ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd wait.

I think there'll be enough demand for a FT Grimlock that they'll decide to make one but the earliest we'll see an announcement is probably the latter half of next year.

That said if you can get a Takara MP08 or the original Hasbro release for a decent price in the meantime it's still a very nice toy, the platform shoes that come with Scoria aren't a perfect solution to the scale difference but it'll do the job until a complete new one gets made.

Avoid the upcoming Hasbro rerelease of MP08 like the plague because it looks like it's being cast in that light grey plastic they use that makes everything look cheap & nasty.

The actual bootleg MP08 looks nicer than that although I'm not sure on the quality of the parts.

EDIT
Gobot Cy-Kill makes an unexpected return,

Apparently it's the same size as the Masterpiece Nissans in robot mode and will cost $100.

Cool idea, it looks good in bot mode, wish the face looked a little more menacing, but the cycle mode, although it looks nice, doesn't give me a cykill vibe at all. Is this a one off or going to be part of a new series launch?

Scoria is looking right on target. I reeeaaaallly hope they do Grimlock eventually, cause they just made the MP look gimpy in comparison. :lol They do look better together in Dino mode though.

I like the overall design of that Cykill, but it's way too big to put next to the MPs. The wheels alone are probably about twice as big as anything on the cars so far.

7tvfn.jpg
So... yeah...

Face looks abit "special". :lol

I would like to see another angle aside from the front.

I take it you mean the Giga Power Snarl.

Until more is known about it I think it's premature to make any real decisions on it.

The aesthetic of the robot mode looks good and the scale is impressive but I'd never buy anything from a new company based on that alone.

I also need to see the alt mode, what materials are being used in it's construction, a projected release date, what accessories there are, final paint apps and the all important price and even then I wouldn't make any decision until in hand reviews are available of a production sample.

FT's overall package for Scoria is so good that just being bigger doesn't guarantee Giga Power will attract enough customers to ensure sales are good enough for them to go on and complete the whole team.

GP have shown silhouettes of all 5 but they're easy to Photoshop and no guarantee of anything particularly if the first one doesn't sell as well as they hope.

I wouldn't write them off yet but FT have a significant advantage due to the brand loyalty that Quakewave brought them.

Lol yeah Snarl I meant p
I'd agree with you. FT track record speaks for itself. It's really annoying though how we have all these TP companies churning out the Dinobots and all look incredible. Like you say; do you hedge your bets with Giga Power in the vague chance they make all 5 or FT who we can guarantee MP level quality and perhaps a better chance of getting the full team? Oh and then there's whoever that company is who's just released athe proto of swoop..........sheeeeeesh

All things transformers!!!!

For me Bumblebee is as vital to my Autobot collection as Starscream is to my Decepticon collection. I'm only buying a handful of Autobot cars but Bee is on my must have list even though he is far from being one of my favorite characters. Looks like he is going to be a great addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it seems that the "g1 faceplate (the one that shows 0 emotion)" is an amazon.jp exclusive.

Robotkingdom, here I go!
9u6ybazy.jpg

Re: All things transformers!!!!

I really dig the facial expressions on Bumblebee. The smile definitely captures the spirit of the character.

And it seems that the "g1 faceplate (the one that shows 0 emotion)" is an amazon.jp exclusive.

Robotkingdom, here I go!
9u6ybazy.jpg

Damn, that's a pretty neat exclusive. I've got a G1 Bumblebee on top of my desk. But I would never pose him with that face, so I guess I'll just go the cheaper route and get it through HLJ.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

I really dig the facial expressions on Bumblebee. The smile definitely captures the spirit of the character.

Damn, that's a pretty neat exclusive. I've got a G1 Bumblebee on top of my desk. But I would never pose him with that face, so I guess I'll just go the cheaper route and get it through HLJ.

Is hlj cheaper than kingdom? Never bought from there.

I just checked out their Wheeljack. Using current currency rates, Wheeljack is about $50 from HLJ, and $60 from Robot Kingdom. I guess it's worth an extra $10 for the faceplate, though. Are they a U.S.-based company? HLJ ships directly from Japan, but shipping is very reasonable.

--edit: I just checked shipping, and RK is higher than HLJ, so you would end up paying $15-20 more for a single figure when all is said and done for the extra accessory.

I just checked out their Wheeljack. Using current currency rates, Wheeljack is about $50 from HLJ, and $60 from Robot Kingdom. I guess it's worth an extra $10 for the faceplate, though. Are they a U.S.-based company? HLJ ships directly from Japan, but shipping is very reasonable.

I buy all my MP transformers from Robot Kingdom. They are based in Hong Kong, and always get the exclusive accessories and coins. Their prices are reasonable, and shipping protection and speed are awesome.

Shipping estimate for Smokescreen is $20 for air parcel, and $30 for EMS from RK, so it's about $10 cheaper to ship either way from HLJ. . .I might still bite the bullet and get one Bumblebee from them, though, and 2 more from HLJ.

I've never used EMS tbh ($10 cheaper I guess) and yes, I get my figs a little later (7 days or so) but always extremely well packed. And yes, they add the ex. Pieces on a first come first served basis, unlike BBTS or any other American based store.
Got wheeljack and all the datsuns from them.

Nonetheless, HLJ sounds like something I should def. check for other figures.

HLJ ships super fast, and the prices (including shipping prices) are low, so that's a good method if you don't care about the exclusive so much. I added three Smokescreens to my cart, and RK gives me an EMS estimate of $55. I ordered three Prowls from them, and the shipping cost for EMS was $18.

Back