ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the review up for Mastermind Creations' Seraph Prominion. 30+ images as well as written/video reviews:

https://kumastyledesigns.com/seraphicus-prominon/

Click the image to head over:

Here are a few pics from it:

8-26.png

13-17.png

23-7.png

15-13.png

That's what's I'm doing as well. Got the PE add ons and it makes a difference on how Devy looks. I'm sure this guy was made as some sort of Masterpiece stand in, as it really doesn't look out of place next to the MP's IMO.

It really doesn't, considering it's about 17 or 18 inches tall, so it's about twice the height of MP10, which I can buy considering some of the scenes we got from the G1 cartoon.

Do you have the Hasbro CW or Takara Devy, fran? While I prefer the painted hubcaps, the individual weapons and the ratcheting arms on the Takara Devastator, I'm a bit surprised I actually prefer some of the robot paint apps on the Hasbro version.

I don't know which is a better buy, the stock Takara or the Hasbro with the PE upgrades.

14 months ago back in March 2015, I did a video discussing my Masterpiece Moments for the TF MP figures in my collection.

There have been quite a few additions to the MP collection since then so I though it was time for me to do the next episode and go through my Masterpiece Moments for all the latest figures since that time.

Takara have pumped out about one figure per month since then, albeit mostly repaints. Hope you can check out my thoughts on these Masterpiece figures :)

Thanks for the vid, Khai, I'll be sure to check it out. :duff Oh, and if your Ratchet has bad paint, I'd see if I could get an exchange.

Generation Toy Jazz is IDW Jazz.....which is not what I'm guessing the majority of people will want from an MP scale Jazz.

I know I don't. I'm waiting for either the Transform and Roll Out Hova or the long-awaited Takara MP version.

Yeah, that Jazz looks cool, but not really what I'm looking for for my collection.

Black Tracks looks quite nice, the color scheme and headsculpt work very well for a Decepticon but it's not a figure I'll buy....I won't have my other Diaclone/G2 repaints on display for much longer as I'm going to need more space for Beast Wars.
My thoughts are the same. He looks bad ass, no doubt. But I'm not going down the obscure repaint route. Only one I would really consider so far is Red Bumblebee, and that's if I ever see a nice Cliffjumper sculpt I can substitute in.

I got 2 packages today,

The first one had Takara LGEX Rhinox in it which was quite a suprise as I only ordered it yesterday so top marks to Kapow Toys for such great service.

Major improvements from the Generations version of the mold are a much more show accurate color scheme and tighter hip joints.

The other package had my Beast Wars Neo Heinrad in it so my collection now has officially gone weird :lol

YankeesFanboy,
As far as Jazz goes I'm excited that MMC are making him and would feel the same about Fans Toys and Badcube if they said they were going to have a go at the character as well.

The only way I could be intrested in a Takara Jazz is if they went back to the design aesthetic used from MP10-21 as the more recent G1 figures just don't work for me.

Sooo new Tracks Black repaint incoming (can't remember the name of the figure lol)

Also Generation Toy have shown pictures of their (not)Jazz

Not really feeling it.
Silver not working for me & not "Jazz" enough to fit in with the G1 line IMO

Neil

That Jazz looks awesome, considering I can't stand the direction the MP line is going with looking more cartoon accurate instead of more stylized versions of the cartoon this feels like a must have.

Holy balls!!

And it's chrome!! Does that mean the chrome version will be out the gates first??

They mentioned that they are working on both at the moment, that way the chrome version won't take forever like guttur. But the flames and all those nifty extras will come with the regular metallic version (it will be out first).

Can't wait, he looks amazing. I can accept the whole toy accuracy with Dinobots TBH, but it is mostly the size of these beasts that make them soon cool. Guttur is as big as a Chuhuahua in Dino mode FFS's!

And if Takara ever decides to do the team fully Cartoon accurate, then I'll get them too. But if there's a set of 3P dudes I'll never sell, it's the Gigasours. Guttur is such a FINE figure.

