ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
official FTW! :rock love the colors better on the Hasbro version and the faction symbol is always nice

iGear's head looks a little pinheaded there. maybe it's just the pic though

Igears is a direct remold of the old masterpiece,starscream.

The new mp-11 mold has a bigger head, with side panels that collapse in during the transformation. The old one simply had a smaller head to allow it to fit inside jet mode.
Yep. The heads on the older seekers really start to stick out when you compare them to the new mold. Pretty sure I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on the new Starscream now.

This is for Kuzeh:

DSC_0490_zps38f3b533.jpg

DSC_0491_zps9ccf964a.jpg

Hey, has anyone pre-ordered from Robot Kingdom? I've bought instock items from them before, and they have been fantastic.

I'm just worried about paying in full for items that wont be in stock for another few months! Doesnt think invalidate any PayPal buyer protection?

So I was just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered from RK and what the experience was like (particularly any stories where things went wrong and how they handled it!).

Thanks,
Khai

Yep. The heads on the older seekers really start to stick out when you compare them to the new mold. Pretty sure I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on the new Starscream now.

Yea I hadn't noticed the head size on my Starscream and Skywarp until that comparison pic. Really shows the size difference. Now I too fell like I need the new mold MP Starscream :gah:

Hey, has anyone pre-ordered from Robot Kingdom? I've bought instock items from them before, and they have been fantastic.

I'm just worried about paying in full for items that wont be in stock for another few months! Doesnt think invalidate any PayPal buyer protection?

So I was just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered from RK and what the experience was like (particularly any stories where things went wrong and how they handled it!).

Thanks,
Khai

Been ordering everything Transformers that I cannot get locally from Robot Kingdom for the last 2 years. If you ordered something way in advance you will receive it. They are as good as any online retailer Ive ever ordered from,even better than some here in the states. As I see it they are a respectable retailer and want to keep that persona and would not try and scam people from their monies. Everything Ive ordered from them has been a preorder,from a month to 3-4 months away and Ive received all of it no problems.

Ive never had any items damaged or wrong figures or whatever so I cannot comment on that. The only thing that did go wrong was my own fault. I preordered the Rage of Hercules set and Masterpiece Sideswipe at the same time assuming they would ship each when they come in. Not the case. If you order items together that have seperate release dates,they wont ship your items until the last item in that order comes in(because of your shipping quote for 1 shipment). You can email them in these cases and ask em to ship part of your order thats instock and they will invoice you the difference through paypal. Overall an excellent company.

Last edited:
Been ordering everything Transformers that I cannot get locally from Robot Kingdom for the last 2 years. If you ordered something way in advance you will receive it. They are as good as any online retailer Ive ever ordered from,even better than some here in the states. As I see it they are a respectable retailer and want to keep that persona and would not try and scam people from their monies. Everything Ive ordered from them has been a preorder,from a month to 3-4 months away and Ive received all of it no problems.

Ive never had any items damaged or wrong figures or whatever so I cannot comment on that. The only thing that did go wrong was my own fault. I preordered the Rage of Hercules set and Masterpiece Sideswipe at the same time assuming they would ship each when they come in. Not the case. If you order items together that have seperate release dates,they wont ship your items until the last item in that order comes in(because of your shipping quote for 1 shipment). You can email them in these cases and ask em to ship part of your order thats instock and they will invoice you the difference through paypal. Overall an excellent company.

Thanks for the feedback! I've really liked their service so far. Got my MP-9 v2 from them in a record 4 day shipment, and was in perfect condition. So I think I'll definitely preorder more from them now based on your feedback and others I've also received. Cheers!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

What is the best presentation of Jazz and Prowl out there that is in scale with the Masterpieces and Igear's?I will get Igear Ironhide and Ratchet as those are the best yet of what ive seen.

Last edited:

What is the best presentation of Jazz and Prowl out there that is in scale with the Masterpieces and Igear's?I will get Igear Ironhide and Ratchet as those are the best yet of what ive seen.

United Jazz would be my pick. For Prowl, wait until his masterpiece release.

I use modified Alternators figures, as I'm not a huge fan of the Classics in general (particularly that Prowl, which is kinda hideous). But the Classics are more in scale with the Igear Ironhide and Ratchet. None of these figures are gonna be perfectly in scale with others, though. In fact, there was no consistent scale with the cartoon anyway, and realistic scale is impossible when you have guys like Megatron and Soundwave that turn into little human sized items as well as giant, building tall robots. So, it comes down to personal preference really. Here is a pic with my Alt. figures of those characters and IGear Prime:

SDC13025-1.jpg

Thanks,
Khai

I've ordered from Robot Kingdom multiple times and have been almost always 100% satisfied.

