ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we should just enjoy the toys for the designs and stuff and not let how stupid the characters may be on screen effect the desire to collect some really cool toys that came with the movie, i mean i like the Skids deluxe figure and no matter how stupid he is on screen, i am going to try and not let it taint the appeal of the toy.

Oh and that article in the link above is BS, why complain about something that is true in todays society..its not racist at all, people black and white and chinese whatever..talk like this and listen to hip hop where there is even more subjective material in the music itself let alone some Transformers movie with a few stupid lines out of one or more characters..I think it seems maybe these twins relate too accurately to hip hop culture...sadly.

Last edited:
Oh man, this sounds bad...I mean real bad. I usually trust this guys reviews, I guess we will all know in a couple of days.

https://chud.com/articles/articles/19917/1/TRANSFORMERS039-LITTLE-BLACK-SAMBOTS/Page1.html

They're NOT meant to be black people. They're hicks who know that they're pretty much useless and weak, and try to back it up by acting tough. If anything they're potshots at white wannabe gangstah rappers.

Look at it like this: Jazz was horribly done, but still had a black VA, and they even deepened his voice! Wouldn't they have done the same with the Twins if they were meant to be black?

i picked up voyager megatron, mixmaster and ravage during my lunchbreak. passed for the time being on mudflap and the new barricade. are barricade's 'interrogator tools' removeable?

Yes, I read a review somewhere that showed that they are detachable and can fold up to go in his chest like Frenzy did on the original Barricade release.

I think we should just enjoy the toys for the designs and stuff and not let how stupid the characters may be on screen effect the desire to collect some really cool toys that came with the movie, i mean i like the Skids deluxe figure and no matter how stupid he is on screen, i am going to try and not let it taint the appeal of the toy.

Well said!

Oh and that article in the link above is BS, why complain about something that is true in todays society..its not racist at all, people black and white and chinese whatever..talk like this and listen to hip hop where there is even more subjective material in the music itself let alone some Transformers movie with a few stupid lines out of one or more characters..I think it seems maybe these twins relate too accurately to hip hop culture...sadly.

This is the first time I have ever agreed with you, well done.

They're NOT meant to be black people. They're hicks who know that they're pretty much useless and weak, and try to back it up by acting tough. If anything they're potshots at white wannabe gangstah rappers.

Look at it like this: Jazz was horribly done, but still had a black VA, and they even deepened his voice! Wouldn't they have done the same with the Twins if they were meant to be black?

I hope you're right, and don't get me wrong guys I am reserving judgment until I see the finished film. And for what its worth I thought they butchered the character of Jazz in the first film even though they got Eddie from Family Matters. He was no Scatman Crothers thats for sure. :duff

I hope you're right, and don't get me wrong guys I am reserving judgment until I see the finished film. And for what its worth I thought they butchered the character of Jazz in the first film even though they got Eddie from Family Matters. He was no Scatman Crothers thats for sure. :duff

It does sound pretty vague, but I'm confident that they're just hick/white rapper charicatures.

And yeah, they did butcher him. The voice wasn't great, but could have worked if not for...Yeah.:banghead

thanks, Dally. i'm gonna definitely go back and snag barricade.

i was watching the transformers season 1 dvd last night...jazz is so freaking cool in it. i know someone mentioned it earlier...but with crothers doing the voice work, jazz = win for sure imo. soundwave is still all kinds of cool also.

as far as the skids/muflap/twins characters...i just figured they would be on the same scale as the episode 1 jar jar idiocy. i haven't read any reviews or anything yet. gonna try and hold off till i see it.

Just saw it and was Dissapointed. Not crap but an average sequel. After loving the 1st one I was so looking forward to this.

Micheal Bay sometimes less is more. Just to much thrown in on this one.

Didn't care about the human characters at all. John Tutturo (sp?) was one of the only bright spots. And with the action it was hard to keep track of who was who with the shaky cam and close ups, especially since most of the robots weren't properly introduced. The 1st one also had a better story to. Oh well, it is what it is.

Last edited:
After the first movie, I'm not surprised at all to hear there's more offensive racial "humor" in the sequel. I didn't have a problem with Jazz, he seemed the same character to me that he was in the cartoon. I'm pretty sure I remember him break dancing. The black actors in the first film though... man, that was just uncomfortable to watch.

After the first movie, I'm not surprised at all to hear there's more offensive racial "humor" in the sequel. I didn't have a problem with Jazz, he seemed the same character to me that he was in the cartoon. I'm pretty sure I remember him break dancing. The black actors in the first film though... man, that was just uncomfortable to watch.

Jazz was nothing like G1 other then character design...he lacked that wiser touch the G1 Jazz had..and Bernie Mac had the best line in the whole movie about bustin a rock in yo head beeyatch..the only laugh that movie got out of me was from him.

Jazz was nothing like G1 other then character design...he lacked that wiser touch the G1 Jazz had..and Bernie Mac had the best line in the whole movie about bustin a rock in yo head beeyatch..the only laugh that movie got out of me was from him.

He was nothing like the G1 character? Jazz wasn't a jive talking robot that busted the occassional move? I agree he felt a bit younger and less seasoned than in the cartoon, but I think that's largely due to the absence of Scatman Crothers' unique voice.

Well i think the sad part of these movies is character development amongst the Autobots/Decepticons..we never got a chance to really fall in love with any of them really.

Personally i love the movies, and im going to the premiere in calgary tommorow :banana
p.s. i just got the HA Bumblebee, so cool i wish all of them were this good, and this scale. it was $49.99 canadian and should be all over toys'r'us

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game comes out tomorrow!!!!!! Does anyone know of any promotions being done for this game. I believe that if you pre-order at gamestop you get a gold optimus prime "skin" for the game and a Keychain. ( I could be wrong) But are there other promotions at Target or Walmart or Toysrus???

Personally i love the movies, and im going to the premiere in calgary tommorow :banana
p.s. i just got the HA Bumblebee, so cool i wish all of them were this good, and this scale. it was $49.99 canadian and should be all over toys'r'us

You can buy like 5 deluxe's for that price lol..i am waiting for clearance or a sale.

I keep whittling away at little details with prime... probably still things i wanna do...

BUT anyways, i pinstriped his flames:
lopr10.jpg

lopr11.jpg

Not easy, and didn't come out great, but basically done, makes the flames stand out a bit more. Still gotta do the ones on his bot mode guh.

Oh man, this sounds bad...I mean real bad. I usually trust this guys reviews, I guess we will all know in a couple of days.

https://chud.com/articles/articles/19917/1/TRANSFORMERS039-LITTLE-BLACK-SAMBOTS/Page1.html
^^^^ reviewers and their reviews. :monkey4

Most of those dudes have forgotte how to just have a good time at a movie. The people who's opinion I do trust? 1) Mine 2) My friends who have similar tastes as mine.

I got a PM from my buddy Karma, he lives in Scotland so he's already seen this, he said he LOVED it and that Optimus Prime kicks all kinds of ass. He's not even that much of a TF fan.

Back