Last edited:
It really doesn't, considering it's about 17 or 18 inches tall, so it's about twice the height of MP10, which I can buy considering some of the scenes we got from the G1 cartoon.

Do you have the Hasbro CW or Takara Devy, fran? While I prefer the painted hubcaps, the individual weapons and the ratcheting arms on the Takara Devastator, I'm a bit surprised I actually prefer some of the robot paint apps on the Hasbro version.

I don't know which is a better buy, the stock Takara or the Hasbro with the PE upgrades.

Thanks for the vid, Khai, I'll be sure to check it out. :duff Oh, and if your Ratchet has bad paint, I'd see if I could get an exchange.

I know I don't. I'm waiting for either the Transform and Roll Out Hova or the long-awaited Takara MP version.

I went UW. But if you don't mind those things, you can save more than $100 if you go CW..

He looks real nice. Can't wait to have the whole GIGA team next to him. (they'll kill him easily).

My week's arrivals,

Takara LGEX Rhinox,

Takara Beast Wars Neo Heinrad,

Vintage Beast Wars Quickstrike,

The Tokyo police department have just taken delivery of 3 of these,

Will the GIGA figures hold their value if Takara ever releases official dinobots?

Nope. No 3p product can in my personal experience. Wether you think the official is made with lesser "quality" or "heft", it will make your 3p lose its value astronomically.

MP08 doesn't count.

I'd never sell my GIGA ones though. Or at least until TT shows theirs, lol.

Will the GIGA figures hold their value if Takara ever releases official dinobots?

Nope. No 3p product can in my personal experience. Wether you think the official is made with lesser "quality" or "heft", it will make your 3p lose its value astronomically.

MP08 doesn't count.

I'd never sell my GIGA ones though. Or at least until TT shows theirs, lol.

I agree with Franpincho, No need to think of selling my Gigapower Dino. Guttur is here to stay in my collection.

Takara will never make them the size Gigapower is making. If you like your Dinobots to be as large as real dinosaurs then Gigapower is the way to go.
/
/
As a side note comment in general,
I dont know why everyone cares about getting their money back. We should all be using Disposable income to fund our collections. Whether you use your dispensable income to buy a Starbucks Latte, or put it towards a Transformer, it should always be disposable.

I hear this topic come up on a couple Transformers pod casts I listen too. One Podcast that this conversation comes up a lot is called Toy Detox. To me I get the impression these people live off of buying expensive 3P figures, then selling them to break even, or make a profit. It sounds like this drives the decision if they should buy a figure or not. I personally will save and buy a figure if I like it. Getting my money back is not something I think about.

I agree with Franpincho, No need to think of selling my Gigapower Dino. Guttur is here to stay in my collection.

Takara will never make them the size Gigapower is making. If you like your Dinobots to be as large as real dinosaurs then Gigapower is the way to go.
/
/
As a side note comment in general,
I dont know why everyone cares about getting their money back. We should all be using Disposable income to fund our collections. Whether you use your dispensable income to buy a Starbucks Latte, or put it towards a Transformer, it should always be disposable.

I hear this topic come up on a couple Transformers pod casts I listen too. One Podcast that this conversation comes up a lot is called Toy Detox. To me I get the impression these people live off of buying expensive 3P figures, then selling them to break even, or make a profit. It sounds like this drives the decision if they should buy a figure or not. I personally will save and buy a figure if I like it. Getting my money back is not something I think about.

That is a very interesting topic, as I think it could go both ways.

Yes, what I buy is entirely done with disposable income. I use My credit card and I MUST be able to pay for it at the end of the month, otherwise I won't get it. That way I keep myself in check, and I also build credit. Take the Ultimetal releases for example, I'm thankful those take a while, because it means I can save for it (which I'm now doing for Ultra Magnus). And the fact that I've now decided to be on the "official only" camp makes things even easier. The most expensive TT release was Shockwave at $130, quite easy to afford.

