ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like MP Soundblaster and interested to see what the next Hasbro MP will be.

I will freely admit it - I preordered Soundblaster mainly so I could get Ratbat, but it helps that he was an onscreen character. Sure, so was Acid Storm, technically, but if I bought every Seeker MP out there it would just burn me out. All I really need is Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. Otherwise, my display just gets cluttered up with too many repaints! I would get the Coneheads, though.

I could see Hasbro releasing Soundblaster, actually. I suppose, if the cars are still off the table, maybe they'd do another Seeker (hopefully Skywarp). I don't think anything else is available to them, is it?

Thanks man :)

The covenant of Primus was actually featured originally in Beast Wars, it's basically a chronicle of the History of the Transformers & covers the 13 Primes

I think there are a few video reviews on Youtube for it but I can't link them as it's firewalled at work :(

Well worth picking up though IMO

Let us know what you think. This sort of thing can go either way for me... I guess there's just too many G1 continuities out there for my tastes, things get all jumbled and confusing, and stuff like this (even IDW) can come off as almost fan fiction-ish.

One thing I really need to do is read the old Marvel and Marvel UK series, though... I should really start looking on Amazon for collected versions.

How's your daughter with your figures? Mine will go back to the collection area and pick them out one by one (she's two) and asks "who's this guy?" I love it! :)

I am careful to only have mainline TFs and MOTUC figures (not the really expensive ones) within reach, though. TMNT is a favourite too, I've noticed.

Err guys was just looking round on Kapow Toys & has anyone seen this...

utsoundmixer.jpg

Apparently coming from a company called Unique Toys & they are calling him Sound Mixer
He's going to be about 7-8 inches tall & is up for pre-order at £65

He'll be almost the same scale as the MP cars but if I'm honest is a little too small...

utsoundmixer1.jpg

Still hopefully this bodes well for a bigger version.

Neil

Looks nice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Blaster being about that size sometimes in the old cartoon? I prefer mine to be bigger, personally - and quite frankly, I'm not in any real rush, either. I fully expect Takara to tackle Blaster at some point, or FansToys. Either will be superior to this, I'm sure - not that this looks bad or anything, of course! It'd make a really nice Classics Blaster, that's for sure.

It was F'ING HUGE. I think it was one of the original shipping cases that Lee would have recieved from his supplier as it was big enough to get 2 of the figures in whilst still in their regular brown shippers.

Incidentally I showed my Mum the pic of Chloe playing with the box and she told me that I did something similar when I got an Action Man aircraft as a Christmas present when I was a nipper :lol

£35 for those is pretty good value. I keep looking at the 3rd party Squawktalk and Beastbox set just to add a couple more Decepticons whilst I'm waiting for Megatron V2 and Insecticons.

Lol sounds massive.

Ha that's quality, I reckon I would have probably done the same myself as a kid...probably would now if the boxes were big enough ;) lol

That would be a good way to add some bulk to the sadly lacking MP decepticon line up.
You sold the Cone heads in the end didn't you??

Let us know what you think. This sort of thing can go either way for me... I guess there's just too many G1 continuities out there for my tastes, things get all jumbled and confusing, and stuff like this (even IDW) can come off as almost fan fiction-ish.

One thing I really need to do is read the old Marvel and Marvel UK series, though... I should really start looking on Amazon for collected versions.

How's your daughter with your figures? Mine will go back to the collection area and pick them out one by one (she's two) and asks "who's this guy?" I love it! :)

I am careful to only have mainline TFs and MOTUC figures (not the really expensive ones) within reach, though. TMNT is a favourite too, I've noticed.

Looks nice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Blaster being about that size sometimes in the old cartoon? I prefer mine to be bigger, personally - and quite frankly, I'm not in any real rush, either. I fully expect Takara to tackle Blaster at some point, or FansToys. Either will be superior to this, I'm sure - not that this looks bad or anything, of course! It'd make a really nice Classics Blaster, that's for sure.

Will do buddy.
Yeah I tend to find that it's very hit or miss with some of the comics these days, I tend to find that unless Furman is involved then it can be a bit much as the history just doesn't seem that consistent.

