ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least we got a fantastic leader Starscream and Optimus already... Was hoping for a decent Megatron this time around, but alas, that hope is waning.

Makes me wonder what they'll do for the next Movie Masterpiece though.

I'm waiting until they make a Movie MP Prime. I'm really just tempted to get Buster Prime and call it a day, but I'm pretty glad I've been able to hold out this long to be able to get the most definitive Movie Prime figure. I don't really care about any other movie figure unless Hot Rod is in the movie

Well lets night write them all off yet. So far all weve seen are the very basic toys of their respective lines/size classes.
Give them a chance before calling them all off completely.
We have yet to see the new leader prime and megs + whatever other character they decide to give the leader treatment, as well as the new leader class BB, new Sideswipe toy, the Ferrari 458 italia bot, not to mention the wreckers and einstein-bot as well as the new twins and whoever that firetruck happens to be.
Thats all without even mentioning new decepticon characters and whatever characters are inside that ship you see crashed on the moon!
Typical anti-bay attitude to write everything off before its even released just because he's attatched to the project. That BS got old a long time ago, now its just putrid and pointless.

G1_Slow_Poke_MTMTE.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not anti-Bay, I think that design style is fine for the big screen CGI models and non movie characters but the vast majority don't translate well into mass market toys.

The ones that do are either in the HA line or require extensive customisation because Hasbro are too cheap to paint things properly as is the case with ROTF Leader Prime or Starscream.

I can no longer justify paying UK prices for toys that are a sea of unpainted grey plastic as I'd effectively have to pay out for the same thing twice because I'd have to get it repainted before I'd consider putting it on display.

I would sooner save the cash and get something I know will be presentable straight from the box like Masterpiece Rodimus or the various 3rd party products I'm intrested in.

Last edited:
I'm not anti-Bay, I think that design style is fine for the big screen CGI models and non movie characters but the vast majority don't translate well into mass market toys.

The ones that do are either in the HA line or require extensive customisation because Hasbro are too cheap to paint things properly as is the case with ROTF Leader Prime or Starscream.

I can no longer justify paying UK prices for toys that are a sea of unpainted grey plastic as I'd effectively have to pay out for the same thing twice because I'd have to get it repainted before I'd consider putting it on display.

I would sooner save the cash and get something I know will be presentable straight from the box like Masterpiece Rodimus or the various 3rd party products I'm intrested in.

I didnt mean you specifically, more like the legions of arm chair film critics on tfw and other places.

I can understand your reasoning though. It doesnt bother me however because as a customizer and an artist i understand how much work and time has to go into repainting one of these toys and no toy company on the planet looking to make a profit could ever fully paint one of these toys in intricate detail and still turn a profit. Maybe a few extra paint aps here and there would be possible, but for something like someone like myself would do is just out of the question.

I didnt mean you specifically, more like the legions of arm chair film critics on tfw and other places.

I can understand your reasoning though. It doesnt bother me however because as a customizer and an artist i understand how much work and time has to go into repainting one of these toys and no toy company on the planet looking to make a profit could ever fully paint one of these toys in intricate detail and still turn a profit. Maybe a few extra paint aps here and there would be possible, but for something like someone like myself would do is just out of the question.

Hasbro's minimalistic approach to paint apps definitely provides a great canvas for customisers as there's usually a lot of details sculpted in the various parts.

And whilst customiser levels of detail are just not possible on a mass market release I think a few improvements here & there could make a lot of difference.

Not using so much of that grey plastic would be a good start.

Hasbro's minimalistic approach to paint apps definitely provides a great canvas for customisers as there's usually a lot of details sculpted in the various parts.

And whilst customiser levels of detail are just not possible on a mass market release I think a few improvements here & there could make a lot of difference.

Not using so much of that grey plastic would be a good start.

Agreed. I see a lot of plastic molded in metallic colors (like universe sideswipe for example) so why cant they do somethign similar for the grey plastic. It would add so much and make things look less cheap.

The Perfect Effect Reflector is looking better and better all the time !

:SFX-03 BULLET new pictures - PerfectEffect - Yahoo!

Really hope pre orders go up soon !!!

Bob

A groupshot pic of the new DotM toys surfaced as well. Amazingly enough Ratchet gets an entirely new deluxe, which looks like it's the most accurate yet. Shame that they didn't upscale it into a voyager though, he would have been perfect!:monkey2 But who knows, maybe he will get one later.

41_8247_802b733d8856d4f.jpg

https://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-575653.html

More pics of Shockwave surfaced as well, and he's looking like a pretty kickass figure. Love the paint especially; gorgeous shade of purple, and save for the lack of silver earfins it doesn't feel like they skipped on anything.

Shockwave looks good, definitely will get him..the others i've seen so far..____ no.

Looking kickass that shockwave, hope they do a leader version of him.
The rest...most are a disappointment to me, buti will reserve final judgement until i see clear gallery shots of each.

Back