ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why you would. From my understanding, they are purposely limited to keep the value high (after which no more will ever be made ever), and made from high quality materials by a real fan the shows. You must not have heard!
Yup, favoring the aftermarket, resellers and scalpers over your own customers, is a quick way to make me not want to do buisness with you.

Does anyone have any scale references between Optimus and Ultra Magnus? Is Magnus actually taller than Prime in the cartoon? I don't remember that clearly, they looked the same to me.

Based on this picture teased a while back of the MP 21:
5ebyhy7u.jpg

He does in fact seem to be towering prime. Yes, I know there's an armor on a MP10 basically, but is this cartoon accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he was always a bit taller than Optimus and Rodimus.In the cartoon though,it could vary.

Attachments

• TF.jpg
    TF.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 215
THAT is how Megatron is supposed to look! Is this one of those ultra detailed non-transforming figures?

Yeah.. Having this and Prime would be awesome but it's just not gonna happen! Lol.. I'll go sit back in my corner and wait for a proper MP Megatron..

I'd grab this even without the transformation, I would never have him displayed in his alt mode anyway.

That's the kind of thinking in staring to develop here as well. They both could make for outstanding display pieces w/o the need for an alt mode really. They will def. own the shelf.

Yeah.. Having this and Prime would be awesome but it's just not gonna happen! Lol.. I'll go sit back in my corner and wait for a proper MP Megatron..

I'd grab this even without the transformation, I would never have him displayed in his alt mode anyway.

Agreed. Me 3.

Cool pic, but no Silverstreak? I have to admit, that Megs looks pretty great. I don't care much for non-transformable Transformers, but having two massive, awesome looking G1 icons like that would be pretty sweet.

They look good, but at a size like that, and having to shell out 800-900 buck for each, I think I'd rather take my chance and wait for a 3rd party or TT Megatron thats in scale with the current MP figures.

Anybody got these figures yet:

dr-wu-partners-03_1339560114.jpg

Cool pic, but no Silverstreak? I have to admit, that Megs looks pretty great. I don't care much for non-transformable Transformers, but having two massive, awesome looking G1 icons like that would be pretty sweet.

Thanks. Unfortunately I only have enough room to display these guys now. So I rotate Tigertracks and Silverstreak in from time to time. G2 Swipe is really becoming my favorite. He has such a great presence and his paint job is so glossy looking. I bought a third:slap

Fu fu fu fuu*k. That Megatron. It is going to do some very bad things to my wallet. At least that Um Prime is expensive. Though I could wait the V2 MP Megatron if it would look as nice and also being able to transform. But what if it never happens because of the gun issues and whatnot? I'm not getting Prime since it looks much like MP-10. Has the Prime being released yet?

Yup, favoring the aftermarket, resellers and scalpers over your own customers, is a quick way to make me not want to do buisness with you.

Yeah, that's not really doing it with the best intentions is it :lol

In any case those Prime heads look mediocre and Skyfire is a character that's,

A) Got no importance to me in terms of nostalgia.

B) One that Fans Toys will inevitably do better anyway.

So there's no reason for me to give a **** about what Daca Toys do.

The general aesthetic of Ultimetal Megatron looks more or less how I want the V2 Masterpiece to look in robot mode, were it the right scale I'd buy it to go with my Masterpieces but it's way too big.

Solid_Slug.
There is no gun issue, or not from Takara's POV there isn't as they can sell a new Masterpiece Megatron that turns into a realistic looking gun in their markets.

The whole reason for the upcoming Generations Leader Class IDW Megatron is likely because Takara have told Hasbro about a new Masterpiece which they can't release because of the alt mode so they've developed a new large scale Megatron with a G1 style robot mode that turns into a tank instead which fits with his current comic look.

Parents buying for kids in TRU won't care it's not a gun, Hasbro don't get any bad publicity so their legal team is happy and most fans that care enough to want the actual V2 Masterpiece will pay for an imported Takara figure with an orange plug.

The ones that don't will whine about the situation on forums or convince themselves the original Masterpiece or the Generations Leader Class is the better figure :lol

The only question I have over a new Masterpiece Megatron is WHEN, rather than if it happens.

With Ultra Magnus on the horizon I think Galvatron might be first.

Hydeous,
Yeah, I've had 'em for a while.

That megatron is pretty sweet. And I agree with Yoshi, I wouldn't have him displayed in gun mode anyway. I just wish the real MP megs was better built. Mine has the constant lean due to his arm canon, an I can never get his left shoulder to latch in correctly.

Back