ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Bob, those displays are seriously awesome!
Agreed :rock

Actually, the best MP mold in my opinion is Starscream. Fantastic transformation. Decent posebility.

Starscream was my favorite character as a child and I love that figure. However, something about the robot mode seems slightly off. I don't know if it is the head, or the extra "kibble," or something else, but for whatever reason I don't think he captures the character as brilliantly as that MP Prime does. In fact, I think MP Grimlock does a better job of distilling the cartoon incarnation of the character into toy form than Starscream.

DSCF0223.jpg

Bob,
Nice setups you have there!

As part of a Prime themed display I could see the appeal for MP Prime but the vast majority of my collection is devoted to Classics and as such I want the best possible Prime that's in scale with those.

Until recently it was Classics/Henkei Prime which is OK but compared to Faith Leader it's mediocre.

Much has been said about iGears ripping off an official design but had Classics/Henkei Prime been more G1 accurate in the first place then there would have been no need for Faith Leader as I'm guessing the majority of people would have preferred that instead of the reimagining that was first released in 2006.

I e-mailed iGear this morning about international shipping and recieved an ultra quick and pleasantly suprising reply that it would only be $18 ( just over £10 ) which was less than I expected so I treated myself to one for Christmas :)

Providing the QC on Faith Leader is good I'll ebay Henkei Prime as the £30 or so I'll raise can be added to the MP Hot Rod/Rodimus fund :)

Ra88,
I agree that Takara aren't perfect when it comes to QC issues, the exceedingly floppy Henkei Skywarp & Thundercracker on my shelves are testament to that but apart from those the only issues I've had are,

Loose knees on Alternity Megatron.
( I fixed them with a screwdriver although I ended up reselling the toy anyway as it was one of those impulse buys I regretted. )

A bit of chrome rubbed off on Henkei Sunstreaker's spoiler.
( Fortunately it was on the side the reprolabels decal went over it so it's not noticeable. )

As for diecast it's never been something that's influenced my decision to buy a particular TF..........I have a few with it but it's not something that I feel adds to the toy in any significant way aside from increased international shipping costs eg I got Takara's MP Grimlock with slightly damaged packaging for £60 but the shipping was £30 on top of that amount.........without the added weight of the diecast it probably would have been £15-£20.

karamazov80,
Had the original MP Seeker design been stuck to it would have been a real challenger for the best one as it was virtually perfect.

Takara however hired a new designer who insisted on adding the crappy looking "sword sheaths" on the hips to give the robot mode a "samurai" feel and it was a BAD move.

I can't argue with the guy's overall pedigree as a designer as he was also responsible for ( among others ) Diaclone/G1 Prime & Hybrid Style Convoy but I think he was having an off day when he came up with that one.

I was also disappointed that neither version of Starscream were in the G1 toy colors of silver/grey.

Last edited:
Hit a bit of a roadblock with Omega Supreme, so I've tackled something else so I can go back to it later with a clear mind:

27194239d1289347296-rotf-megatron-img_0883.jpg

27194245d1289347296-rotf-megatron-img_0926.jpg

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/336751-rotf-megatron.html#post5369755

I just saw this abomination.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19734&mode=retail

Horrible. The combiners from 1984-86 look way better than this.

Yeah, that one looks absolutely terrible. I have to say though that they're really stepping up with the quality of the two-pack PCCs though, they're drastically improving in quality. Still only for those who enjoy new stuff though, not a lot of appeal for the G1 fans.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-inpackage-images-of-pcc-spastic-w-stunticons-salvage-w-bombburst-undertow-w-waterlog/20179/

I personally dig the tank, though. Would LOVE a Guzzle repaint of it as well; it's just begging for it!

1289368511_PCCOverload12.jpg

Ra88,
I agree that Takara aren't perfect when it comes to QC issues, the exceedingly floppy Henkei Skywarp & Thundercracker on my shelves are testament to that but apart from those the only issues I've had are,

Loose knees on Alternity Megatron.
( I fixed them with a screwdriver although I ended up reselling the toy anyway as it was one of those impulse buys I regretted. )

A bit of chrome rubbed off on Henkei Sunstreaker's spoiler.
( Fortunately it was on the side the reprolabels decal went over it so it's not noticeable. )

As for diecast it's never been something that's influenced my decision to buy a particular TF..........I have a few with it but it's not something that I feel adds to the toy in any significant way aside from increased international shipping costs eg I got Takara's MP Grimlock with slightly damaged packaging for £60 but the shipping was £30 on top of that amount.........without the added weight of the diecast it probably would have been £15-£20.

Consider yourself lucky then, I've heard so many horror stories...:panic:

And yeah, I can see why diecast doesn't hold any appeal for you then. It would probably be more appealing if you had more money for figures.

And yeah, I can see why diecast doesn't hold any appeal for you then. It would probably be more appealing if you had more money for figures.

It wouldn't make any difference even if money were no object. No TF I've ever bought has been enhanced by the presence of diecast metal and it's not something I look for when deciding on a new purchase.

Anyone know the best/cheapest place to purchase Takara D-62-S
G1 Galvatron(purple repaint/resculpt) ?.

There is one at BBTS for $90 but, i don't get the grading they did on that one...95 for the figure itself? wtf does that mean if its a sealed box?, damage to the figure?.

