ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're the same size as any official MP Seeker. Most if not all of iGear's stuff is meant to work around the same size as the official MP Seekers and MP Grimlock.

iGear's Seekers are the same size as the official versions of that mold.

Thanks,that helps me with my decision.I see the igear seekers are priced the same but yet the igear looks cheaper.MP looks to be the overall better toy with better details.What is your take on this?

The only one that looks better than the MP is Thundercracker,the colour is more accurate.

Last edited:
it's the G2. but it's a custom transformation. makes him look LOADS better.

I'll be waiting for the takara version, however.

Just revealed that Takara is going to use game accurate colors, with a metallic paint scheme like their FOC optimus.

That's the retail version. G2 version has an orange Onslaught, red Swindle and so on. Plus, no in hand photos anywhere, yet.

Thanks,that helps me with my decision.I see the igear seekers are priced the same but yet the igear looks cheaper.MP looks to be the overall better toy with better details.What is your take on this?

The only one that looks better than the MP is Thundercracker,the colour is more accurate.

The official ones have the benefits of proper faction logos and more detailing but other than that it's really down to what color schemes you prefer and whether you prefer the mod made on the iGear ones or not as the plastic and overall build quality of the iGear ones in comparison to the official ones is absolutely fine.

For me the iGear ones work best because,

A. The hip kibble mod removed the issue that put me off buying any of the official versions.

B. They were the cheapest & quickest way for me to get a set of 3.

C. I like the color schemes best.

That said I would still have preferred iGear's Starscream to be colored more like MP11.

In the case of Starscream, I would agree with you that the official one looks better. Nicer headsculpt, official 'Con sigils, and the wings in 'bot mode are slightly more accurate to the cartoon... There might be other details but that's what I remember off the top of my head. Mind you I didn't own the iGear version but I do have MP-11, and those differences were obvious just going by iGear's pics.

I'm torn on Thundercracker. I don't like the lighter blue on either. I actually had the iGear version preordered for a time but when they changed the leg colour, I cancelled. I think that was around the time MP-11 had been revealed and I was banking on a TC version of that mold at some point, too. So far, the Hasbro one looks a bit disappointing too. I could probably live with the colour but those markings... ugh. Maybe Takara will release a nicer version, with a deeper, shinier blue like their original MP release.

For Skywarp, the obvious choice is iGear but you might want to wait and see what either Takara or Hasbro do.

Like Corsair said, plastic and build quality are virtuatlly identical. I don't have the original Seeker trio but I do have the Coneheads, and like all the other iGear products I own, they feel like they could have come directly from Hasbro and/or Takara... maybe even a bit better in some cases!

MP11 Takara Starscream is a no brainer,and i think i will go for Hasbro MP Thundercracker because it has the new MP11 Mold.I wish Hasbro would do the same with Skywarp and it would be an easy choice for me.
So far Igear Skywarp is preferred.

Here's a comparison of the IGear and official new MP Thundercracker for anyone interested. I think I may upgrade Starscream to the new mold now that I have T-Cracker in hand. Has there been any suggestions that Starscream will get a U.S. release?

DSC_0474_zps15956352.jpg

Here's a comparison of the IGear and official new MP Thundercracker for anyone interested. I think I may upgrade Starscream to the new mold now that I have T-Cracker in hand. Has there been any suggestions that Starscream will get a U.S. release?

DSC_0474_zps15956352.jpg

It might be the poses but to my eyes the iGear version looks taller & the cockpit looks longer as well.

With the side by side I think I actually prefer the Hasbro version.

Neil

Don't know if you guys saw or not, but TRU had the MP Thundercracker release for $69.99 on-line, and I went into TRU yesterday and all Transformers were buy 2 get the 3rd free. So yes, I have 4 new Transformers.

Are all of these MP Prime releases harming the value of the original MP Prime that much? I still have a sealed Takara MP Prime sealed in it's box.

DSC_0474_zps15956352.jpg

Thanks for that. I haven't seen them side by side yet - the Hasbro version is looking a lot darker than I previously thought. Not bad at all...