As a long time UK reader (obviously ;) lol) I can recommend grabbing the collections.
I still have an almost full collection of the original comics, they are a bit tatty from plenty of reading & tbh pretty bad storage (I was little & didn't know what they'd be like in years to come) but they are treasured :)

At the moment she hasn't really seen any of the figures, they are all away pending a move to a bigger property but once we get settled then we'll see.
She is ok & does listen well & she hasn't broken any of her toys yet ;) lol
It's her cousin who will be the issue, she has little control & just doesn't listen, her mum doesn't really take much of interest in her & it's sad but it really shows in her behavior.
Anything valuable will be well out of the way whatever happens.

I think the scale of Blaster was literally all over the shop IIRC in the cartoon but I do seem to remember he being similar in size to Soundwave so I'd want one at least that big, he does look good but just a a bit too small.

I had something arrive today which is pretty funky :)

On another forum I frequent we did a Secret Santa & unfortunately my gift was delayed due to some Customs Issues but it finally arrived today & I think it's awesome...

Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Neil

soundwave,
It crossed my mind to jump in the big HT box but my family think I'm weird enough as it is so I decided against it :lol

I did sell the Coneheads but only because I needed quick cash to buy a HT Hawkeye after being scammed out of the original one I pre-ordered from an unscrupulous ebay seller. At that point prices for Hawkeye were just starting to rise but I got one for £230 which compared to what it goes for now wasn't too bad.

If Takara ever did Coneheads with the MP11 mold as the base I'd consider getting them if they were a bit more stable than iGear's which looked great but were tricky to pose because the wings caused a few balance problems. Thrust was my favorite one.

The Squawktalk and Beastbox set are currently £20 on Kapow so if I've a bit of spare cash at the end of the month I'll pick 'em up.

Gotta get my Wheeljacks ordered first though!

I wonder if they'll do Marlboor and Slicer to get some more use out of the mold?

I'd get both to go on a shelf with Tigertrack, G2 Sideswipe and ( if made ) blue Bluestreak.

I like the t-shirt, it's like a checklist for what Masterpieces I want!

soundwave,
It crossed my mind to jump in the big HT box but my family think I'm weird enough as it is so I decided against it :lol

I did sell the Coneheads but only because I needed quick cash to buy a HT Hawkeye after being scammed out of the original one I pre-ordered from an unscrupulous ebay seller. At that point prices for Hawkeye were just starting to rise but I got one for £230 which compared to what it goes for now wasn't too bad.

If Takara ever did Coneheads with the MP11 mold as the base I'd consider getting them if they were a bit more stable than iGear's which looked great but were tricky to pose because the wings caused a few balance problems. Thrust was my favorite one.

The Squawktalk and Beastbox set are currently £20 on Kapow so if I've a bit of spare cash at the end of the month I'll pick 'em up.

Gotta get my Wheeljacks ordered first though!

I wonder if they'll do Marlboor and Slicer to get some more use out of the mold?

I'd get both to go on a shelf with Tigertrack, G2 Sideswipe and ( if made ) blue Bluestreak.

I like the t-shirt, it's like a checklist for what Masterpieces I want!

Lol Would have been hilarious to see :)

I thought you did, can't say I blame you, Hawkeye is at bonkers prices now, one of the most un-expected big sellers in HT history if you ask me...don't think any of us saw it coming lol
I remember you saying about the scam, that really sucks been there myself & it's not nice.

I would love some Coneheads but I'll wait now to see if Takara do pick up the mantle.

Blimey that's cheap, might add them to the (not) Ratbat order.
I'm sorely tempted to get another Wheeljack from Anime Export...I think he looks amazing & might make me start double dipping, I think the car mode will be immense

I hope they do make the recolours I'd like to see more than one version

Lol thanks I love it.
My dad bet me I couldn't name them all...I have no idea what he was thinking...like I'd have a problem lol

I opened up my Covenant of Primus today & it's actually not that bad...

The inside is lovely, good quality paper, well bound & some awesome pieces of art.
Only downside...it's heavily influenced by 'Bay, the War & Fall Games & the current Prime cartoon :(

I'm looking forward to reading it still.

Neil

Thanks for posting the pics, Neil.

It looks beautiful. You're edging me closer to buying this. Its like 40% off on Amazon right now, so tempting.

Thanks for posting the pics, Neil.

