ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/ame]

For the record.

Go on hoping. The third party companies are mostly based in China. and China doesn't recognize international copywrite law.

The video game industry has been struggling with this for YEARS. There are Chinese "game developers" who take a standard game release, and simply change a title, and a few textures, and the re-release the game as it it was their own, and the Chinese government stands with their citizens legally.

Funny thing is, while hasbro has little to no power to shut down 3rd party companies Legally, they COULD shut them down overnight if they Really wanted to.
How? These companies, producing the armor sets, the trailer sets, the 3rd party figures, Devastator, etc? they make and sell them Because there IS a market for them.
All hasbro would need to do is make them themselves.

But they won't.

Ummmmm...I think they kind of are now....I dont know why its not obvious to anyone else..but this MP-11 Starscream is a direct response to Igear's Screamers...they got rid of the hip kibble..ripped straight from the Hasbro version with the kibble..now Hasbro is stealing their corrected hips and relaunching him...to me its a big F you to Igear..and I sort of like the dastardliness of it all. If he comes out in a Hasbro version for $49.99..who is going to buy the Igear version?

now Hasbro is stealing their corrected hips and relaunching him...to me its a big F you to Igear..and I sort of like the dastardliness of it all. If he comes out in a Hasbro version for $49.99..who is going to buy the Igear version?
Hey, all's fair in this business. If Hasbro steals iGear's good ideas and makes them their own, but somehow does it better and/or cheaper, I'll be all for it!

If the 3rd party companies could actually act like a form of competition and force Hasbro/Takara not to rest on their laurels and produce something other than the often ugly, mediocre toys they have been*, then that's a good thing in my book.

*not referring to the original MP Starscream, btw. I think that was an amazing achievement by Hasbro et al.

Ummmmm...I think they kind of are now....I dont know why its not obvious to anyone else..but this MP-11 Starscream is a direct response to Igear's Screamers...they got rid of the hip kibble..ripped straight from the Hasbro version with the kibble..now Hasbro is stealing their corrected hips and relaunching him...to me its a big F you to Igear..and I sort of like the dastardliness of it all. If he comes out in a Hasbro version for $49.99..who is going to buy the Igear version?

Yes and no. Redoing Prime and Starscream ( who NEEDED an update) is not the same as doing characters such as a MP Soundwave, OR Shockwave, OR Ratchet, Or Ironhide.

How long have fans been PLEADING for a Soundwave that turns into a tape-deck in generations? Or A Shockwave of ANY kind ? Or an Arcee that turns into a pink car and looks like her G1 version in robot mode?

Screamer and OP are garinted moneymakers. that's why there are six gajillion variants, versions, reissues of each figure.

If hasbro makes a Voyager scale G1 Devestator, THEN I'll say they're taking the fight home.

But at the end of the day, they won't. They have said as much themselves.

additionally, I know why Hasbro won't do it. The figures that collectors want, are not the same as the ones that kids want in most cases. And as such, those figures wouldn't sell as well @ retail, potentially costing them money.
Now, if Hasbro did SOMETHING to shut down the 3rd party companies, and then did not fill the void themselves, this would be like slapping those fans in the face...

And that might cause fans to stop buying official Hasbro products as well..
I know it probably would for me.

Last edited:

Depends how long it takes them to get it out, I guess.

I'm definitely getting an iGear Thundercracker now. I'll see how he looks next to my US Starscream and Skywarp before pulling the trigger on the other iGear Seekers.

I would probably pick up Hasbro's Starscream at fifty bucks - IF it comes out. But if I end up itching for a non-hip kibble Screamer after New Years, I'm not going to wait TOO long... It's an improvement over the first MP Starscream, but then, so is iGear's Traitor... and we've all been burned waiting for Hasbro and/or Takara to do the "obvious" thing and release even the most popular figures we all want.

I have absolutely no faith that we'll get a Hasbro Thundercracker or Skywarp, so that's an easy choice. Starscream is more likely, but again, not a done deal by any means. And I'm NOT paying $160 plus shipping for the Japanese version.

