ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the sad thing, is it is becuase of incompetant law enforcement. officers shooting kids playing in thier yard with toy guns.
That's a bit of a simplistic take. Law enforcement officers put their lives on the line constantly, and can't always afford to take chances. And youths will shoot and kill in this day and age. In some situations, an officer may not be able to discern a kid's age or intentions for a number of reasons. I personally don't mind the law, in a gun-happy country like the U.S. where it is conceivable that anyone might have access to, and the willingness to use a gun. If it saves one life then it's certainly worth whatever measures are in place.

I've known a few good cops, and I've know a few crappy, incompetent ones as well.
I get there is no easy answer. I'm simply stating why the rule is on the books.

That's a bit of a simplistic take. Law enforcement officers put their lives on the line constantly, and can't always afford to take chances. And youths will shoot and kill in this day and age. In some situations, an officer may not be able to discern a kid's age or intentions for a number of reasons. I personally don't mind the law, in a gun-happy country like the U.S. where it is conceivable that anyone might have access to, and the willingness to use a gun. If it saves one life then it's certainly worth whatever measures are in place.

That's a myth.

Being a police officer is far safer than being a roofer, fisherman, truck driver or a farmer. Aircraft pilots are more than three times as likely to die on the job. The largest danger for police is from simply being on the road, on average they are twice as likely to be killed by a bolt of lighting than being shot. In fact, violent crime rates have been plummeting and the number of modern police officers killed by gunfire hasn't been lower since 1887.

Not that this is the place for some great debate on this issue, but why do you think it is that gun deaths of officers are so low? In large part, because officers don't take many chances, and there is a support system in place to help protect them. Laws exist to protect them, such as the toy gun law, but there is also education, training, policy, and procedure that minimizes threats to the well-being of officers. And that stuff improves all the time, with advances in technology, intelligence, and research and analysis.

Has anyone gotten YotH Prime yet? Thinking of shipping my MP Cons off and just going Autobots only.

FINALLY got MP-10, the Hasbro version. And I'm sad to say I don't like it as much as I thought I would. The mold's good, but not great like I was expecting. Colors are slightly off from what pictures suggest in person too. I dunno. I kinda feel like I overpaid for it, and at 150 it's a pretty good deal, even. I was way more blown away by Prowl and Grimlock. Disappointing too, I really wanted to love it.

FINALLY got MP-10, the Hasbro version. And I'm sad to say I don't like it as much as I thought I would. The mold's good, but not great like I was expecting. Colors are slightly off from what pictures suggest in person too. I dunno. I kinda feel like I overpaid for it, and at 150 it's a pretty good deal, even. I was way more blown away by Prowl and Grimlock. Disappointing too, I really wanted to love it.
My feelings about MP-10 wax and wane. Sometimes I think he's great, sometimes I think he's lacking or awkward in some ways. I don't think he matches up to some of the other recent MP figures.

My convoy complete version (mp04) will remain my favorite prime ever. The weight and size of that box when I first got it.... Ah man...
Mp10 is cool, but overpriced. Way overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never bothered with MP10 as I feel he's inferior already to the original MP prime, both in size and in quality, AND in price.
I think the scale is one of the biggest draws for me, because he can be displayed with the other figures. And the quality seems fine on my figure, though obviously he isn't metal and doesn't have the heft that the first MP Prime did. Price, well. . .I lucked out and got him for $80 from the local TRU, but I know most didn't have that opportunity. My issues are really with the aesthetic design. I love that he's so articulated, and like I said, sometimes I look at him and really just love the look. But sometimes I find that he looks off somehow, though I'm hard pressed to point my finger at what it is. Overall I definitely think the pros outweigh the cons though, and he's essential to anyone collecting the other MP figures.

I'm still waiting on images for FT Skyfire, if that's what they end up calling him.

FT don't tend to release images until the figures are already in production and close to shipping, a lesson they learned very quickly after showing off their MP Soundwave months before release only to see Takara kill it by announcing the official one.

I'm not sure if they've said whether Swoop or Skyfire is next after Slag.

MP10 has a nice truck mode but the robot mode is vastly overrated.

That said I messed around with a friend's recently and I think it does have a couple of things going for it,

1.The scale is much better than MP01.
( MP01 was too big. I don't think it was designed with many other characters on the drawing board to potentially display with him whereas MP10 was intended as the starting point for the new focus on scale. )

2.Virtually no diecast.
( The diecast torso of MP01 created all sorts of balancing issues which neutered much of the articulation and caused QC issues with paint chipping. )

It seems clear to me that at the outset, Takara didn't plan on the MP line going very far. It was going to be a small handful of the most iconic Transformers done in a really impressive way--both in terms of detail, accuracy to original models of some kind, and size. Now, the size issue has taken a back seat to uniformity of scale for the purpose of larger displays. But at the end of the day, if I'm to make an argument for the most impressive Optimus, most worthy of being called a "Masterpiece," then that is MP-01.

A lot of people seem to dislike the size of MP01 comparatively to Mp10, but Prime originally was a lot larger than most of the other guys, so to me MP01 is more accurate than 10 in size. I happen to also like diecast and feel it gives it more a heft to the figure, than feel plasticy. If mp10 was at least die cast for the same price, I'd might be singing a different tune.

I really like both MP-01 and MP-10

Both have pros and cons, but I wouldn't be without either :)

Bob

MP-01 will always have a special place for me. Getting it as a kid, the size and weight of it was just impressive. It's one of those toys that everyone needs to experience.

MP-10 is great for setting a scale for future releases, allowing for them to be played with together.

Back