ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any Prime, so YoH will be my first.
Still a good Prime, though, if you are impressed with engineering, check out trying to find the MP-01 mold. It can be found for decent prices and it's a great figure in general.
Also enough die cast to crush a skull possibly.

A lot of people seem to dislike the size of MP01 comparatively to Mp10, but Prime originally was a lot larger than most of the other guys, so to me MP01 is more accurate than 10 in size. I happen to also like diecast and feel it gives it more a heft to the figure, than feel plasticy. If mp10 was at least die cast for the same price, I'd might be singing a different tune.

There were plenty of inconsistencies in the animation but as the above reference chart shows, Prime didn't tower over the other Autobots to the extent MP01 does with the Lamborghinis and Nissans.

MP01 was great at the time and I still think the robot mode looks nicer than MP10's, but like MP05 it's too big for the rebooted Masterpiece line.

Diecast is OK if used sparingly in a sensible place ie the lower legs or feet.

If it's overused it can create various problems as I have already mentioned with MP01.

I don't get this mentality that a heavier toy instantly makes it a better product, FT's QuakeWave would have been just as awesome without the diecast and it's likely that Slag will be the same.

Cubex Huffer is one of the lightest TF's I've ever owned, but it doesn't stop it being one of the best. If it had been much heavier it would never have been able to stand in robot mode because the truck cab part would have overbalanced it at the back. As it is, Huffer can balance on one leg.

I rather think MP01 fits the scale size perfectly with the current MP cars and not MP10. I'm not dogging mp10 by any means, just have a rather strong preference to MP01. I feel it is better product and certainly came at a lower cost, even with the diecast. I do get that people prefer to have their figures to be all in scale with each other, but I feel in this case, mp01 is appropriate.

I rather think MP01 fits the scale size perfectly with the current MP cars and not MP10. I'm not dogging mp10 by any means, just have a rather strong preference to MP01. I feel it is better product and certainly came at a lower cost, even with the diecast. I do get that people prefer to have their figures to be all in scale with each other, but I feel in this case, mp01 is appropriate.

Fair enough on the preference of design and scale but I would disagree on the cost issue.

The first Takara release of MP01 was in 2003.

The first Hasbro release of MP01 was in 2004.

A decade ago the prices of the raw materials weren't so high and Transformers were cheaper.

If MP01 was released today as a completely new toy made from the same materials it would be at least twice the original cost and probably more.

If you take the change in development costs into consideration comparing MP01 & MP10 by cost doesn't really work.

the things that sold me on mp10 were the scale and headscuplt+neck.
my mp01 keeps keeling over because of the weight forcing me to do a wide stance.
the mp10 does not have this problem and has a better looking alt mode.
also not a big fan of the pistons. not looking down on mp01 but i just like the mp10 better.

Does anyone have any pic comparisons between takara mp10 vs hasbros?
See, I was never able to find one here locally (I have the takara) but I heard the paint apps are way better on the TRU version. Is this true? Someone is willing to sell me his (TRU) for )$110(opened), and I think is a hell of a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmn. Liking the eyes on the Hasbro version. Not sure if enough to warrant a purchase though.

All things transformers!!!!

Does anyone have any pic comparisons between takara mp10 vs hasbros?
See, I was never able to find one here locally (I have the takara) but I heard the paint apps are way better on the TRU version. Is this true? Someone is willing to sell me his (TRU) for )$110(opened), and I think is a hell of a deal

Honestly if you have the Takara version, I'd just put your money into upcoming the MP's and 3rd party stuff. It's a great mold for sure. But unless you are planning to display both robot and alt modes, how many Optimii do need? You never know when you might need the spare cash for an emergency or towards another purchase.

Back