ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He guys quick question that I've been going back and forth deciding for awhile. So right now it seems the DMK Optimus is going for about $250 from what I've seen and I'm wondering if those of you who do have it think it's worth spending the $250 on that OR would the Takara Buster Prime/Jetfire 2pack that runs the same amount be better? I know it should seem like a no brainer to get the 2pack but I just can't seem to pull the trigger

No, do not spend $250 on that kit, it is not worth that much. I know at least 10 people who received the kit that had missing pieces plus I was missing a piece in mine as well. It's fun to build, but once completed you won't want to even pose it because it feels so fragile. Go with Buster Prime.

The stores out here won't let them out the backroom. I run the toy/electronics departments and just happened to stumble upon them while shooting orders to fill the shelves.

I've heard both situations, but my friends here locally have had great success with getting them to bring them out of the stockroom. I mean sure there are no guarantees but for the most part it works.

No, do not spend $250 on that kit, it is not worth that much. I know at least 10 people who received the kit that had missing pieces plus I was missing a piece in mine as well. It's fun to build, but once completed you won't want to even pose it because it feels so fragile. Go with Buster Prime.

While I agree I wouldn't spend $250 on the kit, its not THAT fragile. Its an articulated model kit (and thus should be treated as so) NOT an action figure. It is the best representation of Bayverse Prime and if you can snag it at a good price, I would pick it up.

Anyone own TF Prime FE Starscream? Wonder if he is close in scale with the rest of the figures, or will the voyager be too big?

I called another tru and they will get a case sometimes next week, the employee took my name and number and said he can call me before he opens the box so I have first crack at it.:yess:

Last edited:
BBTS is shipping my Takara Bulkhead and Cliffjumper :yess:

While I agree I wouldn't spend $250 on the kit, its not THAT fragile. Its an articulated model kit (and thus should be treated as so) NOT an action figure. It is the best representation of Bayverse Prime and if you can snag it at a good price, I would pick it up.

Thanks for the feedback guys. i think I'll just go with Buster Prime. With my luck, I'll be one of the ones who ends up with pieces missing and definitely don't want to take that chance if I'm going to spend $250
Anyone own TF Prime FE Starscream? Wonder if he is close in scale with the rest of the figures, or will the voyager be too big?

I called another tru and they will get a case sometimes next week, the employee took my name and number and said he can call me before he opens the box so I have first crack at it.:yess:

congrats on getting first crack on a fresh box :clap i know my TRU wouldn't do that

here's a pic I found of deluxe Starscream with deluxe Arcee. Owning Arcee and judging by this pic, Starscream will come to megatron's decepticon emblem on his chest
Transformers-Prime-Arcee-Starscream_1320205482.jpg

and here's the Voyager proto:

transformers_prime_voyager_starscream.PNG

transformers_prime_voyager_starscream_vehiclemode.PNG

Last edited:
BBTS is shipping my Takara Bulkhead and Cliffjumper :yess:

congrats on getting first crack on a fresh box :clap i know my TRU wouldn't do that

here's a pic I found of deluxe Starscream with deluxe Arcee. Owning Arcee and judging by this pic, Starscream will come to megatron's decepticon emblem on his chest
Transformers-Prime-Arcee-Starscream_1320205482.jpg

and here's the Voyager proto:

transformers_prime_voyager_starscream.PNG

transformers_prime_voyager_starscream_vehiclemode.PNG

Nice, hope it's not too long for HLJ to get Bulkhead and CJ back instock

Hope my local TRU don't over look it and put them out then noticed they had to put it on hold for me.

I don't see the picture with the deluxe SS and Arcee, maybe I'll just stick with the deluxe. We'll see.

hasbro has released a statement regarding the TF Prime FE Figures:
Hasbro Transformers Team said:
TRANSFORMERS fans,

As we greatly value our TRANSFORMERS fans and consumers, we appreciate the opportunity to clarify and explain the current situation with TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition figure availability in the U.S.

We very much apologize for the miscommunication with our great retailers in the U.S. Regrettably, as a result, the TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition Wave 2 Deluxe, Wave 1 Voyager and Entertainment Pack figures were posted for pre-sale in error. Final product was not produced for these figures to ship within the U.S. As such, any consumer who placed a pre-sale order with Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth in the U.S. received a note that their order had been cancelled and these orders will not be fulfilled. While it is common for Hasbro to cancel production and/or shipment of collectible figures prior to being listed for pre-sale, this particular situation was unique. We deeply regret this circumstance and understand your frustration.

