ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a kid I always disliked Galvatron and Ultra Magnus as they....weren't Prime or Megatron :lol

Now I'm older I'm more understanding of the marketing reasons behind the creation of the characters but I still couldn't care less about either one so if MP20 is either my wallet will get a rare breather.

I ordered my 2nd MP Red Alert today which I'll keep in alt mode.

I might also be getting the Mech Ideas Wrecking Crue shortly although I'm going to have a good look at some video reviews first before pulling the trigger.

Where did you get REd alert from?

I don't. I bought him at TRU, then quickly realized my mistake and got rid of him :lol

Having said that Galvatron is much less offensive to me than Hot Rod/Rodimus. I actively dislike the latter character for obvious reasons.

I'm really looking forward to having a cartoon accurate Galvatron. Cyclonus would be nice too. Love both charater designs.

Ebay.

It cost $109.99 shipped which is just over £71 at the current exchange rate which was slightly less than my original one if I remember correctly.

Obviously it's preferable if I can get the Autobot cars for the same price as Anime Export did Prowl, Bluestreak and ( hopefully ) Smokescreen but considering the way prices have gone for the Lamborghinis since the rumor/outright BS was started about a possible issue with Takara's licensing I don't think I did too badly.

Yeah, that IS pretty good.
I'm holding out for a retail REd Alert from TFsource.. as i've still got an 89.99 preorder there. if it pans out, I'll get him. if not, oh well.

New fnasproject. Warbugs

90135810151321509827484.jpg

Finally a Masterpiece Galvatron! He's been my most wanted figure out of any toyline thst I collect.

Ebay.

It cost $109.99 shipped which is just over £71 at the current exchange rate which was slightly less than my original one if I remember correctly.

Obviously it's preferable if I can get the Autobot cars for the same price as Anime Export did Prowl, Bluestreak and ( hopefully ) Smokescreen but considering the way prices have gone for the Lamborghinis since the rumor/outright BS was started about a possible issue with Takara's licensing I don't think I did too badly.

Yeah, that IS pretty good.
I'm holding out for a retail REd Alert from TFsource.. as i've still got an 89.99 preorder there. if it pans out, I'll get him. if not, oh well.

That's kind of how I feel about Alert right now. He never was a favourite but I would like to get one, especially if they do end up doing the whole '85 car lineup. ;)

He just got restocked at RK as well. I have a feeling he'll show up at TFSource too.

Since I got some extra Prowls I'm going to try and trade for one later, or else try and trade now through what I've already got on BST. The key is being patient.

Speaking of which, I finally got my Hasbro MP-10 via trade, along with MP Rodimus. Haven't had a chance to play around with either of them, but they both look good. :)

New fnasproject. Warbugs...

Neat. Took me a second to see that they're Insecticons.

Not my cup of tea but they look pretty cool.

I don't. I bought him at TRU, then quickly realized my mistake and got rid of him :lol

Having said that Galvatron is much less offensive to me than Hot Rod/Rodimus. I actively dislike the latter character for obvious reasons.

I had the chance to buy one and didn't. I just picked one up in a trade though, so I'd like to have Galvatron to "complete" the ying/yang. :)

Plus, well, at least my 'cons will have someone to lead them until Megs V2 shows up.

I'm not really a fan of most of the stuff past Season 2, but I do like quite a few of the characters/designs, especially the movie cast. I just like to imagine things happened a bit differently... :)

But getting back to Rodimus, I don't mind him at all. I didn't like seeing Optimus replaced, by any means, but I appreciate the fact that they tried to make Hot Rod/Rodimus a flawed character who struggled with leadership, which quite frankly, if you've ever been in a leadership position you know that's how it goes sometimes. :)

Big reason why I liked Animated, too.

I actually did the same with Rodimus. :rotfl
Although I will probably get Galvatron if he is MP 20.

the old MArvel Comics had a much better take on the " post season 2" stuff.

