ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I just checked this section because I was bored. I didn't even know about this. I picked up rotf bruticus and superion at wal-mart during one of their sales. I almost forgot.

As soon As I watched that video, I found and pre-ordered that crossfire set. Definitely an improvement!!!

Thanks!

since you got Superion, might as well not hold back and get this set too for him too:wink1:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3BKsIu-D6I4&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3BKsIu-D6I4&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

since you got Superion, might as well not hold back and get this set too for him too:wink1:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3BKsIu-D6I4&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3BKsIu-D6I4&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I found that, but it's selling for double the msrp right now. Too bad. Around $130-$150. Seems a bit much. This one only comes with pieces and no replacement transformers.

Anybody with any in-hand pics wanna convince me to get it?

Oddly enough, the Botcon stuff was shown at a Chinese convention.:lol Ah well, the new figures look pretty good, though not as good as the panel reporters made them seem (and there is some major mistransformation going on, poor Lugnut).

1280477090_CybCon.jpg

1280477090_CybCon2.jpg

1280477090_CybCon3.jpg

1280477090_CybCon4.jpg

1280477090_CybCon5.jpg

1280477090_CybCon6.jpg

1280477090_CybCon7.jpg

1280477090_CybCon8.jpg

Can't wait for MP Rodimus and Classic Jazz looks awesome will the first TF I've bought at retail in over a year since Animated Jazz last year:lol

Looks like next year's gonna be decent. Based on those pics I'll be getting,

Jazz
Perceptor
Tracks
Grapple
Windcharger
Scourge
MP Rodimus

I got Generations Thrust and the Perfect Effect Rumble & Frenzy in the post today who are all excellent, the detail & poseability in the 2 little dudes is phenomenal considering they're so tiny.

I also got a custom Movie Prime from a friend yesterday which is AWESOME!

Wow, thanks for those pics, Ra88!!!
Have they mentioned anything about rereleasing any of the Classics? I'd be more apt to buy these new deluxes if I knew I could pick up the Classics Prime, Bumblebee, etc without it costing an arm and a leg.

Wow, thanks for those pics, Ra88!!!
Have they mentioned anything about rereleasing any of the Classics? I'd be more apt to buy these new deluxes if I knew I could pick up the Classics Prime, Bumblebee, etc without it costing an arm and a leg.

I have an extra classics Bumblebee and Skywarp. Oh and a MISB Henkei Jetfire/Skyfire.

For a long time, I've wanted to do a custom Whirl. He was one of the few Transformers that survived the years since my childhood. A while back, I awoke from sleep thinking I had a great idea....convert Energon Quickstrike into Whirl, similar transformation, good size, etc. I found out some time after that this same idea was already done (by Wheeljack of sector70) yet - continued with the project, being a Whirl fan.

Since I had the G1 Whirl from my younger years, I did what I do best. Hacked it up. I used some of the original g1 Whirl parts on this custom : head, claw, feet, coptor blades. for the canon arm, I used parts from a VERY expensive zoid saber model kit. I did some heavy moding to build of this base figure, especially in the waist area (articulated) feet and other areas.

somehow, I integrated a working flashing 1mm LED, switch, battery and wires in his little head. A small on/off switch on the back activates the blinking RED led. *the g1 toy and art had the eye red as well*

Also, I installed a motor to his main helicopter blade (check out the video to follow demonstrating it) There's a small button on the tail of the helicopter which when pressed, spin his yellow blades of carnage.

4847319788_b6c0572fcb_b.jpg

4846700223_00c06d2bfc_b.jpg

4846700355_8bea4424e9_b.jpg

4847319850_8e142c74f2_b.jpg

4847319580_cc3be95939_b.jpg

4846700169_fd5156de60_b.jpg

4846700099_aa6b7b6953_b.jpg

4846700181_f706393864_b.jpg

Here's a video demonstrating the motorized helicopter blade and LED blinky eye.

Great job FR, Whirl just like the rest of the Macross stuff was cool, always stood out from the rest of the GeeWun stuff.

Found myself a Human Alliance Jazz today. Awesome figure, hands down the best of the Human Alliance series, and the only one that doesn't look out of place alongside Buster Optimus Prime. The silver finish of the vehicle body is very nice, and the clear headlamps and foglights doesn't hurt either (the foglights are actually hollowed through so light can pass through from behind him in robot mode. The flip-down transparent-blue visor is an awesome little feature, but his oddly-painted face will have you leaving it down all the time.

The leg transformation is quite unique (to my knowledge), and the use of the cardoors as more than just kibble in robot mode is also impressive. The transformation of his weird little claw hands is quite clever as well. His accessory is arguably the most well-conceived of the series; Lennox (the included crappy figurine) actually road a motorcycle in the film, and Jazz actually had a shield. The fact that the motorcycle doubles as the shield is quite convenient. Unfortunately, the transformation to shield leaves much to be desired, as it looks like Jazz is holding a rolled up motorcycle. And in the case of at least my figure, he doesn't hold it well at all; it hangs limp in his hand because the joint on the handle isn't stiff enough, leaving the shield and missile pointing at the ground. I spent an hour trying to find a better way for him to hold it and came up with nothing. So if you get this figure, be prepared for his gun/shield to be completely unusable.

I miss the rubber tires and chrome accents of the Alternator series; at $10 more a pop than those figures cost, Hasbro should be able to throw in those two premium features and metallic bodypaint for every Human Alliance figure. With each of the Human Alliance figures I own, with close inspection its easy to see where the bean counters stepped in and drew a line. Back kibble continues to be a disappointment, although admittedly much less so with Jazz; every figure has had their windshield, hood and roof piled on their back. Knowing that every figure is going to have these panels of kibble, it would be great if they could engineer them to bury inside the torso, instead of hanging on the back of it.

There's no foot articulation, which makes posing him a bit of a challenge. It's unfortunate the thigh panels didn't have a fold in them so that they could better wrap around his leg, as they're too wide as-is and just accentuate his tiny little knees. It would have been nice if his rear tires collapsed into the back of his legs, as it would be more movie accurate and also fill the black hollow void that are his ankles. A lot of these little things add up to a figure that looks great from the front, and downright ugly from the back. I'd like there to come a day where a Transformer toy looks good from all sides.

It's a shame Hasbro feels compelled to use candy-colored plastic for the windows of the car (Takara's version is clear), and that god-awful light brown plastic they're in love with (I'm guessing they get a huge discount on turd-brown plastics). If all of the turd-brown parts were replaced with a deep-grey, he'd look considerably more premium that he already does. And at $30 for such a small figure, looking premium is very important.

I apologize for the poor lighting; I can really only take decent photos by sunlight, but wanted to try and take some this evening.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I wonder what's up with this Bumblebee. First thought was Movie MP2, but apparently it's some kind of limited release, Looks very, very good though.

20100801100329_6055_small.jpg

I wonder what's up with this Bumblebee. First thought was Movie MP2, but apparently it's some kind of limited release, Looks very, very good though.

20100801100329_6055_small.jpg

That is the sex! I want that, kicks the ass of any customs that ive seen of that toy so far.
HA Jazz is epic win.
Went to a boot sale today and picked up a ton of junker transformers, as well as a mint condition rotf leader OP for next to nothing!
£4.60, for a £40 toy. Gotta love it.
(it was funny watching its former owner try to transform it before i bought it. OP's arms and legs where sticking out all over the place, and the kid hadnt got it anywhere close to transformed.)

Back