The ONE issue I've had is when my Dr. Wu Wheeljack head was either damaged upon arrival or damaged when I tried to screw it into the TF Prime Wheeljack figure. Either way, it should have been replaced, since if it couldn't even handle the screw that came with the figure it was DESIGNED for, that's no fault of mine. It's not like I was rough-handling it or anything.

ANYWAY, RK asked me to send in a pic and told me "they would contact the manufacturer". Nothing heard since.

Compare that with THREE separate issues I've had buying third party figures from TFSource and another company out of Canada... I think it was called Automaton Toys.

1. iGear Seeker (can't remember which one - I think it was Thrust, but I'm not sure) had one of their rear wingtips (the spiky part) bent right inside the package. TFSource sent replacement parts ASAP.

2. Perfect Effect's Reflector set was missing one of the tiny knives. TFSource replaced the part ASAP.

3. Bought Warbot Defender when he was reissued. A store on Ebay out of Quebec had the best price at the time. Unfortunately, one of his knee joints had a crack - probably created when they put the rivet in it during production (it reminded me of a vintage GI Joe "elbow crack", if you know what I mean). Contacted the store, sent a replacement leg right away.

Now that's great service. So far I guess I've been lucky with Robot Kingdom, as most of my items have arrived free of any damage. I'm not impressed with how they dealt with the Dr. Wu issue (and I'm not likely to buy any more Dr. Wu products now, either), though. Sure, they offer better prices because they're located in China, but I'm going to have to think long and hard before ordering through them again, after having such great experiences with TFSource and Automaton...

I've got MP Soundwave and Sideswipe ordered through RK already, though, and paid for. Here's hoping they come through okay, because it would REALLY suck if they were broken! :(

United Jazz would be my pick. For Prowl, wait until his masterpiece release.

It should be noted that no one knows for certain whether Prowl will get an MP release or not. It's all speculation at this point. A lot of assumptions are being made and while I agree that there seems to be a good chance we'll get one eventually, you never know.

It seemed obvious that we'd get an Alternator Prowl using the old Subaru mold, but look what they did there? :slap

At any rate, I'm pretty happy with my Henkei Prowl in the meantime.

Toyworld have revealed their next Throttlebot,
https://www.3rdpartystore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=133

It's apparently meant to be Searchlight,
https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=g...6&start=16&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:16,i:163

It looks very nice but is an easy pass for me as they've gone the Classics route and changed the alt mode.

DPrime
According to a guy I talk to occasionally at TFW, MP Prowl is in progress and has been fully designed as a 3D model.

Without proof such info should obviously be taken with a pinch of salt but he seemed to be on the level with some other stuff he told me so fingers crossed!

Last edited:

This is for Kuzeh:

DSC_0490_zps38f3b533.jpg

DSC_0491_zps9ccf964a.jpg

Thanks for those pics dude!! :hi5:
Definitely getting the MP's then...

I use modified Alternators figures, as I'm not a huge fan of the Classics in general (particularly that Prowl, which is kinda hideous). But the Classics are more in scale with the Igear Ironhide and Ratchet. None of these figures are gonna be perfectly in scale with others, though. In fact, there was no consistent scale with the cartoon anyway, and realistic scale is impossible when you have guys like Megatron and Soundwave that turn into little human sized items as well as giant, building tall robots. So, it comes down to personal preference really. Here is a pic with my Alt. figures of those characters and IGear Prime:

SDC13025-1.jpg

I regret selling my Alternators and Classics :monkey2
I want to have a very basic G1 main characters collection.
I'm looking into getting these:

Autobots
- Classics Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Smokescreen (maybe?)
- Binaltech/Alternators Hound, Bluestreak, Prowl
- iGear's Ultra Magnus, Ironhide and Ratchet
- Masterpiece Grimlock
- United Jazz and Tracks

Decepticons
- Masterpiece, Strascream, Thundercracker and Skywarp
- Soundwave (still debating, depending how tall the MP one is)
- Still hoping for a decent G1 Shockwave... :monkey2
- Herc Devastator... :horror... so expensive...
- Any decent Insecticons out there?

Yeah, your list is similar to mine. I'm only interested in G1, and preferably, toon-accurate G1. Soundwave is a must-buy for me, and if I ever win the lottery I'm gonna justify getting Hercules.

Not totally G1 accurate, but the Fansproject ones are pretty sweet:

l5wCs.jpg

The best way for a G1 accurate collection is to do a hybrid of Masterpieces & selected 3rd party releases.

The vast majority of Classics are reimagined in some way and almost none of them come close to the accuracy of iGear's Ironhide & Ratchet.