We would also like to express that we hear the fan community in the U.S. loud and clear – you want these specific TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition figures. While we can’t confirm anything at this time, and the format in which these figures are packaged and distributed may change, the team is looking into ways to make these available at a later date in the U.S. and will keep the fan community and our retailers posted as opportunities develop. We want to make this right, and making these figures available to the U.S. fans is a top priority for the team. We greatly appreciate your understanding and ongoing enthusiasm for the brand and hope in the mean time, you enjoy the TRANSFORMERS PRIME figures that are hitting shelves now and in the coming weeks.

Regards,

The TRANSFORMERS Team

Looks like the TF Prime FE figures just may be coming to the US just later and most likely packaged differently

Sounds like they are going in the Hot Toys route :lol

Maybe SDCC exclusives or Battle Damaged or even a Prime without the face plate.

Hasbro royalty f'd up on this one

Last edited:
Sounds like they are going in the Hot Toys route :lol

Maybe SDCC exclusives or Battle Damaged or even a Prime without the face plate.

Hasbro royalty f'd up on this one

Agreed, glad I got FE Optimus imported and found FE Starscream, Bumblebee and Arcee at retail. But it does suck major balls that the US distribution just fell through. After seeing first hand the RID Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, powerthang optimus and upcoming Arcee I can say Hasbro pooched the American cash crop out of the good stuff. The mechtech type continuation on the RID figures just flat out stinks.

Full pics of more Combaticons and Bruticus. The latter looks a bit disappointing at first, but it looks mistransformed and especially badly posed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

10f6z4w.jpg

Looks like BTS came through on my Tak Bulkhead as well. :)

That Hasbro statment seems a bit weird. Are they really trying to tell us that the FE line was never meant to come to the US? That doesn't make any kind of sense... Seems like someone must have screwed up,but whatever. Nice that they're a least addressing it.

I always figured they'd either reuse these molds or improve on them anyway. It'l be weird not having Prime (especially given the line's moniker), but I think I am still going to bide my time and wait, unless I can pick up a Takara FE for a reasonble price. Even then I think I would be happier with one with a face sculpt... Though I suppose we can count on one frome a third party to upgrade the existing head if that never happens.

Who knows,maybe I will find some more FE figures when I get home and be able to make a trade...

Not sure what I think about that Bruticus... Looks okay but I don't think I'm about to start buying videogame figures. I still need to pick up those games though...

:yess:Called target and they had 1 case of deluxe in the back, the employee put the set of 4 on hold for me. He also said there are 4 voyagers in the back but he cant get to it now. But when I come to pick up the deluxe that someone could pull it out for me.

Hope it's not too late to cancel my etoys order.

I really don't like striker prime. the flames are accurate, but the overall paint is definitely not as accurate as the Buster Prime or the DMK kit. The gun however is pretty accurate to DOTM but i prefer the gun he used in the first to movies.

I have both the DMK and Buster Prime, and if you have both the money and the patience, there's no comparison. The DMK is the best version of movie Prime you can get. Just don't expect to be able to play with him.

Hercules is just so awesome. He is truly the dream Devastator toy i would have wanted as a kid. And is that my Henkei SS?? Can i have it back??

Do you have all of your pieces yet Craw? He truly is something, I need to take a few more pics tonight holding Prime. And yes that is your Starscream, safe and sound surrounded by his troops.

I have both the DMK and Buster Prime, and if you have both the money and the patience, there's no comparison. The DMK is the best version of movie Prime you can get. Just don't expect to be able to play with him.

Well I don't "play" with them. I mean most of my TFs are in a Detolf. I do occasionally take them out to transform them. I mean when folks have been saying that you can't play with him, are y'all talking about it in terms of like how a kid would play with toys? I mean I would like to be able to strike a pose with it and if I can't even do that then the DMK is really not for me then

Meh, no luck with Target numbers yet... One store here (Concord, NH) had 'em, but the woman I spoke to said she couldn't sell them to me because of a street date. Oh well. :(

I'm sure Canada will get these at around the same time, but still... would be nice to pick 'em up at US prices w/o tax. ;)

Meh, no luck with Target numbers yet... One store here (Concord, NH) had 'em, but the woman I spoke to said she couldn't sell them to me because of a street date. Oh well. :(

I'm sure Canada will get these at around the same time, but still... would be nice to pick 'em up at US prices w/o tax. ;)

:gah:Oh man, I'm heading down to target in a few hours and the employee had put the set on hold for me. I hope they won't tell me the same.

Back