ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masterpiece Convoy Ver 2.0

1105102301f62355f6e4186780.jpg

1105102320b9786f7a9fbadca7.jpg

1105102320b26c754683bca83b.jpg

1105102320f829b5613ac48bac.jpg

This does not bode well for collectors...

The proportions are a little off and it isn't quite as nice as Rodimus and Grimlock, but it is much better than the original Masterpiece Optimus Prime. Much less chunky. Frankly though, it doesn't quite meet my expectations considering that I thought they would knock it out of the park to justify a new version. I am stlll excited though and will definitely get it at some point. Considering it is $250, I am currently on the fence as to whether I want to buy the japanese version in September or wait until a possible cheaper American version.

I do love the improvements in the crotch area :) and that he actually has a neck. The head sculpt looks much nicer too. He would actually be much more impressive if the arms and torso weren't so long and the shins weren't so thick. Even though there are some similarities between this version and the original, I suspect that in person, the new version would look much more impressive.

Very nice arafat! Howd you make it?

well it took a lot of time lol , well i took jetfire appart cutted the trusters and legs , then the wings and then i just glue them in to optimus of course optimus was also cutted open and change some parts to make it look as accurate as possible in the second movie .

i did also a different version before and i sold it on ebay , that one was a lot more work since instead of gle everything i added magnets and very small screws, and look more stable than this one

Apparently Takara think we do.

Of course they feel that way. Look at how popular Faith leader is. I too would rather want a new character, but I can understand why they made this first. The demand for a smaller MP Optimus is obviously there, and from what I've seen on the forums, most people would rather have an official alternative, which they now have. It also blends in with Classics figures a lot better then Faith Leader does, so that might be another factor for people to buy this.

But of course, they ruin it by including the trailer and retailing it for that ridiculous pricetag. If it was a standalone release, I bet that a lot of people would be selling off their Faith Leader and going for this guy instead, but as it is.... But hopefully we'll get a more affordable Hasbro release.

I think it would have been a smart move to sell the figure without the trailer for a cheaper price as the appeal of Optimus Prime is that unlike other characters, casual fans are more likely to shell out cash for an awesome figure of the character. However, I doubt many casual fans are going to pay $250 for even the greatest rendition of Prime. That just leaves hardcore fans who are going to balk at the price as they are used to much cheaper Transformers in all of the various lines.

Regarding justification for the figure, I believe it is important to update the most important transformer every now and then, especially since the scale of masterpeice figures as well as the engineering has vastly changed in the past 7 years since the original Masterpiece Prime was released. Of course, I would argue that Optimus Prime should be the cheapest Masterpiece figure as it can serve as a gateway toy to get casual fans interested in the line.

this a picture of one iam making to a friend of mine , i had to paint it which i hate since it takes for ever and everything gets messy

prime20torso.jpg

I'm like the MP-10 as I only have the Hasbro release Prime, without the trailer... :(

So does this mean we'll be getting an improve Megatron as MP-11? I had the original Megatron, but should it as I didn't like the overall figure.

Of course they feel that way. Look at how popular Faith leader is. I too would rather want a new character, but I can understand why they made this first. The demand for a smaller MP Optimus is obviously there, and from what I've seen on the forums, most people would rather have an official alternative, which they now have. It also blends in with Classics figures a lot better then Faith Leader does, so that might be another factor for people to buy this.

But of course, they ruin it by including the trailer and retailing it for that ridiculous pricetag. If it was a standalone release, I bet that a lot of people would be selling off their Faith Leader and going for this guy instead, but as it is.... But hopefully we'll get a more affordable Hasbro release.

The new Prime is as tall as Rodimus....which means it's bigger than Faith Leader so won't look as good with the Classics. The only thing that's really better is the headsculpt and even that's debatable, it's certainly not enough to justify £180 plus shipping just so I can join the white knights that think iGear are "evil" for ripping off official designs.

Dubz,
I don't think people are being miserable, it's more a case of apathy because the Masterpiece line is being used for the same characters over & over.

Last edited:
The choice is a bit bittersweet for me. I like this figure, and like that they are (apparently) trying to make all the MP figures more in-scale with one another. The alt mode looks better than the previous MP Prime, and I like that they are using a different style for this figure so he'll really stand out from the previous figure. Of course, a completely new character (read: Soundwave) would have been nice. And the price tag is insane considering his size, IMO. But, if he's released in the U.S. for a more reasonable price then I'll definitely try to pick him up.

Dubz,
I don't think people are being miserable, it's more a case of apathy because the Masterpiece line is being used for the same characters over & over.

Wasnt talking about Prime specifically...just everything it seems.

Got my two DOTM voyagers today (Prime and Ironhide), i'll post pics tomorrow maybe. Also have a Fans Project Protector on its way. Figured if i like it then i'll keep it but if not i can easily sell it and get something i really want. Had to use up that £70 credit i had somehow.

I just pre-ordered Thundershred from Kapow Toys and was pleasantly suprised at the price....£34.99 plus shipping isn't too bad by 3rd party standards :)

Trying to decide which scaled down Prime to go with--MP10 or Faith Leader. . .decisions, decisions.

If you intend on displaying it with Classics Faith Leader is the better choice as MP Prime 2.0 is the same height as MP Rodimus.......who's quite a bit taller than Faith Leader so won't really work the Classics.

Be interesting to see if they redo MP Megatron. Much as I love my MP Megatron, there's a lot of room for improvement in the robot mode's legs. If they had built the stock into the gun mode, they could have used the stock to add some much needed bulk to his skinny legs. Of course then the transformation would have been even more impossible.

I'd much rather MP-11 be Galvatron than a new Megatron, but I doubt it will happen. I suspect it will be years yet before we see MP Galvatron.

Back