My series 1 Autobot display will soon consist of,

iGear Optimus Prime
iGear Ironhide & Ratchet
iGear Brawn & Gears
iGear Huffer
Takara Masterpiece Grimlock
Takara Masterpiece Sideswipe

The following will be added if the rumors are true,
Takara Masterpiece Sunstreaker
Takara Masterpiece Prowl & Bluestreak

And for the 'cons,

iGear Seekers
FansProject Insecticons ( modded to look more G1 accurate )
Perfect Effect Rumble & Frenzy ( will be replaced with the MP versions )
TFC Devastator
Takara Masterpiece Soundwave & Laserbeak

And if the rumors are true,
Takara Masterpiece Ravage & Rumble
Takara Masterpiece Buzzsaw & Frenzy
( the molds for the tapes exist so it's just a matter of how the 2-packs are divided up )
Takara Masterpiece Megatron V2

It also appears that iGear may be planning a PP series Wheeljack ( a Masterpiece is extremely unlikely due to multiple licensing issues ) and Shockwave as both characters are hinted at in the bios for Ironhide & Ratchet.

I would also put money on a 3rd party company making a proper Porsche 935 Jazz in the same scale as MP Sideswipe as it'd be a dead cert for good sales.

Last edited:
For now,im getting characters from the first season of the animated series.I haven't watched it since i was a kid and currently watching it.Im sure i will get more when i start in season 2.

I have MP-01 and 04,and had Starscream,but that's about it.The TF toys have been a bit too cheap looking for me but watching the animated series makes me appreciate them more and reminds me how much i freaking loved that series as a kid.

Thanks for the advices guys,so far i like the United Jazz and Henkei prowl the most.Since they are sold out i guess i have to dig deeper in my wallet to get them.How big are Henkei TF anyway?Remember,i have only bothered with the MP series so far so i don't know much about the size of these.I saw the Megatron Comparison pic a few pages back with Henkei and Hegemon,but that doesn't help me one bit :D

Last edited:
Toyworld have revealed their next Throttlebot,
https://www.3rdpartystore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=133

It's apparently meant to be Searchlight,
https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=g...6&start=16&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:16,i:163

It looks very nice but is an easy pass for me as they've gone the Classics route and changed the alt mode.

DPrime
According to a guy I talk to occasionally at TFW, MP Prowl is in progress and has been fully designed as a 3D model.

Without proof such info should obviously be taken with a pinch of salt but he seemed to be on the level with some other stuff he told me so fingers crossed!

Oh yeah? Well that's pretty cool if true.

I'll definitely pick one up if that's the case (as well as Bluestreak and Smokescreen) but I'm pretty happy with my Henkei versions as well. "Reimagined" or not, they're great figures. I'm using them as stand-ins at the moment but if/when proper MP versions come out, I'll still keep 'em. Maybe I'll eventually get Henkei Prime as well.

For now,im getting characters from the first season of the animated series.I haven't watched it since i was a kid and currently watching it.Im sure i will get more when i start in season 2.

I have MP-01 and 04,and had Starscream,but that's about it.The TF toys have been a bit too cheap looking for me but watching the animated series makes me appreciate them more and reminds me how much i freaking loved that series as a kid.

Thanks for the advices guys,so far i like the United Jazz and Henkei prowl the most.Since they are sold out i guess i have to dig deeper in my wallet to get them.How big are Henkei TF anyway?Remember,i have only bothered with the MP series so far so i don't know much about the size of these.I saw the Megatron Comparison pic a few pages back with Henkei and Hegemon,but that doesn't help me one bit :D

The Henkei Autobots seem to fit in with iGear's Faith Leader and the MP Seekers and Grimlock pretty well. They vary a bit in size but most of them line up pretty nicely. I'll snap a pic once I get mine up.

Henkei Decepticons are, on the whole, too small imo.

Oh yeah? Well that's pretty cool if true.

I'll definitely pick one up if that's the case (as well as Bluestreak and Smokescreen) but I'm pretty happy with my Henkei versions as well. "Reimagined" or not, they're great figures. I'm using them as stand-ins at the moment but if/when proper MP versions come out, I'll still keep 'em. Maybe I'll eventually get Henkei Prime as well.

The Henkei Autobots seem to fit in with iGear's Faith Leader and the MP Seekers and Grimlock pretty well. They vary a bit in size but most of them line up pretty nicely. I'll snap a pic once I get mine up.

Henkei Decepticons are, on the whole, too small imo.

Time will tell as to whether the other MP Autobot cars being rumored are legit but I'm reasonably confident as the Lamborghini license ( for Sunstreaker ) is in place and Takara are on good terms with Nissan as well.

I think the CHUG mold for the Nissan trio is one of the better ones as it didn't get redesigned beyond recognition....the alt mode looked quite a lot like a modern 350 and the robot mode was more or less the same as G1 with added articulation.

Henkei Smokescreen has one of the top 3 paintjobs in the entire lineup of CHUG toys ( Utd Tracks & Jazz being the other 2 ) so the Masterpiece one should look spectacular.

Back