E-CE0F-4457-8D61-04B1D18F2BB4_1422204266.jpg7364474A-27A9-43D3-AA5A-360F962AF07A_1422204266.jpg

NeoMatter,
I agree on Kickback's front legs but maybe there's time for them to be tweaked.

If not then I'll still be happy enough as mine will be in robot mode for the most part and I'm fine with all 3.

With 3rd party versions of Megatron, the Insecticons and Reflector all on the way the season 1 Decepticon lineup will be even closer to completion in MP style by the end of the year.

If Takara also announce their MP11 Thundercracker that'll be everyone except the Constructicons/Devastator.

Misterscruff,
I was also suprised as I was expecting more Minibots but I'm very pleased they're doing the Insecticons.

I think they'll be round about the same size as Brawny in robot mode which is in line with the scale chart.

Wow, those Insecticons look great! I'm in.

Badcube really hit these out of the park, as far as I'm concerned - I keep coming back to this thread and the one at TFW, and have made the mistake of thinking they were by FansToys more than once, lol!

Even if official ones come along, I don't mind having extras. They're kind of army-builders, after all. :)

They are Old Timer series which I believe is their 'Masterpiece' line?

But they should be a little taller than BB, but shorter than Brawn. That would be a good size for them.

I really do think they did a great job representing them. But I'll probably wait and see first. I rather spend the funds building a fembot army at the moment. :p

Back