Yeah, I gotta say, the official version looks much better. Not that the iGear one looks bad or anything, though.

It might be the poses but to my eyes the iGear version looks taller & the cockpit looks longer as well.

With the side by side I think I actually prefer the Hasbro version.

Neil

Yeah, I think it's the more widespread stance the Hasbro version has here that makes him look smaller. That's also a point in its favour, I think - I find it difficult to pose the older MP Seekers and the iGear Coneheads due to their feet. They stand upright just fine but it's a bit more difficult to get an "action" pose out of them because of it.

Are all of these MP Prime releases harming the value of the original MP Prime that much? I still have a sealed Takara MP Prime sealed in it's box.

I'm sure you'll find the occasional buyer who's willing to overpay but the market is pretty saturated with all the different versions of these so I don't think you will make much off of it. MP-10, I think, is the going to dethrone that figure as the definitive Prime, for those that are yet to own one. And I've had my MP-01 since day one and I never thought any figure could be better that it, but MP-10 is definitely my most favorite Prime figure ever.

Thanks for that. I haven't seen them side by side yet - the Hasbro version is looking a lot darker than I previously thought. Not bad at all...

Yeah, I gotta say, the official version looks much better. Not that the iGear one looks bad or anything, though.

The more I look at the pic the more I think the Hasbro version wins over the iGear one.
Just something about the proportions on the iGear one looks off, the Hasbro just looks better all round.
It's a good looking figure but side by side the Hasbro one just looks more polished & in better scale...iGear definitely looks too long in places.

Yeah, I think it's the more widespread stance the Hasbro version has here that makes him look smaller. That's also a point in its favour, I think - I find it difficult to pose the older MP Seekers and the iGear Coneheads due to their feet. They stand upright just fine but it's a bit more difficult to get an "action" pose out of them because of it.

I've never even posed mine properly yet.
I have all 3 seekers from the MP3 mold (Starscream is the walmart exclusive version) that have been transformed once each & then put away.
Looking forward to moving later this year so I can finally get them out on display :)
Didn't know they might have problems posing though :(
Might have to re-buy the MP11's if that's the case.

Neil

I'm sure you'll find the occasional buyer who's willing to overpay but the market is pretty saturated with all the different versions of these so I don't think you will make much off of it. MP-10, I think, is the going to dethrone that figure as the definitive Prime, for those that are yet to own one. And I've had my MP-01 since day one and I never thought any figure could be better that it, but MP-10 is definitely my most favorite Prime figure ever.

I think MP-01 will always retain some value - for example, he looks and feels more impressive to the more casual collector, I think. If you're a Hot Toys/Sideshow collector and just want to have one Transformer in your collection, that would be the one to have. I mean, sure, he's still out of scale but at least he's as big as your average 1/6 figure, and wouldn't look terribly out of place alongside a T-800, Alien, etc.

But yeah, you're more likely to get a really good deal on one nowadays. There were quite a lot of 25th Anniversary Primes available too, after all.

The more I look at the pic the more I think the Hasbro version wins over the iGear one.
Just something about the proportions on the iGear one looks off, the Hasbro just looks better all round.
It's a good looking figure but side by side the Hasbro one just looks more polished & in better scale...iGear definitely looks too long in places.

Yeah, I've been unimpressed with the Hasbro TC until seeing that pic. The blue is much deeper than I realized. Might have to pick one up eventually...

DSC_0474_zps15956352.jpg

I like iGear's a lot, for some reason I thought they would be shorter than MP... got a picture of iGears Prime with any of the Seekers?

DSC_0474_zps15956352.jpg

official FTW! :rock love the colors better on the Hasbro version and the faction symbol is always nice

iGear's head looks a little pinheaded there. maybe it's just the pic though

Igears is a direct remold of the old masterpiece,starscream.

The new mp-11 mold has a bigger head, with side panels that collapse in during the transformation. The old one simply had a smaller head to allow it to fit inside jet mode.

Back