But I can't deny I was happy to get $160 for Sunsurge, which was what I spent and then some. Did it suck getting less than $90 for Quakewave? Yes. and then all my other 3p figures. I didn't even break even TBH. So yeah, I guess it is nice to know your crap is worth something, but it really isn't. But that was entirely on me, I wanted to make my collection bigger as I thought TT will never do those figures, but now it is different. I firmly believe we will get the all, no matter what. I'm now selling my MP Red Alert, simply because I like the new direction better and I don't want to have 2 Red Alerts (I also stopped buying doubles).

But yeah, I stopped buying "placeholders" until Takara does the official version. Not that I don't think they are great looking, but I just prefer what TT does.

What GIGA does is different though. Yes, I don't think that TT will do the Dinos as big, whic is how I prefer them, so I think my Gigasours are here to stay. But what if they do? what if TT does them all, cartoon accurate and with the huge size? I can assure you eBay will be flooded with GP's and FT's dinos the next day they are announced, and mine will likely be there as well. But let's not be negative uh?

The whole "losing value" topic is even worse on HT threads though. I just don't know how HT collectors keep up with two releases (even three) of the same damn character on a yearly basis.

That is a very interesting topic, as I think it could go both ways.

Yes, what I buy is entirely done with disposable income. I use My credit card and I MUST be able to pay for it at the end of the month, otherwise I won't get it. That way I keep myself in check, and I also build credit. Take the Ultimetal releases for example, I'm thankful those take a while, because it means I can save for it (which I'm now doing for Ultra Magnus). And the fact that I've now decided to be on the "official only" camp makes things even easier. The most expensive TT release was Shockwave at $130, quite easy to afford.

But I can't deny I was happy to get $160 for Sunsurge, which was what I spent and then some. Did it suck getting less than $90 for Quakewave? Yes. and then all my other 3p figures. I didn't even break even TBH. So yeah, I guess it is nice to know your crap is worth something, but it really isn't. But that was entirely on me, I wanted to make my collection bigger as I thought TT will never do those figures, but now it is different. I firmly believe we will get the all, no matter what. I'm now selling my MP Red Alert, simply because I like the new direction better and I don't want to have 2 Red Alerts (I also stopped buying doubles).

But yeah, I stopped buying "placeholders" until Takara does the official version. Not that I don't think they are great looking, but I just prefer what TT does.

What GIGA does is different though. Yes, I don't think that TT will do the Dinos as big, whic is how I prefer them, so I think my Gigasours are here to stay. But what if they do? what if TT does them all, cartoon accurate and with the huge size? I can assure you eBay will be flooded with GP's and FT's dinos the next day they are announced, and mine will likely be there as well. But let's not be negative uh?

The whole "losing value" topic is even worse on HT threads though. I just don't know how HT collectors keep up with two releases (even three) of the same damn character on a yearly basis.

Yeah paying with a CC is fine we all do it to get points, but the key is paying it off at the end of the month in FULL. I would reevaluate my decision to buy the figure if I had to carry a balance.

Collecting is an addiction. We would not be here talking about it if wasn't. I enjoy posting on the forums from time to time, it is actually kind of therapeutic to know that we all share the collecting bug :).

HT collectors have to keep up with a ton of product coming out, I used to be one of them. Now I collect Statues which seems worse than my HT addiction because I did the same dam thing I did with Hot Toys. I bought a bunch of Sideshow Statues to get my collection started, but then found out about Iron Studios from Brazil before they will offered on SS. Then I found out about XM, Now I find myself buying Commissioned pieces from Halimaw. It just doesn't stop and you only want more and more refined pieces of art.

What we all have to remember is just dont go into debt over this stuff. A good friend of mine did and it almost ruined his marriage.

Collecting is fun, but can be as dangerous as drugs, because to us collectors it is our drug of choice :)

/
With all that said WHERE IS THE PO FOR ULTIMETAL ULTRA MAGNUS AND GIGAPOWER GRASSOR!!!!!!:panic:

11015762506_670c63c250_z.jpg

Back