It looks beautiful. You're edging me closer to buying this. Its like 40% off on Amazon right now, so tempting.

No problems man happy to help.

Lol it's a mad price & it does look lovely when you open it up & there are some fine pieces of art in there.

Would it help sway you if i said that in the instructions it says you can wall mount the Insignia ;)
You have to take the book out & can't open it once it's up but you can mount it :) lol

Lol Would have been hilarious to see :)

I thought you did, can't say I blame you, Hawkeye is at bonkers prices now, one of the most un-expected big sellers in HT history if you ask me...don't think any of us saw it coming lol
I remember you saying about the scam, that really sucks been there myself & it's not nice.

I would love some Coneheads but I'll wait now to see if Takara do pick up the mantle.

Blimey that's cheap, might add them to the (not) Ratbat order.
I'm sorely tempted to get another Wheeljack from Anime Export...I think he looks amazing & might make me start double dipping, I think the car mode will be immense

I hope they do make the recolours I'd like to see more than one version

Lol thanks I love it.
My dad bet me I couldn't name them all...I have no idea what he was thinking...like I'd have a problem lol

I opened up my Covenant of Primus today & it's actually not that bad...

The inside is lovely, good quality paper, well bound & some awesome pieces of art.
Only downside...it's heavily influenced by 'Bay, the War & Fall Games & the current Prime cartoon :(

I'm looking forward to reading it still.

Neil
I think the only reason Hawkeye shot up in price was cause he is essentially part of a set that a whole bunch of people, including me, wanted. I was lucky and got him for retail after he came out.

The coneheads are probably the only seekers, other than Skywarp, that I would buy. I still can't even bring myself to get Acidstorm now that he is discounted.

That book looks really nice! Might have to pick it up later.

Fantastic pic Hound. Really highlights the strengths of this mold/figure. I opened Smokescreen a couple days ago, and he's just what he is supposed to be, though I prefer the other guys quite a bit more.

No problems man happy to help.

Lol it's a mad price & it does look lovely when you open it up & there are some fine pieces of art in there.

Would it help sway you if i said that in the instructions it says you can wall mount the Insignia ;)
You have to take the book out & can't open it once it's up but you can mount it :) lol

You've convinced me.

Now I just have to convince the wife. December is usually a moritoium on hobby purchases and I had a couple big things I bought so my wife grounded me from January purchases but I already pointed out to ther that its on sale and shes an Amazon addict to boot, so I'm hoping she ordered it today :lol

Got Quakewave today. :)

Yes, he is one impressive sucker. I now understand why people say he feels BETTER than an official Masterpiece!

Mine came with a sheet of stickers - did they all come with that, or was that an extra chimungmung threw in? It's just 'Con logos, for the most part. I also got the extra parts to change up the hand/gun and forearm, but I think those are pretty much standard now.

Can't wait for Scoria now! Even got the money in my Paypal account, waiting...

I love Quakewave, along with MP Soundwave both are my favorite Transformers ever!! :rock!

I was back home at my folks over the holidays and was able to bring this guy with me!!

1524735_10202576986762893_1382318779_n.jpg

1555485_10202576986962898_207225396_n.jpg

1544986_10202576987242905_627362566_n.jpg

Surprised I remembered how to put it together and transform it with no effort!! :rock!

Both modes look amazing. This MP line is becoming an addiction... placed my order at HLJ...

This is designed by the original mp01 designer right?

No. Shogo Hasui did Wheeljack and it looks like he's doing Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus.

Unless he's already started his second stint on the line I would be suprised if any of Hironori Kobayashi's newer Masterpieces get released this year due to the time it takes to develop from initial design sketches to finished piece.

DPrime,
Told ya! :lol

I think the extra forearm pieces are standard with the later run but the stickers must have been an extra.

soundwave
Awesome pics of WJ. Last year was pretty damn good for Masterpieces but this year we're getting 2 new Dinobots and their creator! :yess:

Despite the somewhat dubious influences the art in that book looks pretty good.

Hound,
Nice pic of Streak! :clap

EDIT
Dr Wu are doing an accessory set for Wheeljack,

Definitely going to need that accessory pack! What's Wheeljack without a spanner? (It's a spanner, right? My DIY knowledge is about as extensive as my celebrity TV knowledge...)

Back