ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yamato, not Bandai. But yes, there's several very, very, very decent MP Skyfire look-alikes around.

Skyfire\Jetfire suffers from the Ironhide\Ratchet syndrome; the cartoon model is too, how should I say it, bare\generic\basic for my taste to translate well into a robot.

I disagree.
27310995d1343505119-masterpiece-skyfire-5.jpg
27312408d1344117412-masterpiece-skyfire-sam_6153.jpg

Yamato, not Bandai. But yes, there's several very, very, very decent MP Skyfire look-alikes around.

Thanks. I wasn't entirely sure about the company. :)

Skyfire\Jetfire suffers from the Ironhide\Ratchet syndrome; the cartoon model is too, how should I say it, bare\generic\basic for my taste to translate well into a robot.

I hear ya. Like I said, I like the toy model as well.

It'll always look like a badly redesigned Macross Valk.

Only as much as cosmos looks like a redesigned Green mellinium falcon.

:wink1:

Yeah it's someone's custom from TFW. He is huge. Those are recast and modded unicron hands,for example. Mp11 screamer comes up to his mid thigh, if I remember correctly.

As for complexity, he's no less simple in design than sound wave or shockwave.

So I see that TCracker at TFW is hinting that MP-20 will be Galvatron. :)

Yeah, I know we all wanted to see Megs V2, but honestly, this is a smart move on Takara Tomy's part, if true. I imagine many collectors would be happy with only Megatron in their display, but without that being an option right now, would pick up a Galvy when they might otherwise not. And like MP-10 after Rodimus, I imagine Megatron V2 is only a matter of time anyway...

So I see that TCracker at TFW is hinting that MP-20 will be Galvatron. :)

626JCdq.gif

Seriously though, I'm sure it will look great, but I highly doubt I will get him. The only reason I might is that I had the original toy as a kid. Don't care for the character and what he and his ilk represented.

Those look like Primus hands and not Unicron, and his stand is a mix-match of various parts and the display base from MP03 Starscream.

626JCdq.gif

Seriously though, I'm sure it will look great, but I highly doubt I will get him. The only reason I might is that I had the original toy as a kid. Don't care for the character and what he and his ilk represented.

lol, I bet a lot of people are SAYING that. The fact that you even had him as a kid makes me doubt your words. People will intially not get him out of "protest"/waiting for Megatron, then a year or more will pass and people will end up regretting it/paying more on Ebay. Or a Hasbro release will come through and they'll get it in person (if they can find it). :)

Love the gif. Wish I knew what he was really disgusted at there. :)

unless he was canned, Megatron IS coming. It's a question of whenn. I'm fine with waiting longer so long as we get him eventually, and his QC is worth it. Likely, the hold up has to do with his legs.

Last edited:
As a kid I always disliked Galvatron and Ultra Magnus as they....weren't Prime or Megatron :lol

Now I'm older I'm more understanding of the marketing reasons behind the creation of the characters but I still couldn't care less about either one so if MP20 is either my wallet will get a rare breather.

I ordered my 2nd MP Red Alert today which I'll keep in alt mode.

I might also be getting the Mech Ideas Wrecking Crue shortly although I'm going to have a good look at some video reviews first before pulling the trigger.

Only ones that I want from after the animated movie are Ultra Magnus, Galvatron and Cyclonus, so this is still good news for me even though I had hoped Megatron would be next. I only bought Hot Rod b/c I had a TRU coupon at the time, I don't really like the character though.

Looking again, you may be right.

Picture for scale.

27269183d1323141750-masterpiece-skyfire-sf.jpg
masterpiece_skyfire_scale_by_spurt_reynolds-d592amr.jpg
17819759.jpg
27312397d1344116836-masterpiece-skyfire-sam_6235.jpg

Damn that's huge!!! I always admire those guys who dont have the resources that Tak/Has have and can build these and actually make them transform.

Last edited:
To anyone "passing" on a supposed MP Galvatron, do you have MP Rodimus Prime? Just curious.

Back