ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masterpiece Movie Starscream

Look who just showed up.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Damn, he really looks awesome, Spanbauer. I've never been on the fence about a figure for this long, but is the extra $60+ for him worth it for those who have both?

What's the story on Protector? Just a stylized Rodimus or a different character?

Pretty much just a third party company making the trailer/parts to transform you Classics Rodimus figure into a Classics Rodimus Prime. You can see their Ultra Magnus/City Commander upgrade set as an example.

Damn, he really looks awesome, Spanbauer. I've never been on the fence about a figure for this long, but is the extra $60+ for him worth it for those who have both?
I hold the position that no one should ever buy two of the same figure just because one's painted differently than the other, so I would say no it's not worth buying the Takara-Tomy edition if you already have the Hasbro edition. Thankfully, Takara-Tomy announced their version before the Hasbro edition even hit store shelves in my area so I was able to avoid ending up with two of the same figure.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get the Takara-Tomy edition. I'm saying you should sell your Hasbro version and get the Takara-Tomy edition instead. The $50 question is of course is he worth paying double for the same mold? I absolutely think so, but I'm very selective about which Transformers I purchase. Having seen the Hasbro version in stores, I can say without a doubt that the Takara-Tomy edition blows it away every bit as much as Buster Prime put Hasbro's Leader-Class Prime to shame. I began to second-guess myself when the first in-hand photos hit the web a week ago, but as soon as I opened the panel of the box I knew those pictures did him absolutely no justice. He looks great.

AWESOME pics, Span! How do you like him?
Thanks! And see above :) My only complaint is the poor hand articulation; it's really a bigger issue than anyone has made it out to be, as it makes it very, very difficult to give him a decent pose.

wow that starscream is impressive. I am hoping this is a new trend for takara and that they continue this movie masterpiece series for DOTM...

I hold the position that no one should ever buy two of the same figure just because one's painted differently than the other, so I would say no it's not worth buying the Takara-Tomy edition if you already have the Hasbro edition. Thankfully, Takara-Tomy announced their version before the Hasbro edition even hit store shelves in my area so I was able to avoid ending up with two of the same figure.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get the Takara-Tomy edition. I'm saying you should sell your Hasbro version and get the Takara-Tomy edition instead. The $50 question is of course is he worth paying double for the same mold? I absolutely think so, but I'm very selective about which Transformers I purchase. Having seen the Hasbro version in stores, I can say without a doubt that the Takara-Tomy edition blows it away every bit as much as Buster Prime put Hasbro's Leader-Class Prime to shame. I began to second-guess myself when the first in-hand photos hit the web a week ago, but as soon as I opened the panel of the box I knew those pictures did him abso

There you have it then. Looks like the MP version will be the one I'm getting. I'm so glad I've been able to hold off on any versions since I first bought Deep Space Starscream. As much as I like the tattoo look of the Hasbro one, if I'm only gonna have one movie SS, it might as well be the one from the first movie since that's the version I think about when I think of movie SS:)

It had some earlier issues today, but they're over now.

Btw, good news for those who missed out on MP Megatron: It's getting reissued! There will be a new MP Prime repaint as well; "Final edition" Convoy. It's meant to be the final version, and this will be the celebration of them retiring the mold, or something like that. No word on what it looks like yet.

EDIT: Protector images!

10110323091ff65d5cfb7467d8.jpg

1011032309c5c0ce0f1c293da0.jpg

1011032308d97920081192c80f.jpg

Doesn't look as good as City Commander but it's still decent.

MP Megatron being reissued = Can't they retire that POS along with Prime?

If the MP Prime mold is genuinely being retired I hope a new version that's more like the size of the iGear KO gets made.

yea if you can that would be appreciated, and can you get more extreme poses as well? :D

I will, but more extreme poses... not possible I'm affraid. He's not the most articulated. And also, his natural state is just floating in space, so I doubt he ever feels the need for any Dragonball Z poses. :D I would love a bicep swivel, though.

Here is my customized BRUTICUS MAXIMUS using the Fansproject upgrade kits and the ROTF combiner....

I built a new chest plate and added real metal spikes..

if you guys do not have the FP KITS!!! YOU GOTTA GET IT!!!

cimg2135.jpg
https://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2706/cimg2137fx.jpg
cimg2153.jpg
https://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3910/cimg2027a.jpg

I've been waiting to see someone customize bruticus. Flippin awesome.

Here's the best I could do with the upclose shots and an attempt at a better pose.

2e0e7e13.jpg

137c1977.jpg

4dd0369c.jpg

9ab1aaab.jpg

that looks awesome man, both unicron and primus both look great together. Thanks for the pics.

Sucks if they are discontinuing the MP Prime mold. That is the best Transformer in existence. They should keep re-issuing it every so often for the foreseeable future.

Sucks if they are discontinuing the MP Prime mold. That is the best Transformer in existence. They should keep re-issuing it every so often for the foreseeable future.

Masterpiece Prime is starting to show it's age now and IMO it's always been hugely overrated anyway so good riddance to it.

Masterpiece Hot Rod/Rodimus has raised the bar for what's possible with the Masterpiece line so once they've done Galvatron who's a decent bet for the next new mold I think Has/Tak may take another look at G1 Prime and blow the original version & iGear's Faith Leader away.

Hopefully they'll make it a similar size to Faith Leader as well as the other MP is far too big and clunky to be any fun.

Last edited:
MP Prime is clunky, I agree with that. My favorite MP so far is Grimlock.

He is very, very long in the tooth. Buster Prime and Masterpiece Movie Starscream are far superior in every way but nostalgic value and finger articulation.

Back