If they really wanted to f___ iGear, they should look to doing NEW MP characters. The whole reason these companies are doing what they're doing is because we're not getting official versions of characters we want...

Btw, saying that Takara Tomy is ripping off iGear's mods isn't true. They're defintily releasing this as a response to them, but this is pretty much exactly the same figure as the original prototype for MP Stascream, down to the tailfins being on the legs. So the idea's been around for a while and is theirs.

aug2006-1.jpg

Small favor,could someone post some pics of every MP starscream so far in a single post? So thatd be MP03,Mp03 USA ver.,igears prototype,and MP11? Missing any? thanks

Wow, what a mature retort. Sense and logic is hard to beat huh?

You can't fight Dubz with logic. The only options left are nuclear power and magic.

Thats because my logic is already rock solid and you know it.

:clap :clap :goodpost:
I will admit the competition is great as it means Has/Tak release amazing toys like the new MP Prime and Screamer and show the third party dumb-asses how its done.

Small favor,could someone post some pics of every MP starscream so far in a single post? So thatd be MP03,Mp03 USA ver.,igears prototype,and MP11? Missing any? thanks

Takara did a "USA" version as well for the Japanese market, that was based on the Walmart colours but didn't have the battle damage.

Yes and no. Redoing Prime and Starscream ( who NEEDED an update) is not the same as doing characters such as a MP Soundwave, OR Shockwave, OR Ratchet, Or Ironhide.

How long have fans been PLEADING for a Soundwave that turns into a tape-deck in generations? Or A Shockwave of ANY kind ? Or an Arcee that turns into a pink car and looks like her G1 version in robot mode?

Screamer and OP are garinted moneymakers. that's why there are six gajillion variants, versions, reissues of each figure.

If hasbro makes a Voyager scale G1 Devestator, THEN I'll say they're taking the fight home.

But at the end of the day, they won't. They have said as much themselves.

additionally, I know why Hasbro won't do it. The figures that collectors want, are not the same as the ones that kids want in most cases. And as such, those figures wouldn't sell as well @ retail, potentially costing them money.
Now, if Hasbro did SOMETHING to shut down the 3rd party companies, and then did not fill the void themselves, this would be like slapping those fans in the face...

And that might cause fans to stop buying official Hasbro products as well..
I know it probably would for me.

The masterpiece line isn't even targeted at kids.:dunno

Kids want what is on TV and this means Bayformers and the new Prime TV series.

Valid point, and yet, we STILL don't get Characters that we would buy in the masterpiece line.

My point about G1 flavored shockwave, Soundwave, Ironhide, ETC still stand.

Valid point, and yet, we STILL don't get Characters that we would buy in the masterpiece line.

My point about G1 flavored shockwave, Soundwave, Ironhide, ETC still stand.

I'm hoping that after the more than likely inevitable Skywarp and Thundercracker variants of the new Starscream that we will see new characters in the MP line. Really hoping for Soundwave or Shockwave.

we won't.
Hasbro and takara both have stated that the masterpiece line is ONLY for "leader characters" ( No soundwave)
And that we will NEVER see another "gunformer" in the line. ( No updated G1 megatron, no Shockwave)

they are working on an ultra magnus however.

we won't.
Hasbro and takara both have stated that the masterpiece line is ONLY for "leader characters" ( No soundwave)
And that we will NEVER see another "gunformer" in the line. ( No updated G1 megatron, no Shockwave)

they are working on an ultra magnus however.
Starscream is a "leader character?" I guess he led the Decepticons for about 30 seconds after Megs was "killed," but. . .c'mon now. If he's leader of the jets, well, Soundwave is leader of the tapes! And what about Skywarp/Thundercracker? "Leader only by our loose definition, and unless it is a cheap repaint" I guess?

I received my NYCC Bumblebee and Arced set from the Hasbro Toy Shop today. Awesome set! I love it! I cannot wait for the other Prime toys to come out. :)

Starscream has been the leader of the decepticons for extended periods in the comics. both classic, and otherwise.

Soundwave has only ever been a lacky. A good Lacky, a powerful Lacky, but a lacky nonetheless.

we only got skywarp and thundercracker, because they were easy repaints.

Back