Hit a bit of a roadblock with Omega Supreme, so I've tackled something else so I can go back to it later with a clear mind:

27194239d1289347296-rotf-megatron-img_0883.jpg

27194245d1289347296-rotf-megatron-img_0926.jpg

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/336751-rotf-megatron.html#post5369755

Yeah, that one looks absolutely terrible. I have to say though that they're really stepping up with the quality of the two-pack PCCs though, they're drastically improving in quality. Still only for those who enjoy new stuff though, not a lot of appeal for the G1 fans.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-inpackage-images-of-pcc-spastic-w-stunticons-salvage-w-bombburst-undertow-w-waterlog/20179/

I personally dig the tank, though. Would LOVE a Guzzle repaint of it as well; it's just begging for it!

1289368511_PCCOverload12.jpg

Consider yourself lucky then, I've heard so many horror stories...:panic:

Dude that megatron is AWESOME! May i please paint it for you? Free of charge? Just might take me a couple of months...heh

Damn Bob, those displays are seriously awesome!

Thanks guys :) They are some of my fave displays

Besides myself, Bob's got the best taste in 'bots. :rock And BNC too.

I won't disagree with that matey :hi5:

Bob,
Nice setups you have there!

As part of a Prime themed display I could see the appeal for MP Prime but the vast majority of my collection is devoted to Classics and as such I want the best possible Prime that's in scale with those.

Until recently it was Classics/Henkei Prime which is OK but compared to Faith Leader it's mediocre.

Much has been said about iGears ripping off an official design but had Classics/Henkei Prime been more G1 accurate in the first place then there would have been no need for Faith Leader as I'm guessing the majority of people would have preferred that instead of the reimagining that was first released in 2006.

I e-mailed iGear this morning about international shipping and recieved an ultra quick and pleasantly suprising reply that it would only be $18 ( just over £10 ) which was less than I expected so I treated myself to one for Christmas :)

Providing the QC on Faith Leader is good I'll ebay Henkei Prime as the £30 or so I'll raise can be added to the MP Hot Rod/Rodimus fund :).

Themed displays deffo help offset the scale issues that TF's have always had. Having said that, with a couple of exceptions Animated (no leader Lugnutt or voyager Sentinal Prime) and "classics" (no voyager Galvatron and making Powerglide an ultra) scale has been a lot better than previous series. Looking forward to your thoughts on faith leader and the QC mate, as I am tempted by their Mini MP Megs. Nice Christmas pressie for yourself :clap

I agree with RA88 in that Die cast is still something I love. I think the added weight just adds something to a figure. Which is why I prefer Binaltech to Alts. It's probably left over nostalga from Gen 1. Chipping is annoying but like with chrome (which I also love) I don't handle my figs often so it's not a problem. The extra shipping cost sucks though..............

Had the original MP Seeker design been stuck to it would have been a real challenger for the best one as it was virtually perfect.

Takara however hired a new designer who insisted on adding the crappy looking "sword sheaths" on the hips to give the robot mode a "samurai" feel and it was a BAD move.

I can't argue with the guy's overall pedigree as a designer as he was also responsible for ( among others ) Diaclone/G1 Prime & Hybrid Style Convoy but I think he was having an off day when he came up with that one.

I was also disappointed that neither version of Starscream were in the G1 toy colors of silver/grey.

I don't think the "sword sheaths" were added to give a samurai feel, but to hide the robot kibble in alt mode. As long as you use the stand it can just be popped off and added to the legs. I agree that there must have been a way that would have worked better for both modes though. Luckily it looks like no there will be no such problems with Roddy.

Bob

The die-cast figures definitely feel like they're of a better quality. If something feels lighter and more plastic-y, then it also feels a bit cheaper. Same with statues for me. Doesn't matter all that much, but holding all other things constant, I would prefer a weightier figure.

Bob,
I'll definitely let you know on Faith Leader's QC when it arrives, I read several horror stories about iGear's Ark playset and that was what made me so reluctant to buy any of their stuff but I've done a bit of research and it seems like they're good with customer service so if any issues occur I should be able to get it sorted out.

If Faith Leader is OK I'm probably going to get their Arcee as well as it looks much nicer than the Impossible Toys version and if the new Blurr, Kup,Wreck-Gar & Perceptor toys are any indication I don't want to wait for the rumored Generations version because it'll inevitably suck.

I'm unsure on Mini MP Megatron at present but as Faith Leader towers over Henkei Megatron I'll likely end up getting one to lead my Classics Decepticons providing the balance issues from the official one are fixed.

Custom G1 Jetfire. This is a commission for a great guy. Wanted a more "G1 cartoon" appearance to him. I started with an original G1 Jetfire, added some articulated hands (thanks Zildjian) which retain retraction into the forearms, and swivel on wrists. Modified his hips and upper legs giving him more dynamic poseability. Built an alternate head using a C. Metroplex head, some epoxy, etc. Head (visor type) can easily be swapped in, has self-contained LED light, switch and power source (all jammed in) Jet thrusters also both contain bright blue LED lights toggled on and off via a small switch on each. Both heads are also on ball joints.

More photos can be seen :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/FrenzyRumble/277523541966
or
https://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/sets/72157625232821407/

5164864436_bb6a753537_o.jpg

5164864478_f07bccde21_o.jpg

5164258779_b39c5628e8_o.jpg

5164864318_55bb1067f9_o.jpg

5164259007_50fc3f8281_o.jpg

5164259107_9edd116a3a_o.jpg

5164864678_cff135834d_o.jpg

5164259377_1ce7091d0b_o.jpg

5164865002_490255120d_o.jpg

War For Cybertron is getting a sequel,

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/war-for-cybertron-2-in-2012-170889/

The first one was barely worth the rental fee so I don't expect much from the sequel but maybe there'll be a couple of new toy molds to go alongside the inevitable rerelease of the existing ones.

Voyager Class versions of Prime & Megatron would be top of my list but a Seeker mold is probably a better bet considering the repaint potential.

Back