Hotrod, Magnus and the rest are targetmasters, and simply out there in space.. I don't recall Rodimus prime ever existing in the Comic continuity.

Optimus does die... more than once.... But Hotrod never Becomes Rodimus prime.

HOWEVER, in the comics, There is an alternate timeline where he does become Rodimus prime... and looses the war to the decepticons, then being led by Galvatron ( who is a reincarnated Maegatron, created by unicron, much like the movie). who after conquering Cybertron, returns to earth, and stripmines all of its natural resources, kills 90% of the population, and more or less just stomps heads in for the fun of it.

He Kills Rodimus prime.. and grows bored.

Eventualy, in the "normal" timeline, Unicron uses his godlike abilites to comb the timelines seeking for one where he is victorious.. and finds that one. He then reaches across space and time, and grabs Galvatron from that timeline, pulling him into his timeline. And asks him to repeat his actions there, and conquer cybertyron, wiping out the transformers, and Primus for him again.

You see, in the main timeline, Ratchet Sacrifices himself to COMPLETELY DESTROY megatron by getting them both stranded inside a space bridge ( or so everyone thinks, for a while... They do both... EVENTUALLY come back...)
386px-MarvelUS-70.jpg

tumblr_lmay42s3lg1qzezzfo1_400.jpg

, so there is no megatron for unicron to remake.

HOWEVER, Galvatron instead decides to Take on unicron, and destroy him, so he will never again be under someone else's heel.

After megatron comes back, we end up with both Galvatron and Megatron existing at the same time, as two more or less different characters, with Galvatron being the "older and wiser" of the two.

What is the largest scale of any transformer available?
I don't mean your typical kids mass produced version but a decent collectible.
Are all these current versions the same size of the 80's stuff? the last time i bought a transformer was about 27 year ago haha So thinking about getting back into them but dont want them to be to small or the size i had as a kid.

What is the largest scale of any transformer available?
I don't mean your typical kids mass produced version but a decent collectible.
Are all these current versions the same size of the 80's stuff? the last time i bought a transformer was about 27 year ago haha So thinking about getting back into them but dont want them to be to small or the size i had as a kid.

Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP-01
12" in Height, fully transformable, with metal parts.

But I´m biased, love him to death,not a day goes by where I not take him out and just look at him.

It´s the perfect rendition of Prime for me, the most definite.

MP-10 is also nice, don´t get me wrong, but I just love the sheer size of MP-01.

Scale? When dealing with Transformers?

laughinggirls.gif

If you want a real " Decent Collectable" Then your only real options, if you want actual transformers, and not statues, Are the Takara Masterpiece figures.

they are considerably larger than the toys of your youth.

MP-10 prime ( same mold as the Black optimus pictured higher up on the page, but in his traditional red and blue colors) stands at about 10 inches.

Additionaly, there are some fairly awesome " 3rd party" transformers out there that are pretty big as well, Like Giant, and Herculese, the "off-brand" versions of Devistator.

Moving beyond that, some of the Takara "united" figures are pretty nice, and are more or less the same rough "scale" as the 80's toys.

cheers for the insight guys i will have a look at the ones you have mentioned. I'd just like some maybe slightly taller than the ones i remember from the 80's :)

Finally some quick pics of my Quake Wave!
This thing is awesome!!! :rock

The opaque hands look cool Kuzeh! I take it they came already packed in with the 2nd run of Quake Wave? I still have to contact Kool Toyz if he's planning on shipping these out.

lerath666 said:
Eventualy, in the "normal" timeline, Unicron uses his godlike abilites to comb the timelines seeking for one where he is victorious.. and finds that one. He then reaches across space and time, and grabs Galvatron from that timeline, pulling him into his timeline...

I think Unicron sent out his heralds Hook, Line and Sinker to kidnap Galvatron. :lol

I for one am psyched at the prospect that MP-20 might be Galvatron. Hopefully with a chained Matrix of Leadership. :yess:

DPrime, congrats on the MP Prime haul.

da_air, welcome to the boards bud!

Back